Chiller Theater, Alec Baldwin, 80s Wrestling Con, and more!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
class316
Marked Out God

Chiller Theater, Alec Baldwin, 80s Wrestling Con, and more!

Post by class316 » June 17th, 2019, 3:24 am

I arrive at Chiller Friday afternoon. I would split a few photo ops with Greg. And I would get among other things TV Moms from 3 TV shows I loved. ALF, Out of this World, and Erie Indiana. I would also get my two top wants out of the way, namely Cheryl Ladd of Charlie's Angels fame and Jason Priestly of 90210 fame (spoiler alert, this would end up being a waste of money as I got him for free a month later). Also knocked out most of the Saturday Night Fever cast, among other things.

Full list of Friday Chiller photos: https://i.ibb.co/D8xzxLY/chillerfri.jpg

Cheryl Ladd

Jason Priestley

Anne Schedeen

Donna Pescow

Rather than hang around the lobby post Chiller like I normally do, this time I left to NYC for a rather ambitious goal. To score a photo op with one the biggest asshole actors, Alec Baldwin. I heard he did ops at a spot earlier while I was at Chiller (which was heart crushing).

I take my chances at a spot where he wasn't even sure to show up. And sure enough he did! I was the only person who asked him for the op and got it. Though on the way out heelorton and friend also got it. This spot was also rather productive as I got a first time shot with actress Scottie Thompson from Skyline and actors Dean Winters and Luke Kleintank. And I got an update with Thomas Jane and an upgrade with Anne Heche. Almost didn't get Luke because towards the end I didn't even know if Luke was still inside but I opted to wait it out and thankfully I saw him.

Full list of post Chiller Friday photos: https://i.ibb.co/9vv2yyr/chillerfri2.jpg

Alec Baldwin

Scottie Thompson

Drive to iplay American in NJ and sleep in the parking lot. My plan for Saturday is 80s Wrestling Con, then Chiller, and back to NYC. I wake up and go to the con. Purchase admission and as I find out inside, what was literally my only want, namely Slick Johnson, has cancelled. I complain to the promoter to get a refund for my admission as I needed nothing else beyond a Slick photo op. He asks if there's anything else I could possibly want. I think about it and I asked if he could get me a photo op with two of the original GLOW girls (who were vendor guests). He graciously took me to the vendor table and asked the vendor to hook me up. I figured this way my coming here wouldn't be a total waste of time.

Lightning

The Royal Hawaiian

Next up, back to Chiller and meet up with Greg for a split. Get Liane Curtis of Sixteen Candles and George Wyner of Spaceballs. Next, go to the Amerindian of the Village people who gave out a free autograph if you bought something. Went to Chris Kirkpatrick of Nsynch where Bill Pailey gave me a full combo for the photo op price. Would then get names from American Graffiti, Happy Days, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, among others. Ended Chiller by negotiating a cheaper price for the little boy from Young Indiana Jones.

Full list of Saturday Chiller photos: https://i.ibb.co/BqG0RX8/chillersat.jpg

Chiller autographs

Now it was back to NYC for more film festivities! My first spot is for actor Christopher Guest. Jamie Lee Curtis stopped but I have a good shot already so I didn't ask. Despite my best efforts I sadly could not get Guest. I got repeats ops in Alysia Reiner and Michael McKean. On to the next spot where my primary goal is Amber Heard. Through the skin of my teeth I succeed in getting a combo with her despite the chaos. I also score a first time shot with young actor Charlie Plummer. Go back to try for Guest but fail again on him.

The final spot for the evening is another attempt at Amber Heard to try for autos but never saw her. Got some other names though, such as first time shots with actors Jacob Latimore and Kelvin Harrison Jr. And I finally got a great shot with Elijah Wood without having to pay for it. My first shot he has shades. My second shot has a horrid photo bomb. Also saw Dua Lipa but she blanked. Though I have her.

Full list of post Chiller Saturday photos: https://i.ibb.co/NTXDSSg/chillersat2.jpg

Amber Heard

Charlie Plummer

Elijah Wood

Amber Heard signed magazine
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

lanza218
Site Admin

Re: Chiller Theater, Alec Baldwin, 80s Wrestling Con, and more!

Post by lanza218 » July 24th, 2019, 11:03 pm

Just realized this. Thanks for sharing your address with us Class!!!!! Right on the magazine

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » July 25th, 2019, 8:25 am

lanza218 wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 11:03 pm
Just realized this. Thanks for sharing your address with us Class!!!!! Right on the magazine
Wow, this report was viewed over 800 times in the month before Class could take that pic down. So many people could have seen and saved that pic during that time!

:EEEEEEK: :chores:

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » July 25th, 2019, 8:45 am

Many did and have shown me. That's how I found it

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » July 25th, 2019, 8:49 am

lanza218 wrote:
July 25th, 2019, 8:45 am
Fortunately, Class never went out of his way to make any enemies in this hobby, so it shouldn't be a problem for him.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » July 25th, 2019, 11:06 am

Whoopsie
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

crossfire
Full Fledged Mark

Post by crossfire » July 25th, 2019, 6:58 pm

AJLe wrote:
July 25th, 2019, 8:49 am
lanza218 wrote:
July 25th, 2019, 8:45 am
Fortunately, Class never went out of his way to make any enemies in this hobby, so it shouldn't be a problem for him.
What....do you think someone is gonna send him a pipe bomb or something? :facepalm2:

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » July 25th, 2019, 7:03 pm

He's the paranoid one, thinks people are out to get him.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » July 26th, 2019, 8:32 am

crossfire wrote:
July 25th, 2019, 6:58 pm
What....do you think someone is gonna send him a pipe bomb or something? :facepalm2:
I would certainly hope not, but hypothetically speaking, if I was a disturbed individual that had personally mailed swastikas and fake anthrax to other posters on a message board, I probably wouldn't want to publicly broadcast my own home address on that very same board.

But that's just a hypothetical though - since Class has obviously never done anything that psychotic to anybody in the hobby to create enemies like that, he certainly doesn't have to lose any sleep worrying about somebody taking note of his home address and doing anything with it. And since his address was only posted for around 30 days, I'm sure there's not THAT many people who even viewed the picture in the first place.

You're right - it's a non-issue. Probably.