Big Summer of 69, Greed, Speed, Dodgeball, and Green!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Big Summer of 69, Greed, Speed, Dodgeball, and Green!

Post by Greg2600 » July 4th, 2018, 2:18 pm

Well this week certainly was a banner one for the Gregster. I’ll go with my biggest bang first! I saw that Michael Douglas would be doing a smidgen of promotion for Ant-Man, but wasn’t enthralled with the venues, as sure enough, he did no pics there. My favorite (now retired) NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt, Jr., was back in town to promote his new gig with NBC Sports, so I had to go for him again! I wanted a photo of his 2nd Daytona win signed but a better photo, as my first one was blurred on my face. As I’m approaching, I see all these dealers there, which made no sense, he’s not that popular to them. I shortly found out that Michael Douglas was en route to this spot as well. Wow, talk about good fortitude. Jr. arrived but ran in with a camera crew in tow, promising way out. Before long, Michael arrived, and the dealers and I got in line. He did one each, took a photo, and got to me. I asked for the photo and he stopped but before the flash/shutter went off he started moving forward. Oh No!!!!!! Luckily, the photo came out perfectly though. Woooosh. Dale Jr. exited and did for all, and I shared a story of how I sometimes got to race against him years ago online in a NASCAR PC game. He had a good laugh at that. One funny thing was as we're getting Dale combos, Michael's long-time driver jumped in for a selfie too!

:boom: :boom: :boom:

Continuing, I knew of a night event with long time want Ellen Barkin, the sultry star of 1980’s films like Switch, Sea of Love, and Eddie and the Cruisers. Also on hand was Eric Bogosian, the villain in Under Siege 2, and the Captain on the later seasons of Law & Order Criminal Intent. Also there were Edie Falco, Mark Ruffalo and Lee Pace, all of who I had. I did this spot last year with WOODMO, and it was basically just us. Well, I assume Ruffalo’s appearance got the word out, because the zombies were present with mostly invalid Hulk items. Anyway, Class316 made an appearance during a brief NYC jaunt. Edie bolted out, I alerted Class, but she denied, as she usually does. Bogosian emerged, and I got the selfie. Dealers told me he used to be tough, but seemed fine here. Pace exited with Barkin, and both were fairly nice. I heard Lee has been tough, but seemed cool here. Ellen now, I’ve seen a couple times, but she would only sign. This time she did both and I got an 8x10 of Switch signed and the photo. Lastly, Ruffalo left and racked like crazy, so I got an 8x10 signed and a photo sans grand papa glasses.

Bogosian

Barkin

Ruffalo

After that, Class went elsewhere, while I met up with some people at a spot for Bryan Adams, the 1980’s singer of “Summer of ’69.” The other guest here was new pop singer Bebe Rexha, who I had little interest in. Unfortunately, her presence increased the collector count by quite a bit. Apparently she stopped on the way in, but nobody recognized Bryan. Way out, she did for all, so I got a selfie. Bryan, who’s not known to be super nice, signed a few things, then did 3 or 4 photos. I asked, but he said “get somebody to take it.” I was near his car, so nobody was really there, and his assistant said NOOOO. Luckily, one of the others on hand ran up and said “I GOT IT,” and took my photo, which was very cool of him to do.

Adams

Bebe

Next story….excursion was for Big star Elizabeth Perkins as well as John Michael Higgins from the Pitch Perfect and Christopher Guest movies. I got there early, just me, and saw Higgins run inside. Eventually a small crowd formed, and Elizabeth arrived. She was ultra nice to all, and I got the photo. I have to say, watching Big as a 10 year old was quite bizarre. As a kid like that, you’re immediately intimidated by a successful woman like her character. In person, she is just as nice as can be. Well Higgins is another story. He barely signed first, using a pen on my DVD which was useless. I asked for the photo, but he kind of brushed me off a bit. Did a couple phone pics and was taking off. I ran him down and got it, but my friend couldn’t. He asked but John refused and got in the car!

Perkins

Higgins

Now while I was standing there, a spot a familiar face walking towards, and shout his name. It’s Francois Chau aka the voice of Quick Kick on G.I. Joe! In live action he was also Dr. Pierre Chang on LOST, and more recently the villain Jules Mao on The Expanse. He also played a character in the Wing Commander PC games and was the actor (not the voice) of The Shredder in TMNT II: Secret of the Ooze. After this, I was heading home, but heard singer Boz Skaggs on the radio, so I decided to try for him there. Unfortunately, he left by the time I got there. Hung around a few minutes, and someone spotted Omar Epps, so we asked him for photos, and he was very nice.

:random:
Chau

Epps

Last part….Sometimes it’s good to know zeeee Masters. One let me know of a spot for Hugh Grant. However, I got there too late, and he was in already. Master and minions appeared, but Grant didn’t stop on the way out. They followed and he continued to deny. I got something to eat, and met a few of them at a spot I found. I saw that actress Missi Pyle, who has had a decent career, but for me, played Lal in Galaxy Quest and Fran in Dodgeball, was attending. Anywho, we spotted Missi, who was very nice, and was happy to hear of my Dodgeball fandom! I now just need Chris Williams and Jamal Duff to have all the major speaking roles on the movie, one of my favorites.

One of the crew informed me that he’d gotten Ben Foster earlier, and felt I could walk and make the way out, so I went for it. I’ve seen Ben many times, but he’s either in a rush, or looks really teed off, and denied. Heard he’s been far nicer lately, and in deed he was. After this I walked a bit to a spot that Jessica Chastain was headlining. I had her, but I needed a few American Indian actors, Chaske Spencer and Michael Greyeyes. Spencer played Deputy Billy Raven on Banshee, while Greyeyes was on the previous season of Fear the Walking Dead. As I was waiting, the hotel manager from Home Alone 2, Dana Ivey, walked by, and agreed to a selfie. Chaske left and did the photo no problem. Greyeyes look forever, an hour later, and just as I thought he was leaving, his group decided to walk to the restaurant inside and sit at a table. I assumed they would be quite awhile, so I left.

Missi

Ben

Ivey

Spencer
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Joresky

Re: Big Summer of 69, Greed, Speed, Dodgeball, and Green!

Post by Joresky » July 5th, 2018, 12:38 pm

Awesome pics! Great job :clap:

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » July 5th, 2018, 4:01 pm

Awesome Douglas!

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » July 7th, 2018, 9:16 am

Solid list. Will eventually get up there for Eric.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » July 7th, 2018, 3:46 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
July 4th, 2018, 2:18 pm
with mostly invalid Hulk items
I know, right :haeeeh:

Luckily I didn't have to bother with Mark as that beard would have been a downgrade.

Great Douglas better than mine.

Bryan Adams was a madhouse since I have a decent shot I let others have the opportunity.

ugghhhh @ Elizabeth Perkins

Did Grant stop going in?
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » July 7th, 2018, 5:18 pm

Well, the master had the wrong start time for Grant, so I'd assume nobody was there.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com