Heading to the Moon + More in Washington DC

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
adelta13
Marked Out Pro

Heading to the Moon + More in Washington DC

Post by adelta13 » October 5th, 2018, 2:23 am

Tuesday afternoon I was made award of two different events going on in DC on the same day later in the week. Surprisingly, I was off work so that didn't complicate things. The first event would include random names but there was no way to confirm who would be there until the day off; the second event was for the movie "First Man" which stars Ryan Gosling, Claire Foy, Kyle Chandler and a lot of random names. It's also directed by young director Damien Chazelle (La La Land, Whiplash, First Man).

Thursday, October 4th: First up is a flight for actor Shea Whigham (Fargo, Broadwalk Empire, Silver Linings Playbook, etc) but unfortunately he's no where to be found. Next up is a train on Director Damien Chazelle and his wife actress Olivia Hamilton (La La Land, First Man). We arrive to the spot and started our wait. Finally Damien and Olivia come through. I approach Olivia first and she's nice, she signs and take photos. She also introduced us to Josh Singer (Known for writing First Man, Spotlight, The Post), I get a photo with him! While my buddy is getting Olivia and Josh, I approach Damien for autographs, he signs then I get a photo with him!

Next up is the other event that would involve randoms. We walk from the train station to the new spot. At this spot, we don't see anyone at first. Finally, I spot Senator Elizabeth Warren who could possibly run for president in 2020. I try to get a photo with her but there's a mob scene around her. I ask her for a photo and she said to walk with her. Finally she get's near her car and takes a photo with me!

Still at this event, my buddy spots smoking hot actress/model Emily Ratajkowski (We Are Your Friends, Gone Girl, Entourage) and we approach her for photos and she agrees! What's funny is that we saw her earlier in the day at the train station but didn't pay her any mind! I was surfing Instagram and noticed Actress Amber Heard (Never Back Down, Friday Night Lights, Justice League, etc) was in town. I wanted to meet her bad because I really liked her in Never Back Down and Friday Night Lights. We arrived to the 2nd segment of this event; where we spotted her just standing around with two publicists. We approached asking for photos where she happily agrees! I saw actress/comedian Amy Schumer but timing wasn't in our favor. I was able to get a photo with New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand who was very nice!

Next up is a train on Golden Globe Actress Claire Foy (First Man, The Crown, Unsane, etc).. She arrives and starts signing then walks away. I was able to get her to stop and take a photo! She was nice but she wasn't over the top nice.

We went to another spot that involved the movie event names. While at this spot, I spot Legendary Actor/Comedian Dave Chappelle (The Chappelle Show, Half Baked, Con Air, etc) arriving in an SUV. We ask him and he puts his hands up as in one minute. He goes inside the spot but he doesn't come back out. Later on, Dave comes back and walks right over to us! Signs then I ask for an photo with him. He says "Nah". I said "Dave it will only take 2 seconds!" He says "Alright I got 2 seconds!". Dave's a great guy!

Next up is Shea Whigham, and he comes over signs 1 each then takes photos with each of us! We see Actor Pablo Schreiber (William Lewis in Law & Order SVU, Orange is the New Black, The Wire) but he ignores. I was upset because I loved his role as William Lewis on Law & Order SVU. I then get a photo with Actor Lukas Haas (First Man, Alpha Dog, Touch, etc). He happily comes over and takes care of it! While waiting, we found out Ryan Gosling was going to come out of an secondary exit. We go to this area but Ryan just blows on by in his car. We arrive to the spot behind him but he doesn't stop for us. He stopped for 2 different group of girls.

Waiting at this spot for exits but we don't see anything. It becomes known that Ryan Gosling and Claire Foy was going to garage out of this event but that wasn't a shocker. At this point, I wanted Kyle Chandler, Pablo, and Brian D'Arcy James. Next up is Pablo, he exits I told him how much I enjoyed him on Law & Order, he thanks me. I asked him if Kyle made the event, he said he didn't due to a family emergency which sucks. Never saw Brian! Next up is actor Patrick Fugit (Almost Famous, We Bought A Zoo, Thanks For Sharing, Gone Girl, etc) who comes out overly nice, he signs and takes photos! Get a photo with Neil Armstrong Son Eric Armstrong just because I was there and he was standing in front. He was nice. Lastly actor Cory Michael Smith (Gotham, First Man, etc) comes out, signs 1 each. I get an updated photo with him. Overall it was a long day, but I am happy with my results. I would of loved to get Ryan Gosling and Kyle Chandler but life will go on!

Image Olivia Hamilton

Image Josh Singer

Image Damien Chazelle

Image Senator Elizabeth Warren

Image Emily Ratajkowski

Image Amber Heard

Image Senator Kirsten Gillibrand

Image Claire Foy

Image Dave Chappelle

Image Shea Whigham

Image Lukas Haas

Image Pablo Schreiber

Image Patrick Fugnit

Image Eric Armstrong

Image Cory Michael Smith

crowbar
Marked Out King

Re: Heading to the Moon + More in Washington DC

Post by crowbar » October 5th, 2018, 9:37 am

Nice names although you seem to position yourself in an awkward angle. You get such great names but the photo is 75% you.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » October 5th, 2018, 11:31 pm

Crushing it

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » October 7th, 2018, 4:47 pm

That's quite a hall! Good stuff.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/