Multiple Talent accused of sexual harassment

lanza218
Site Admin

Multiple Talent accused of sexual harassment

Post by lanza218 » June 21st, 2020, 10:38 am

----Major League Wrestling has announced on Twitter that they have released ring announcer Mark Haggerty. It was recently revealed that Haggerty had sent inappropriate texts to a 15-year old child, which included some explicit sexual chatter and soliciting for pics.

---Joey Ryan has taken to twitter to address the accusations against him for sexual misconduct.

Ryan’s accuser, Corinne Mink, says that they were once traveling together. While on the road, Ryan allegedly groped her without consent. Mink informed the company that Ryan was working for and they said they’d never work with him again. That only lasted a little over a year before they began booking him, again.

----In addition to many other women speaking out about sexual and physical misconduct in wrestling, Kelly Klein tweeted that someday she’d like to tell the story of the time she was raped. Klein says that she was raped when she was 18 years old. She says the man who did it is a well known wrestler in the business.

Klein added that the person in question is not Jon Moxley. She commented that she’s trying to figure out how to go forward and is attempting to put together some proof before putting a name out there.

---A woman named, Rebecca Crow, who bills herself on Twitter as an international stage performer and adult content creator, has accused AEW star Jimmy Havoc of physical and mental abuse why they dated for several years.

---A woman named Hannah Francesca has accused WWE NXT UK Superstar Jordan Devlin of abuse.

Francesca had mention “my abuser” in an earlier tweet and then made references in a few now-deleted tweets.

“This is absolutely right. The boys club mentality makes it even harder for victims to speak out. I approached a promotion about being abused by someone on their card and was told ‘One of my boys wouldn’t do that’ I didn’t talk about what happened to me for a long time after,” Francesca wrote in a now-deleted tweet. She said in another now-deleted post, “I absolutely understand your intent here. But I’m not going to be sued by a man with a lot of power and WWE money. It’s a lot more complicated than just naming and shaming”

----Kongo Kong, most recently known for his time in Impact Wrestling, was accused of assault by wrestler Kyle Boone.

Boone says that Kong took a rib way too far. Kongo was angry at Boone for under-selling a chokeslam. After the match, Kong confronted him backstage. He told him that he needed to “show me your dick, or give me the money you made off of your merch.” Boone reluctantly did both after Kong said the former wasn’t good enough. Boone recalled having to get down on his knees and beg for Kong to give him his merchandise money back.

Kong responded and admitted that all this did happen. He explains that the rib was meant as a joke the entire time and it was a product of how the industry was back then. He was under the impression they had gotten over the situation together and moved on. He wasn’t aware of the long term scarring he had caused and sent out a sincere public apology.

----Adding to the list of women speaking out, Candy Cartwright claims Matt Riddle was abusive towards her.

Riddle now joins a long list of men accused of doing awful things to women in an industry that has condoned this type of behavior for far too long.

She retells a time when they were traveling together with other talent. He got very physical with her by grabbing her neck and insisting on sex. She says that she didn’t realize at the time how wrong the situation was, but after time to reflect, she sees how harmful it was. She wrote in a series of tweets:

----Gentleman Jack Gallagher is getting added to the list of men outted over Twitter.

Due to a movement of women wrestlers and talents from the industry coming forward, several men have been outted for how they’ve treated women in the past. The movement was started by several women aiming at David Starr but has expanded since then. One of the women who helped out Starr was his ex girlfriend, Victoria. She’s now exposing Gallagher.

A woman told her story of how Gallagher made some very uncomfortable advances on her that included alcohol and inappropriate touching. The accusation was then co-signed by Victoria, who added that Gallagher once raped her friend and she’s been waiting for the right time to come forward.

----Several wrestlers have accused Jim Cornette and his wife, Stacy, of sexual misconduct in the past. Several stories circulated about them bribing people with potential pushes and TV time in return for sexual favors.

Another wrestler has spoken up. This wrestler claims that Cornette and his wife would use their power and authority to feed their fetishes. He mentions that Stacy allegedly approached him through DM, provided him with inappropriate photos, and was told he wouldn’t get a push in the company from Jim unless he did sexual favors for her. He does include screen shots of their conversation on Twitter that include the inappropriate photos. He adds that this was common behavior back then.

He says that after he turned down her advances and left the company, Stacy would harass him over social media and have other wrestlers physically assault him.
Report Ad

He claims that Stacy would brag about knowing someone on the Kentucky commission to hold power over people who turned her down.

Previous OVW talent have tweeted about this, including Kenny Bolin, who confirm that everything he’s saying is true. Bolin and Cornette worked together for years and are former friends.

--PROGRESS Wrestling issued the following press release announcing that NXT UK stars Jordan Devlin and Travis Banks have been suspended indefinitely due to the recent sexual abuse allegations, which are being investigated by WWE. Devlin has been stripped of his PROGRESS tag team title. They also revealed that David Starr and Marc Parry will no longer be working for the promotion. Full details can be found below.

---The National Wrestling Alliance issued the following press release announcing that David Lagana has resigned as the promotion’s Vice President due to recent sexual assault allegations made by indie wrestler Liz Savage. Production of all NWA content will be halted until their executive management positions are refilled.

---WWE NXT UK Superstar Ligero (Simon Musk) has addressed allegations of sexual harassment made against him by a UK indie wrestler named Natalie Sykes.

As noted on Thursday, Sykes took to Twitter and issued a lengthy statement on how Ligero treated her when they were friends. She started training under the masked wrestler when she was 17. You can click here for full details on her allegations.\

and plenty more too coming out, but if you ever had a question if wrestling business was shady and dirty before....here ya go

mrira
Marked Out Master

Re: Multiple Talent accused of sexual harassment

Post by mrira » June 21st, 2020, 11:59 am

I can’t imagine how things were for the women back before social media, I’m sure plenty of them were sexually abused. I have a feeling NXT UK is probably done for anyway & they'll probably just send the people they want to keep to the US.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » June 21st, 2020, 4:50 pm

The "major league" companies like WWE, NJPW, AEW, etc. are at least forced to at least address issues like this, due to their high profile and corporate liability with regards to lawsuits. But I can't even imagine what young women have to go through in the shadier indy wrestling companies. It's a business that attracts carnies and scumbags in the first place, but in a "company" that consists mostly of just a promoter that has enough money to rent a ring and a small gym, and non-contracted workers who come and go by the show, I imagine the sleaze factor is off the charts.

hack87
Full Fledged Mark

Post by hack87 » June 21st, 2020, 11:14 pm

Vince McMahon himself was accused of raping a female referee who worked for the WWF in the 80s. And of course most of our favorite wrestlers have taken bookings from Rob........ including his huge defender, Road Warrior Animal.....

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » June 22nd, 2020, 4:42 pm

Fuck all these pigs, I hope they get canceled just like they deserve.

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » June 22nd, 2020, 6:59 pm

Jimmy Havok is in rehab for drug addiction & will have consequences once he gets back. Sammy Guevara has been suspended indefinitely from AEW for saying he wanted to "rape" Sasha Banks, but they have talked & straightened things out.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » June 23rd, 2020, 12:36 am

Joey Ryan and Jake Crist gone from Impact Elgin suspended.

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » June 24th, 2020, 7:48 pm

Chikara has been shut down & Terri Runnels has accused Brock Lesnar of flashing her little Brock back when her first started.

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » June 26th, 2020, 2:24 pm

Michael Elgin was fired from Impact. Ligero & Travis Banks were fired from NXT UK.