Shivering for Celebs in NYC

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Shivering for Celebs in NYC

Post by Greg2600 » March 25th, 2018, 6:26 pm

So Lanza :lanza: and I decided to attend an event we’ve done a few times in the past. Unfortunately they decided to hold it much earlier in the year than previously, so it was horribly cold and really windy. In the past, there’s an event that precedes this one, and then they show up here and we get them. Unfortunately we probably should have gone there first, as some of the bigger names like Donald Sutherland, Sarah Paulson, and Brendan Fraser did little to nothing.

Anywho, I tried the night before for Sutherland, but he wouldn’t budge. I did get a photo with director Danny Boyle, who did The Beach and 28 Days Later which I loved, and will be the next James Bond director. I also got a photo with young Harris Dickinson from Trust, and Brendan Fraser signed an Air Heads photo that Amy Locane signed at Chiller. He actually was genuinely marking out that Amy had signed it.

Boyle

Dickinson

Airheads

So Lanza, myself, and several others frozen and got some celebs. It was largely dead for quite some time. Then the action really picked up. I spotted Jeremie Harris from Legion running in, and ran over for a photo. Also grabbed one with J.D. Pardo from Revolution and the new Mayans MC. Billie Lourd, from Scream Queens, AHS, and Star Wars took care of everyone, so I got a selfie finally. Also got photos with Zazie Beetz from Atlanta and the upcoming Deadpool 2. Next it was Michael Esper from Trust.

Harris

Pardo

Lourd

Beetz

Esper

So one of my objectives was to have my You’re The Worst 8x10’s signed by the remaining cast member, Kether Donohue. At one point, we see co-stars Chris Geere and Desmin Borges vaping and laughing about something. It was actually the fact that Desmin’s pants split on the red carpet! Anyway, I was going to ask for photos with them together, but mentioned needing Kether. So they said, okay, we’ll go get her! Not thinking much of it, but awhile later, I see Kether come out to smoke with Aya Cash! So we get a nice group shot with them and she signs. I guess the one true regret for me was not getting the same with the male stars of the show. Last get of the night was Darren Criss of Versace. There were a couple more we wanted, but it was brutal out, so we called it.

Criss

The Girls

The Graphs
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Re: Shivering for Celebs in NYC

Post by Btvsp3 » March 25th, 2018, 9:32 pm

Absolutely love You’re The Worst. Incredibly jealous!
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser

crowbar
Marked Out King

Re: Shivering for Celebs in NYC

Post by crowbar » March 26th, 2018, 8:55 am

Loved the Versaci show, Darren Criss is amazing in it.