New York Comic Con 2018

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
zuko3984

New York Comic Con 2018

Post by zuko3984 » October 8th, 2018, 3:38 am

Went to NYCC all four days. Had a great time and got some cool photos and autographs.
Thursday I started off going to get Dean Cain autograph. He was supposed to be signing at 11am. Got in his line about 10:30am and i was about 10 people from the front. Figured i'd be done pretty quick and could move on to other stuff i wanted to get done. Well he ended up being an hour and 10 minutes late. He didn't start signing till 12:10pm. Once he showed up and started signing he was really nice and took a long time with everyone. He took so long that his handler person had to keep coming over and trying to get him to keep the line moving since his line was getting long. I was wearing a shirt from the movie the Warriors and he noticed it and started talking to me about the movie. He was really nice so it kind of made up for him being so late.

ImageLois & Clark Autograph by zuko1312, on Flickr

Next up I went to a singing for J. Scott Campbell. I really like his art work and i have this metal print of one of his pieces that came with a statue that i bought that is based on his art. Got on his line about 15 minutes before he showed up and it wasn't a long line so it went fast. He was really nice.

ImageMe & J. Scott Campbell by zuko1312, on Flickr
ImageLittle Mermaid Metal Print by zuko1312, on Flickr

Next up i went to get Trish Stratus and Lita autographs and photos. Line wasn't really very bad at all. Maybe a 10 minute wait. They were really nice. I had on a shirt with both of them on it and they really got a kick out of it and wanted to know where i got it and were talking to me about it for a while.
They even took of picture of the shirt for themselves. They were super nice. Got my pic and autographs.

ImageMe, Trish Stratus & Lita by zuko1312, on Flickr

ImageMe, Trish Stratus & Lita by zuko1312, on Flickr

ImageTrish Stratus & Lita Autograph by zuko1312, on Flickr

Went outside to check out the Outlander Booth and the E! People's Choice Awards food truck. Outlander Booth was doing a lottery drawing for a cast signing. Waited on the line and drew a ticket from the bag and lost of course. They did give out some ok stuff at the booth at least. While waiting on line Melanie Scrofano from the TV show Wynonna Earp showed up at the E! People's Choice Awards food truck so i got some pics of her. I have met her before so i didn't bother to go get in the line for the truck to meet her.

ImageMelanie Scrofano by zuko1312, on Flickr

Last thing of the day was Bayley and Sasha Banks Photo Ops. I decided not to do autographs from them and just the photo ops. Now i'm sorry I didn't get them to autograph a mini championship belt and add it to my mini championship belt autograph collection. Oh well next time if i see them again i'll do that. They were both really nice and I was still wearing the Lita and Trish shirt because the shirt i wanted to wear for the photo with them didn't arrive in time which i am still annoyed about. But anyway they both commented on the shirt I was wearing which was kind of cool. Got my photo with them and then walked the floor some before calling it a day.

ImageMe & Sasha Banks by zuko1312, on Flickr
ImageBayley & Me by zuko1312, on Flickr

Friday i went right to get Teri Hatcher autograph. Got on her line about 10:45am and it was already getting long. Still not bad but glad i got on it when i did. She arrived pretty much on time and she was also really nice. She signed my pic and i was on my way.
Walked the floor some more then went to get a photo with Alex Kingston from ER and Doctor Who.

ImageMe & Alex Kingston by zuko1312, on Flickr

Right after that i t was time for the Lois and Clark photo op. They both were really nice and liked the shirt i was wearing.
ImageMe Terri Hatcher & Dean Cain by zuko1312, on Flickr
Spent the rest of the day wandering the floor and buying stuff.
Saturday and Sunday were spent in panels all day and that was my con. Good time had.

lanza218
Site Admin

Re: New York Comic Con 2018

Post by lanza218 » October 8th, 2018, 4:57 pm

Nice pics and really great lous and Clark 8x10

Silpheed

Post by Silpheed » October 8th, 2018, 7:22 pm

Well done! You got some great pics!

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » October 9th, 2018, 2:34 pm

Tremendous stuff, man! I'm glad Trish and Lita dug the t-shirt hahaha.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » October 9th, 2018, 10:05 pm

Fantastic stuff!

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » October 9th, 2018, 11:57 pm

Good choices there, a lot easier than the rest of us standing outside all day and night!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com