Steel City Con April 2018

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Cozmik
Learning To Mark Out

Steel City Con April 2018

Post by Cozmik » April 14th, 2018, 12:21 pm

With a number of road trips planned for larger cons this year, it's always great to visit Steel City Con in my neck of the woods 3 times a year. Knowing what a zoo the place can get on Saturdays and that many would be coming to meet Alice Cooper, I decided it would be worth taking off work Friday afternoon and enjoy the smaller crowds.

First stop (after finding a flier listing who was coming in August) was the autograph line for Alice Cooper. It wasn't a bad wait and when I was close to the front, Gary Busey drops by to say hello to him. I was a bit shocked at how bad Busey looked and though I repeatedly looked for him at his table for the next few hours I never saw him again. But I digress.
Alice was great with everybody. He looked genuinely happy to be there meeting fans listened and conversed with everyone and still kept the line moving. I had hope but really didn't expect him to be doing table photos so I was happy to get an autograph and later the pro-op.
AliceCooper_autograph_small.jpg
AliceCooper_photo_edit_small.jpg
Next up it was over to grab a table photo with The Walking Dead's Ross Marquand, who was also super-friendly, greeting everyone with a hug and taking some time to converse with everyone.
RossMarquand_small.jpg
I needed a photo with Star Trek: Deep Space Nine's Terry Farrell so it was over to her table next.
TerryFarrell_small.jpg
Then over to Michael Dorn's table to have him sign a "Worf" Funko Pop.
MichaelDornFunkoPop.jpg
MichaelDornFunkoPop.jpg (35.1 KiB) Viewed 1025 times
I then went for the combo from one of my favorite character actors of all time, Bruce Dern. He loved talking to people and sharing his stories. I picked up an 8x10 from "The Hateful 8" to have him sign but at the last moment changed my mind and instead grabbed one from a science-fiction classic where he was almost the only person in the movie "Silent Running". He talked a bit about that movie and said I looked like a bit like the director.
BruceDern_autograph_small.jpg
BruceDern_small.jpg
Finally, it was over to John Wesley Shipp who played Barry Allen/The Flash in the 90's TV series and Henry Allen and then Jay Garrick/Earth 2 Flash in the current CW Flash TV series for a combo. Once again just a pleasure to talk to.
JohnWesleyShipp_autograph_small.jpg
JohnWesleyShipp_small.jpg
It was great meeting all these celebs that were super-friendly and enjoying conversing with fans. It was a nice change from the way you can sometimes feel like cattle being pushed through the lines of some of the bigger shows.

crowbar
Marked Out King

Re: Steel City Con April 2018

Post by crowbar » April 15th, 2018, 5:26 pm

Nice, just saw Dern in Chappaquiddick, definitely a legend

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » April 15th, 2018, 9:15 pm

Nice choices! Dern a favorite of mine.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » April 16th, 2018, 6:13 am

Excellent stuff!

Joresky

Post by Joresky » April 16th, 2018, 11:21 am

Awesome stuff! Did you see Asian Dave there? :asiandave:

Cozmik
Learning To Mark Out

Post by Cozmik » April 17th, 2018, 7:28 am

Joresky wrote:
April 16th, 2018, 11:21 am
Awesome stuff! Did you see Asian Dave there? :asiandave:
No. I kept my eye out for him but maybe he didn't go on Friday.