Bill Cosby meets in 2010 and 2013

Place to find reports on meets of the past.
User avatar
class316
Marked Out Historian
Posts: 6232
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Bill Cosby meets in 2010 and 2013

Post by class316 » September 27th, 2018, 5:43 pm

At this point I think it's safe to say there won't be anymore Bill Cosby combos in the future. First off he shut down autographs even before the sex scandals came to surface. When the sex scandals came to surface he became impossible even for the photo op. And now since he will be a RSO and his information will be accessible to any combo hunter in the world, I think it's safe to say he won't ever be doing any more combos. From a combo perspective, Bill Cosby might as well be Andre the Giant at this point.

So let's showcase the two times I did meet him.

First time I met him was in 2010. We were 3 waiting. He did ops then did send ins and I got my vinyls back signed.

Image

Second time was in 2013 where he was being honored at a restaurant chain called Ben's Chili Bowl. At this point he had shut down autograph. To illustrate this, I saw with my own eyes a little child hold up a wrinkled restaurant menu paper and a ball point pen, he looked at it and ignored.

Image

Image

I didn't know it at the time but I should have gotten the photo op with that mural, as they ended up painting over it in 2017.

Despite the chaos, Cosby gave me a posed shot

Image
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets


User avatar
Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro
Posts: 363
Joined: May 6th, 2012, 6:31 pm

Re: Bill Cosby meets in 2010 and 2013

Post by Jason1980s » September 28th, 2018, 4:38 pm

Was Jesse Jackson not doing photo ops or did you already have him?

I'm shocked Bill Cosby hasn't gotten more attention on this board or message boards in general even in the off topic section. I think most posters on the sites I'm on are of the age to have grown up on the Cosby show. But I guess, the less attention to him the better is the feeling.

The whole story is amazing. It reminds me of Sally Field's Mrs. Doubtfire line "THE WHOLE TIME..."

The whole time he's been in our lives or our family members' lives he has been this monster of a man. When you saw his mug shot in the white shirt/suspenders with his head down, you know he finally realized it all caught up to him. Of course I feel bad for his survivors but I also feel bad for his co-stars. I'm sure he was truly like a father to them and I'm sure if they are accepting what he happened, it will be hard for them to come to terms with it.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart

User avatar
class316
Marked Out Historian
Posts: 6232
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Re: Bill Cosby meets in 2010 and 2013

Post by class316 » September 28th, 2018, 5:11 pm

Jason1980s wrote:
September 28th, 2018, 4:38 pm
Was Jesse Jackson not doing photo ops or did you already have him?
I didn't ask cause I have one from before and I hate him too much to ask for another. I was right in front of him so I'm sure if I asked I could have had it.

One thing I don't comprehend, how come people are looking down on Cosby yet still hold Michael Jackson in high regard? Cosby victims were at least of age whereas MJ had sex with kids in the single digits.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

User avatar
Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro
Posts: 363
Joined: May 6th, 2012, 6:31 pm

Re: Bill Cosby meets in 2010 and 2013

Post by Jason1980s » September 28th, 2018, 6:38 pm

Michael Jackson was creepy but could the case against him be proven or did it come out that the parents were trying to get money from him? I really don't remember all the details.
With Bill, I think the timing is what got him. He's much older now and really doesn't have any power any more and there's more publicly "outing" celebrities who are guilty of inappropriate sexual behavior and it can be proven amongst a large amount of people.
I sure am curious to see how his prison term goes given his crimes versus any celebrity status he still has.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4873
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Bill Cosby meets in 2010 and 2013

Post by Greg2600 » September 28th, 2018, 7:34 pm

Jackson was never convicted of ANYTHING. Whether you think he was bizarre, legendary, whatever, that's the facts. Secondly, in EVERY allegation against Michael, the primary goal was always either a lawsuit or outright extortion by the parents, which was the first 1993 incident. Even the 2003 criminal charges were mainly a big PR stunt by the local DA who was out to get him. Did he molest children? I don't know, but it was nearly impossible to fairly assess that because those making the charges often lacked credibility.

Cosby is a different case. He had been accused by an incredible number of highly credible adult women. Women who in many cases, wanted little to nothing to do with the Coz. He drugged and assaulted them. He did this over the course of what, 40-50 years? Bill Cosby is a serial rapist, just like Jimmy Saville was over in the UK to children, or Jerry Sandusky at Penn State. They had people who hid what they did, in some cases. However, Cosby's cases was unique in that he was reported multiple times to authorities, who simply wouldn't or couldn't act. Furthermore, they didn't know each other were doing so. Eventually, word got out, and the victims banded together, and that's what turned the tide. Yes, Bill was out of the limelight, but it was simply the force of so many accusations.

For me personally, you cannot deny MJ's musical abilities, particularly pre-1993, when he basically went off the deep end for good, largely due to addiction. He's iconic, along with The Beatles, Elvis, The Rolling Stones, Frank Sinatra, etc. Bill Cosby, he had a huge hit TV show, followed by a remake of that show, which was moderately successful. His comedy, IMO, is as relatable today as a rotary telephone. I personally never found him funny. His delivery stunk. His jokes, if you listen now, are just plain dumb. I can listen to Pryor or Carlin or heck Pat Cooper stuff from 40 years ago, and still ROFL. His series was groundbreaking though, which you cannot deny.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com


User avatar
mrira
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1138
Joined: June 18th, 2008, 5:19 pm
Location: Bayside,NY

Re: Bill Cosby meets in 2010 and 2013

Post by mrira » September 29th, 2018, 11:42 am

Like most have said, the only people I feel bad for are his victims and his co-stars who have lost money because it’s no longer on everyday making them some money.

CubsFanKEC1982
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 175
Joined: November 13th, 2011, 2:43 pm

Re: Bill Cosby meets in 2010 and 2013

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 » April 16th, 2019, 8:26 am

Greg2600 wrote:
September 28th, 2018, 7:34 pm
Jackson was never convicted of ANYTHING. Whether you think he was bizarre, legendary, whatever, that's the facts. Secondly, in EVERY allegation against Michael, the primary goal was always either a lawsuit or outright extortion by the parents, which was the first 1993 incident. Even the 2003 criminal charges were mainly a big PR stunt by the local DA who was out to get him. Did he molest children? I don't know, but it was nearly impossible to fairly assess that because those making the charges often lacked credibility.

Cosby is a different case. He had been accused by an incredible number of highly credible adult women. Women who in many cases, wanted little to nothing to do with the Coz. He drugged and assaulted them. He did this over the course of what, 40-50 years? Bill Cosby is a serial rapist, just like Jimmy Saville was over in the UK to children, or Jerry Sandusky at Penn State. They had people who hid what they did, in some cases. However, Cosby's cases was unique in that he was reported multiple times to authorities, who simply wouldn't or couldn't act. Furthermore, they didn't know each other were doing so. Eventually, word got out, and the victims banded together, and that's what turned the tide. Yes, Bill was out of the limelight, but it was simply the force of so many accusations.

For me personally, you cannot deny MJ's musical abilities, particularly pre-1993, when he basically went off the deep end for good, largely due to addiction. He's iconic, along with The Beatles, Elvis, The Rolling Stones, Frank Sinatra, etc. Bill Cosby, he had a huge hit TV show, followed by a remake of that show, which was moderately successful. His comedy, IMO, is as relatable today as a rotary telephone. I personally never found him funny. His delivery stunk. His jokes, if you listen now, are just plain dumb. I can listen to Pryor or Carlin or heck Pat Cooper stuff from 40 years ago, and still ROFL. His series was groundbreaking though, which you cannot deny.
After watching "Leaving Neverland", I think the only doubt about Michael Jackson is if some of his entourage should be jailed. Guy was guilty as can be and his love letters to nine year olds were creepy.

Musically; he should be Benoited.

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4873
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Bill Cosby meets in 2010 and 2013

Post by Greg2600 » April 16th, 2019, 2:38 pm

The doc was pretty seriously bad to whatever is left of Jacko's rep. His "minions" won't waver, but again, in a court of law, he did always win. Coz is a convict, and LOVING it I've heard!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

User avatar
class316
Marked Out Historian
Posts: 6232
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Re: Bill Cosby meets in 2010 and 2013

Post by class316 » April 16th, 2019, 2:55 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 2:38 pm
The doc was pretty seriously bad to whatever is left of Jacko's rep. His "minions" won't waver, but again, in a court of law, he did always win. Coz is a convict, and LOVING it I've heard!
It amazes me how MJ won and Jared lost. Not saying the latter is innocent or a good guy, but Jared never touched a child. Something that cannot be said for certainty for MJ.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4873
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Bill Cosby meets in 2010 and 2013

Post by Greg2600 » April 16th, 2019, 3:16 pm

class316 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 2:55 pm

It amazes me how MJ won and Jared lost. Not saying the latter is innocent or a good guy, but Jared never touched a child. Something that cannot be said for certainty for MJ.
Well, Jared wasn't charged with molestation. Evidence on him was mostly electronic and pretty much a slam dunk. They lacked physical evidence on MJ.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

User avatar
class316
Marked Out Historian
Posts: 6232
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Re: Bill Cosby meets in 2010 and 2013

Post by class316 » April 16th, 2019, 3:22 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 3:16 pm
class316 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 2:55 pm

It amazes me how MJ won and Jared lost. Not saying the latter is innocent or a good guy, but Jared never touched a child. Something that cannot be said for certainty for MJ.
Well, Jared wasn't charged with molestation. Evidence on him was mostly electronic and pretty much a slam dunk. They lacked physical evidence on MJ.
True evidence is more slam drunk for Jared. So not shocking he was convicted. I guess the better way for me to phrase it, amazes me how the one who did less is that one that gets punished. I suppose that's the justice system.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

lanza218
Site Admin
Posts: 4620
Joined: March 15th, 2008, 9:25 pm

Re: Bill Cosby meets in 2010 and 2013

Post by lanza218 » April 17th, 2019, 4:10 pm

Cant prove he did less

User avatar
AJLe
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1318
Joined: March 22nd, 2014, 4:52 pm

Re: Bill Cosby meets in 2010 and 2013

Post by AJLe » April 17th, 2019, 4:26 pm

class316 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 2:55 pm
It amazes me how MJ won and Jared lost. Not saying the latter is innocent or a good guy, but Jared never touched a child. Something that cannot be said for certainty for MJ.
The two counts Jared plead to were:

"one of distribution and receipt of child pornography and one of traveling to engage in illicit sexual conduct with a minor"

So although he wasn't convicted of actual molesting a minor, he was convicted of basically attempting to.

So he was not just a "watcher" of underage activities, he was clearly participating in them as well. Much like RF, he was just lucky that they caught him before his attempted acts, and not after one had actually been completed.

User avatar
class316
Marked Out Historian
Posts: 6232
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Re: Bill Cosby meets in 2010 and 2013

Post by class316 » April 17th, 2019, 6:19 pm

AJLe wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 4:26 pm
class316 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 2:55 pm
It amazes me how MJ won and Jared lost. Not saying the latter is innocent or a good guy, but Jared never touched a child. Something that cannot be said for certainty for MJ.
The two counts Jared plead to were:

"one of distribution and receipt of child pornography and one of traveling to engage in illicit sexual conduct with a minor"

So although he wasn't convicted of actual molesting a minor, he was convicted of basically attempting to.

So he was not just a "watcher" of underage activities, he was clearly participating in them as well. Much like RF, he was just lucky that they caught him before his attempted acts, and not after one had actually been completed.
The "minors" in this case of were 16 and 17 year old prostitutes that took his money. All children are minors but not all minors are children. In the case of MJ they were children.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1518
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Bill Cosby meets in 2010 and 2013

Post by ICW » April 17th, 2019, 6:26 pm

What an odd thread
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/


Post Reply