Best Celebrity Meet of the Year Nominations

Sound off on the year end awards and nominate the year's best!
WOODMO
Site Admin

Best Celebrity Meet of the Year Nominations

Post by WOODMO » December 16th, 2017, 8:16 pm

• Best Celebrity Meet of the Year
    The members of Marked Out meet some incredible celebrities each and every year. Often multiple people participate in the same meets. What was the best celebrity meet, the one nobody should have skipped?
I am going to throw out Tom Hanks & Emma Watson from my list for this nomination discussion.

From others, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Meryl Streep, Sean Penn.

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Re: Best Celebrity Meet of the Year Nominations

Post by yosemitechris » December 17th, 2017, 7:15 pm

karl urban star trek sf
A664D49C-59CF-4D9B-AAAE-A103CD788FCF.jpeg

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Post by yosemitechris » December 17th, 2017, 7:18 pm

steve o merced ca 2017
B04654D3-0290-426F-9A9B-41435421E0A0.jpeg

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » December 18th, 2017, 8:44 pm

Scar Jo

Tom cruise? Didn't someone get him during the Mummy fiasco?
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » December 28th, 2017, 12:37 pm

If the meet is about the "experience", then I would have to include Francis Ford Coppola, as the man himself brought us into his hotel and sat down to talk with us for a few minutes!
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18639&p=251373&hili ... la#p251373

Also, I would include Pesci because he was so cool to us, whereas from what I heard he was generally not accommodating to others.

Also, I would include Meryl Streep because it was amazing meeting my favorite actress (and and arguably the greatest), and another person on the board scored her as well (she is a very difficult photo to get).

Then of course, Sean Penn...my holy grail!

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 29th, 2017, 9:50 am

I think you guys misinterpret this category a bit. To me, it's gotta either be something extra, extra special, such as the private Francis F Coppola meet, or an event with a big name that you really are kicking yourself for not attending, or perhaps carried an incredible story with it.

That being said, Orton/Coppola def qualifies along with Tom Hanks book signing. I would also consider....

*Revenge of the Nerds reunion at RICC (had so many of them and they were so cool).
*Wesley Snipes book signing (big name, usually toughish, did extras and all).
*Gwen Stefani M&G (super easy, no brainer).
*The Undertaker at ACE (many of us got this one, which was a LONG time coming). Con/setup was atrocious though.
*Crispin Glover (HELLO, how can you leave this madness out???) Painful, painful, insane, many of us went.
*Val Kilmer (HELLO AGAIN, how do you forget about this wackiness?!?!) Will he show, won't he? Just surreal, and many of us went.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 29th, 2017, 10:13 am

Greg2600 wrote:
December 29th, 2017, 9:50 am
I think you guys misinterpret this category a bit. To me, it's gotta either be something extra, extra special, such as the private Francis F Coppola meet, or an event with a big name that you really are kicking yourself for not attending, or perhaps carried an incredible story with it.

That being said, Orton/Coppola def qualifies along with Tom Hanks book signing. I would also consider....

*Revenge of the Nerds reunion at RICC (had so many of them and they were so cool).
*Wesley Snipes book signing (big name, usually toughish, did extras and all).
*Gwen Stefani M&G (super easy, no brainer).
*The Undertaker at ACE (many of us got this one, which was a LONG time coming). Con/setup was atrocious though.
*Crispin Glover (HELLO, how can you leave this madness out???) Painful, painful, insane, many of us went.
*Val Kilmer (HELLO AGAIN, how do you forget about this wackiness?!?!) Will he show, won't he? Just surreal, and many of us went.
He's right, and I am among the guilty. The meet of the year as we used to do it, was basically just a pissing contest which was identical to the photos of the year categories. This should be more about the experience, opportunity, etc.

In that spirit, I'll nominate Shia's protest. He was in NYC for about 5 days, live on a webcam with a publicly known location, yet most of the city didn't show up to get him. If you did though, he took the time to talk to you and it was an actual experience.