Chris Jericho reports AEW world title belt stolen

lanza218
Site Admin

Chris Jericho reports AEW world title belt stolen

Post by lanza218 » September 4th, 2019, 9:48 am

Work or shoot? I'll go with work

A championship title belt being stolen is always good fodder for a pro wrestling storyline. Unfortunately for newly-crowned AEW world champion Chris Jericho, though, he's experiencing the classic angle in real life. PW Insider has confirmed reports with police that Jericho recently reported the All Elite Wrestling title belt missing as he was dining at a Longhorn Steakhouse in Tallahassee, Florida.

The police report reads as follows:

"The victim reported the theft of his championship wrestling belt while he was eating inside Longhorn Steakhouse," the report says. "The victim stated he arrived at the Millionaire Club Airport Terminal and placed the belt inside his rented limousine. The limo driver shuttled the victim to Longhorn for dinner. The victim remained at Longhorn while the limo driver returned to the airport. The victim had taken the wrong luggage from the airport and the driver took it back to the terminal. When the driver picked up the victim from the restaurant, the belt was missing. Responding officers searched the limo and airport for the belt without success. On-call CID was consulted, and forensics responded to the scene."

ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: Chris Jericho reports AEW world title belt stolen

Post by ICW » September 4th, 2019, 10:08 am

Police report leads me to believe that's it real but they're going to turn this into a shoot. Check this out:

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1 ... 1451413504

Love it.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » September 4th, 2019, 10:22 am

Confirmed by WTXL, ABC's local affiliate.
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — The Tallahassee Police Department says they've found current All Elite Wrestling World Champion and former WWE Champion Chris Jericho's missing championship belt.

They told Jericho to celebrate the find with "a little bit of bubbly." Responsibly of course.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » September 4th, 2019, 10:24 am

The Case of the Missing @IAmJericho Championship Belt takes another turn. The Tallahassee Police Department announces on Facebook it found the belt but hastily deletes the post. @TallyPD now says it can't confirm the belt was found and calls the case "open and active" ...

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » September 4th, 2019, 10:32 am

If there's a legit police report, I would doubt it's a work, since filing a false police report is a crime, and I don't know if you'd want to risk real life legal trouble for what would be a silly angle. Doesn't mean they won't turn it into a work down the road for storyline purposes, but I can't see Jericho being dumb enough to knowingly file a false police report.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » September 4th, 2019, 11:16 am

As noted, AEW World Champion Chris Jericho allegedly had his title belt stolen on Sunday while eating dinner at a Longhorn Steakhouse in Tallahassee, Florida, just hours after winning the title by defeating Adam Page in the main event of AEW All Out. You can read our original report on what happened by clicking here. You can read Jericho’s video promo on the theft by clicking here.

The story took a strange turn today after the Tallahassee Police Department announced on Facebook that the title belt had been found. They then deleted that post and now are saying that the investigation remains “open and active.”

Officer Damon Miller, a spokesman for the Tallahassee Police Department, sounded surprised when a reporter for Tallahassee.com asked about the Facebook post.

“Still an open and active investigation,” Miller said. “The case has not been closed yet.”

Kristin Colville, a spokeswoman for Longhorn, said she didn’t have details on the alleged theft.

“I know TPD is investigating,” Colville said to Tallahassee.com.

The original post that was deleted featured a TPD officer holding the title. The caption said, “Chris Jericho we have something that belongs to you. Celebrate with #ALittleBitOfTheBubbly. (responsibly of course)! More information to follow. #foundit #championshipbelt”

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » September 4th, 2019, 3:57 pm

As AJLe said it's illegal to file a false police report so I would hope it's real. However I would think a stolen championship belt wouldn't be high on the police's priority list.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » September 4th, 2019, 7:39 pm

Yeah I doubt he filed a false report. But assuming it’s really been filed, the limousine part seems off. What celebrity uses a limo? Especially a professional wrestler

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » September 4th, 2019, 9:22 pm

A lot of the story does seem "odd" (the police posting and quickly deleting the shot of the belt being found, for one), but all this stolen belt story has done has caused a ton of people on social media to make jokes mocking Jericho and AEW over this, so I don't see what the upside would be to have worked this from the start.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » September 4th, 2019, 9:56 pm

Well, Jericho posted a new video with the belt, and silence from the police. odd stuff

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » September 4th, 2019, 10:45 pm

I think it's still an "active investigation" since they have to figure out who stole it

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » September 5th, 2019, 12:06 am

You would think so but police mum

Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro

Post by Jason1980s » September 7th, 2019, 6:23 pm

As a long term fan (1990s-like 2011) of Chris Jericho I am so sickened by the person he has become over the last few years with his internet trolling, attitude towards fans as a heel trying to blur the lines between real and kayfabe and his 50 year old self acting like a teenager. The crazy thing is, as a 20-30 year old he was mature beyond his years. I met him 3 times from the mid 1990s to 2011 and he was very level headed. But at some point, he changed for the worse. He was a trailblazer in WWE with his two debuts but his last one, standing in the ring trolling, showed he had lost a step. He was a trailblazer and yet he doesn't try to revert back to the person/character he was, he has changed to a point that I am frightened for him becoming a "Benoit" because he doesn't know any better anymore. His moral compass is completely gone.

I believe this loss of the belt was most likely a work of some sorts and if not will most likely result in a work. He was once one of the most talented wrestlers in the world and yet now his talent is working the internet. As a fan, it is just very sad. He is not the same person I met 3 times.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart