Jake Roberts debuts in AEW and teases a "client" coming for Cody

ICW
Marked Out Master

Jake Roberts debuts in AEW and teases a "client" coming for Cody

Post by ICW » March 5th, 2020, 12:57 pm

It was one hell of a promo, too. Jake "the Snake" is teasing that a client is coming for Cody. Obvious candidates are Lance Archer or Brodie Lee.

Meanwhile, Dave Meltzer got something mixed up in his WOR show earlier today re: Matt Hardy and his upcoming appearance for Big Event. It sounds like a possible reason Matt did not debut last night was that he would've been pulled from the Big Event this Saturday (apparently AEW has a rule that talent cannot do these conventions!). We'll see...
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro

Re: Jake Roberts debuts in AEW and teases a "client" coming for Cody

Post by Jason1980s » March 6th, 2020, 11:39 am

I don't watch wrestling on tv anymore but will say it's great to know Jake is able to work with a bigger promotion and hopefully on a regular basis. I've followed his life over the last few years and am so happy that he's been able to beat his addictions. Based on what I see from fan reports at shows, I think he's a much happier man now too.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » March 6th, 2020, 12:18 pm

I ultimate wish Jake well, but I do worry if being on the road from time to time, and making some money again, may revive some old demons. Hope it works out well for him.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » March 6th, 2020, 6:07 pm

AJLe wrote:
March 6th, 2020, 12:18 pm
I ultimate wish Jake well, but I do worry if being on the road from time to time, and making some money again, may revive some old demons. Hope it works out well for him.
I agree, but the one thing he has going for him is the business is so different, you don't see any of the boys doing things like they used to in the 80s. It's a much healthier time, the majority of the drug use is performance enhancing.