The Collector Preaches To Expendable Goonies

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

The Collector Preaches To Expendable Goonies

Post by Greg2600 » July 1st, 2018, 12:38 am

Well this week’s theme was the hunt for the B.B. boys, and was it ever! Josh Brolin, a continued major want of mine, and Benecio del Toro, were in town for the Sicario 2 film. Josh starred in The Goonies, Young Riders, No Country for Old Men, American Gangster, Men in Black 3, and Milk. Honestly, Milk was his best role yet, what a creep! del Toro was a henchman in License to Kill, but great in The Usual Suspects, Sin City, Traffic, and like Brolin, some Marvel movies (whoopee). His role in The Last Jedi was pretty dumb. He’s also due to appear in Ben Stiller’s prison break series “Escape at Dannemora” on Showtime. When they were promoting the first film, there was an event in New York, but I missed it. That was the night of the Chevy Chase meet and greet, and by the time that ended, I just wanted to go home. When Brolin was in town for Deadpool, he was nice the first day and a half, but then just got destroyed by the dealers. One moron in particular followed his car all the way up the West Side Highway, jumping out every red light, and pestered for graphs. Thankfully this complete tool was NOT present to my knowledge at all this week.

So we start with some awful heat nearing triple digits, so I came in later in the afternoon. Unfortunately, I missed a shot at Josh, but knew he had to leave again. Despite there being 6-7 dealers waiting, I should have just stuck it out at this location, because turns out he was really nice, and did full combos for a few people, which is what I wanted. I needed my cast piece for The Goonies signed, and the photo. Instead I went to the main event, where Benecio was also attending. Josh arrived, and did 1 each for everyone, and not wanting to screw up my photo chance, I didn’t ask for an autograph. Photo was perfect! Benecio signed, did pics, and then skipped me and my friend entirely! Son of a! On the way out, they both blanked. So I head back to my car, to consider where to try for them later that night. Within minutes, a big downpour blows through, and I’m without an umbrella. Trapped for like half an hour, I make it to the car, and proceed. I meet up with a grapher at a spot for del Toro, and we wait and wait and wait. Never seeing him, we surmise that he probably arrived during the deluge, and we go home empty handed.

Following day I try again for Benecio, this time with another friend there. Annoyingly, despite there being just us two asking for photos, he swiftly signs for two dealers and denies pics. He was running very late, and quite frustrating, because my friend made the right move, and got Brolin autographs first, and still made it to this spot. So we go get something to eat, and return. A grapher girl I can’t stand is there, and we wait. Del Toro hops out of the car, does a photo for my friend, and does an over the shoulder for me. Another friend arrives, and Benecio leaves again about 20 minutes later. This time he signs my DVD of The Usual Suspects, the girl’s Funko, and my other friend gets the photo. I could have tried for an upgrade, but I opted for the DVD. In any event, I was now done with the guy, finally.

We moved back to the spot for Brolin, but learned he had gone in earlier. While there, we realize there’s something going on for a new Tessa Thompson movie. The actors are rushed in though. Waited awhile, and I was finally able to score a photo with Terry Crews! Also got another with Tessa, who’s quickly becoming quite the superstar. With that, I went home.

Brolin Photo

del Toro Combo

Tessa

Terry Crews

Back at it on day three, for the final time. I started off the morning trying to essentially complete my Netflix Voltron cast piece with Steven Yeun, the voice of Keith. Turns out he was in the same film as Tessa and Crews. Good thing I didn’t need Tessa, who is super nice, because her publicist literally told the driver to shove anybody who approaches her! I swear she was serious too. Anyway, Steve walked out, and signed, boom, done. I then made a long, sweaty, walk to the Brolin spot one last time. He had been very good for two days, stopping either in or out almost all the time. However, I heard he was not too good earlier this morning. There were a few dealers waiting, and the car pulled up, but Josh declined. Hmm, okay. A few more people arrive, but this time Josh does 1 each for all! I even get him to sign with my gold pen, and somehow he was courteous enough to squeeze his chicken scratch in between Kerri ‘s and Jonathan’s. The pap got me a proof shot too!

Brolin added to Goonies

del Toro on The Usual Suspects

Voltron Legendary Defender

We then made another long, sweaty walk to another spot. My goal here was to get a photo with new Luke Cage villain Mustafa Shakir, and an auto from Mike Colter on my Rutgers magazine. On the way out, Mustafa actually blanked, I guess thinking the others weren’t stopping. However, they did! Mike signed, and I got a proof of that too, ha ha. Later on, I really wanted a photo finally with Preacher star Dominic Cooper, who also played Howard Stark on Agent Carter. On the way in, he took care of everyone, so I was successful. His co-star Ruth Negga, who by the way was incredible in Loving, ran in. On the way out though, Ruth stopped for everyone, such a sweet lady, and I got the photo. The lead singer of Imagine Dragons was there, but since I care zero for them, I left and went home.

Colter Signing
Image Image

Dominic

Ruth
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

crowbar
Marked Out King

Re: The Collector Preaches To Expendable Goonies

Post by crowbar » July 1st, 2018, 7:55 am

Nice, I enjoyed Sicario 2 and look forward to the next Preacher season, good gets

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » July 1st, 2018, 9:47 am

Excellent stuff. I really didn't enjoy Sicario 1 at all, which shocks me since I love the director's other films, so I doubt I bother with the second, but these are great gets.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » July 1st, 2018, 5:45 pm

Fuckin Josh
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » July 1st, 2018, 6:19 pm

class316 wrote:
July 1st, 2018, 5:45 pm
Fuckin Josh
Well, where you for this trip? He was just lovely!

PS: a certain dealer was NOT present to anger him this time around.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Bud White
Learning To Mark Out

Post by Bud White » July 2nd, 2018, 10:57 am

Good shit. Benecio has a great graph!