Eric Bischoff 83 Weeks Live Show (21.06.2019)

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Luke
Marked Out King

Eric Bischoff 83 Weeks Live Show (21.06.2019)

Post by Luke » July 7th, 2019, 4:05 am

I don't really go to many meet and greets anymore due to life getting in the way and all that good adult stuff but when I heard Eric Bischoff was appearing somewhat locally to me I just had to go. Eric is probably one of my favourite behind the scenes guys in the history of wrestling and I feel he's incredibly underrated by many people within wrestling. Eric doesn't often make his way out here having only appeared twice since leaving WWE (Once in 09 and once in 2019)

Eric was appearing at a local theatre as part of his 83 Weeks live podcast talk. Me and a friend/fellow Bischoff fan met after work and headed over to the small 300 seat theatre about two hours early and grabbed some food before heading over. One group of fans waited over 2 hours at the door in the freezing cold to get into the theatre which struck me as odd because it was reserved seating and they were literally waiting in a line to get into another line but hey, you do you.

This was my first wrestling related live event since 2011 and I immediately was reminded why as I saw many cringe worthy wrestling fans in attendance. Lack of personal hygiene, "look at me" smarky wrestling shirts (Mainly Japanese stuff or wrestling memes) and generally a group of people who didn't quite know how to behave in a theatre. I went in and found my seat where I was greeted by another guy who immediately dismissed me when he found out I only became a wrestling fan in 2003. If he had taken the time to talk to me a little bit he would know that I have gone back and absorbed as much WCW stuff as possible but meh.

Eric's MC came out and the less nerdy of the crowd started to get into him a little bit. Lots of Aussie humour and the MC got booed massively simply for existing which was pretty funny. Eric eventually came out and he went with the crowd and was greatly entertaining in his intro before introducing some journalist who clearly wasn't a wrestling fan. Eric promised him as the "Australian Conrad Thompson" but he pretty much read pre written questions and was too afraid to get stuck into Eric which is what Eric actually wanted him to do (Just like he and Conrad do on the podcast)

After the questions we had about an hour long question and answer session with the audience. At this point the audience was fully on display and whilst we got some good questions we also got some cringe questions from fans trying to get themselves over. Legit questions were who did Eric think had the best boobs in WCW, is Missy Hyatt underrated in the history of wrestling, who was a better kisser out of Linda and Stephanie McMahon etc. Eric tried to at least work with it but this was meant to be a somewhat serious event without the cringe and we got plenty of it.

The signing is probably what you guys are most interested in. It was held after the show which I wasn't really sure I liked. The show started late and therefore ended late (About 10:30 PM). You then had 75-100 people who had paid $110.00 for the VIP package which resulted in another 30-35 minute wait. Got out of the theatre at around 11:10 PM. Eric was really cool to meet and gave time to everyone which you have to give him kudos for especially that late at night. I had Eric sign his book which I've had for a long long time.

Luke
Marked Out King

Re: Eric Bischoff 83 Weeks Live Show (21.06.2019)

Post by Luke » July 9th, 2019, 9:14 pm

class316 wrote:
July 7th, 2019, 4:17 am
Oh wow! Not only a rare Luke post, but even rarer that the said post is a report! Holy!

I'm curious, what was his reply to the Linda/Stephanie kissing question?
He said Linda was better haha

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » July 10th, 2019, 12:19 am

Awesome stuff

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » July 10th, 2019, 12:30 pm

Nice stuff!
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/