Old Saint Nick, 006, Ronan, Addie, and a lil Jonsing

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Old Saint Nick, 006, Ronan, Addie, and a lil Jonsing

Post by Greg2600 » March 16th, 2018, 11:09 am

Have to be honest, last week was not great for NYC street combos, for me at least. Lot of stubbornness on my part that led to misses. Plus it was full of snow, and it’s still damn cold out there dammit! Ended it on a good note though.

I went to a spot that could have had some TV names, but the ones I wanted had already left. So I tried another for Jessica Jones cast members but the way in was a disaster. Waited til they left and got Rachael Taylor and Eka Darville, while Carrie-Ann Moss was rotten as usual and didn’t stop. Frozen, I departed and made a stop for Guardian of the Galaxy’s Lee Pace, who was very nice. Got the selfie and he signed my cast piece, though his graph is pretty bad.

The following night, Class was in town, so we exchanged some info. First I hit an easy spot for Mae Whitman, who’s back on TV in Good Girls, but was the President’s daughter in Independence Day. She was very nice, and took a windy photo. After this I made some bad moves and missed a name that Class got. To make matters worse, I took the wrong item for someone to sign, so I couldn’t do that one either! Eventually we met up, and I got American Horror Story’s Jamie Brewer as well as Debra Monk, who played Pacino’s assistant in The Devil’s Advocate. Spent more time at other spots empty handed, and yes, frozen again, I went home.

Let’s fast forward through the Big Event weekend, for a few more nice meets. I knew Sean Bean (GoldenEye, Ronin, National Treasure, The Martian) was in town, and usually is pretty chill. Always wanted to meet him, but when he was here several years ago, it was nearly impossible due to LOTR graphers. The spot he was appearing was not going to be much better this time, but I heard he was pretty nice with a raucous crowd earlier in the day. Anywho, while speaking to a buddy, he tells me that Class316 is already at the spot! I’m like haeeeehhhhhh??? Apparently he drove back up with a “Master of Life.”

I arrive, and with much disgust, for some reason they won’t let Sean do anything on the way in. Tom Brady, supposedly the GOAT, arrives and doesn’t even turn around. Didn’t expect him to, but he managed to bring a dozen moron dealers who wouldn’t have been there. Paul Giamatti arrived and blanked as well. We wait and wait and wait, now it’s nearly 3 hours! Paul and Tom leave, do nothing whatsoever, so the dirty dealers are going berserk. Finally Sean leaves and walks over. It is mayhem, but he’s patient and very calm, and takes care of everyone. My first shot was completely ruined by a dirtbag, who I had warned not to stick blanks in front of me. He 100% did this on purpose, and if I didn’t get a reshoot, he was in for a world of hurt. Thankfully Sean was just so pleasant that he did another.

Dealer ruined

Class' MoL is nice enough to drive me along to the next spot. We were going to attend a talk and book signing for the enigmatic, Nick Nolte, of 48 Hours, Under Fire, and The Deep fame. You had to pay to get in, plus buy the book, so this could have been a $50 gamble but you have to pay to play! Frankly, it seemed to have been added in the last few days, out of the blue. Also, I think if Class weren’t going, I probably wouldn’t have. One of those things, where ehhh, you need a bit of a push to do.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

adelta13
Marked Out Pro

Re: Old Saint Nick, 006, Ronan, Addie, and a lil Jonsing

Post by adelta13 » March 16th, 2018, 11:21 am

Nice Whitman photo! I have a big crush on her after watching her in The Perks of Being a Wallflower

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » March 16th, 2018, 11:48 am

Wow good stuff. Scumbag dealers are scum.

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » March 16th, 2018, 12:37 pm

I hate dealers so much. They really will mess up your photo just out of spite. It was good seeing you!

And great get on Lee Pace! Loved Pushing Daisies.
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » March 16th, 2018, 8:51 pm

Tropic Thunder man. Nolte is great stuff
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » March 16th, 2018, 9:39 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
March 16th, 2018, 11:09 am
Also, I think if Class weren’t going, I probably wouldn’t have. One of those things, where ehhh, you need a bit of a push to do.
Glad I could be of influence :celebrate:
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/