Harley Race hospitalized

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Harley Race hospitalized

Post by AJLe » July 17th, 2019, 9:22 am

Harley Race apparently had a medical scare on Thursday while travelling to attend Fanboy Expo in Knoxville. He didn't make it to the event, and is still in a hospital. WLW Wrestling released a statement updating the situation:
An update that have been wanting to know about in regards to the boss's situation over the weekend.

This past weekend, he was scheduled to attend the Knoxville Fanboy Expo. While traveling to Knoxville, he exhibited some signs that needed to be addressed by medical personnel. He has been in the hospital since Thursday evening and that's where he currently is.

Due to privacy concerns, no specific information will be given out about his current health status or anything of the sort.

All that can and will be said is that Harley Race was, is, and will always be a fighter. He doesn't know anything else and he hasn't thrown in the towel and he has promised that as long as it is up to him, that won't be an option. His health is obviously top priority and with that being said, all of his upcoming appearances will be immediately cancelled. All promoters have been notified about the situation and we here are currently trying to come up with a solution to rectify the situation the best way possible.

Unfortunately, since this situation has taken place while traveling to a signing, he is currently in a hospital that is pretty far away from home that has his family there with him.

So, in an effort to help out with the un-expected expenses, we are selling t-shirts of which profits will be given directly to the situation.

The link to purchase the t-shirts is below. We appreciate the support whether or not you purchase a t-shirt. This is just a little extra help when it is needed. The price of the shirt that has an exclusive design for both front and back prints are $24.99 (plus S&H). All shirts are going to start to be shipped on August 9, 2019.

Regardless, please continue to support Harley Race, The Harley Race Wrestling Academy, and World League Wrestling.

All events and camps are going to take place as scheduled and we look forward to keeping it that way because that is what Harley Race would do.

We look forward to getting him back home and continuing to have the Greatest Wrestler on God's Green Earth.

To order, visit http://www.harleyrace.com/hrfundraiser.html

Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro

Re: Harley Race hospitalized

Post by Jason1980s » July 17th, 2019, 9:56 am

That is really sad especially since he's in an out of home state hospital. Harley has given so much to wrestling and to the wrestling fans that he should feel content to live a full retirement life. I imagine he does the shows not because of a need for money (like some may do) but because he does love the wrestling business so much and his fan base. He has nothing to feel bad about if he just can't go on publicly anymore, he has given us more than enough.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Post by yosemitechris » July 17th, 2019, 10:28 pm

hope he gets better soon, but age is getting to him and it might be time to retire from the road and just relax! glad i was able to meet him a few years back at big event.

7737F304-477E-42A3-915E-113C6EF42DEA.jpeg

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Post by yosemitechris » July 24th, 2019, 3:13 am

anyone hear any updates on harley? saw a couple of news articles but no really update

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » July 24th, 2019, 8:42 am

Saw this on Twitter yesterday, which doesn't give details, but definitely sounds positive:

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » August 1st, 2019, 3:12 pm

Harley Race has reportedly passed away
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Post by yosemitechris » August 1st, 2019, 3:16 pm

multi reports of his death on the internet, R.I.P king harley race
5CE1F01B-51CA-430A-9FC9-4156183B5072.jpeg
Last edited by yosemitechris on August 3rd, 2019, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » August 2nd, 2019, 11:03 am

Only ever met him once - even at his age, he still came off as a guy you wouldn't mess with. RIP to the King.
Harley Race.JPG

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » August 2nd, 2019, 12:48 pm

RIP 1943 - 2019

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Post by yosemitechris » August 3rd, 2019, 3:43 pm

3FFF450B-C8E4-4EB0-A895-C05E6014A40C.jpeg