JOresky's Pre NYCC Celebrity Meets 2018

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Joresky

JOresky's Pre NYCC Celebrity Meets 2018

Post by Joresky » October 12th, 2018, 2:21 pm

I arrived in New York City on Tuesday (two days before New York Comic Con). I was planning on attending the Tiffani Amber Thiessen book signing at Barnes and Noble in Tribeca on Wednesday night and there were several other celebrities I wanted to try as well. The first thing I hit up was a spot where I met actress Claire Foy (The Girl in the Spider's Web, First Man) and director Damien Chazelle (La La Land, First Man)(Thanks Greg for the tip). Me and Greg each got photos with them as they arrived and luckily for us the spot was not too crowded. After this we went to a nearby spot where we met actress Stockard Channing (Grease). I got an updated photo and Greg got a photo with Stockard no problem. I also got photos with actress Megalyn Echikunwoke (Night School) and playwright Alexi Kaye Campbell. Hugh Dancy was also supposed to be at this spot but we never saw him leave (maybe he snuck out). It started raining before we left the venue so we waited a little bit for the rain to ligten up. After this we went to our final spot for the evening to meet the 80s rock band Simple Minds. Unfortunately it was raining when Simple Minds left the venue so I wasn't able to score photo ops with any of them but I did get lead singer Jim Kerr to sign the CD i brought. I did score a cool random photo from Mike Peters, lead singer of The Alarm.

The next day I attended the Tiffani Amber Thiessen (Kelly Kapowski in Saved by the Bell) book signing. Unlike the previous night where she did table ops in NJ and signed the books in person she presigned the books and did standing photos for everyone. I got a great photo with Tiffani (she still looks beautiful). After this I went uptown to meet actor Eric Idle (Monty Python, National Lampoons European Vacation, Casper). He was very cool and took photos and signed despite the crowd of people mobbing him after. After this I hit up one more spot where I got photos with Genevieve O'Reilly (Mon Mothma in Rogue One) and Fionnula Flanagan. Unfortunately I didn't see actors Paddy Considine or Laura Donnelly leave from the door I waited at but I decided I would go back the next night to try for them at the alternate door. Overall, not a bad start to my almost weeklong NYC trip.
phototiffaniamberthiessen.jpg
Me and actress Tiffani Amber Thiessen
photoericidle.jpg
Me and actor Eric Idle
photoclairefoy.jpg
Me and actress Claire Foy
photodamianchazzelle.jpg
Me and director Damian Chazelle
photomegalynechuniwoke.jpg
Me and actress Megalyn Echikunwoke
photogenevieveoreilly.jpg
Me and actress Genevieve O'Reilly
photofionnulaflanagan.jpg
Me and actress Fionnula Flanagan
photostockardchanning.jpg
Me and actress Stockard Channing
photomikepeters.jpg
Me and singer Mike Peters
photoalexikayecampbell.jpg
Me and playwright Alexi Kaye Campbell
autotiffaniamberthiessen.jpg
Tiffani Amber Thiessen signed book
autojimkerr.jpg
Jim Kerr signed CD

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Re: JOresky's Pre NYCC Celebrity Meets 2018

Post by djknightrida » October 12th, 2018, 2:38 pm

I say this with love, but the run on sentence reporting needs to end. I know you took English in HS. Please use it.

Tiffani pic is awesome.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

Joresky

Post by Joresky » October 12th, 2018, 2:47 pm

djknightrida wrote:
October 12th, 2018, 2:38 pm
I say this with love, but the run on sentence reporting needs to end. I know you took English in HS. Please use it.

Tiffani pic is awesome.
:shockawe:

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » October 12th, 2018, 3:03 pm

It makes it near impossible to read man. I’m interested in reading the stories but it’s difficult when you don’t break up your thoughts. Just trying to help.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

Joresky

Post by Joresky » October 12th, 2018, 3:05 pm

djknightrida wrote:
October 12th, 2018, 3:03 pm
It makes it near impossible to read man. I’m interested in reading the stories but it’s difficult when you don’t break up your thoughts. Just trying to help.
My bad.. i actually did really well in school and even have a college degree (but its been years).. i'll try to do better