Monster Mania "16Times" Report

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
16times
Marked Out King

Monster Mania "16Times" Report

Post by 16times » March 13th, 2018, 1:07 am

mikeyicon wrote:
March 12th, 2018, 10:57 am
sucks for 16times who is a Chiller traditionalist like me who tried this first MM show and unfortunately got a bad taste. Look forward to reading your report if you plan on writing one.
There's really not much to say that everybody else hasn't said better, so I was gonna pass on writing a report on this one. I went Friday night. We got a hotel a few miles away, and I cabbed it over there at 4 pm. As we got closer, the cab driver was talking about how insane that show was, and we could see cars parked along the street from blocks away. I only had 4 wants...pics with Randy Quaid, Paul Ruebens, Ally Sheedy, and I figured I'd get Dreyfuss if I could, or else get him at Chiller next month.

I went to the same college as Kathleen Turner and we shared a lot of professors. I even met her on campus once back in 1983, in the "Body Heat" days. But when I met her years ago at a booksigning and tried to make that connection, she blew me off. So, when she didn't have a line, I went over and tried to chat her up again, and, strike two ! She couldn't care less. I went ahead and got a nice pic, but I guess I'll retire my Kathleen Turner insider connection. :rofl1:

Quaid canceled after I wasted an hour in his line, but I waited with board member DJNightRida and got to know him a little better, so that was cool. Dreyfuss's line ended up getting capped before I could get to it, so all I ended up with were pics with Pee Wee, Ally Sheedy, and Kathleen Turner. Ruebens was my main draw though, so I'm happy.

Crazy, crowded, frustrating experience, and that was only Friday. Sheesh !

Spent Saturday touring historic Philly sites with Mrs. 16times and headed home.
Attachments
Ally Sheedy - Edited.jpg
Pee Wee Herman - Edited.jpg
Kathleen Turner - Edited.jpg
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Re: Monster Mania "16Times" Report

Post by Btvsp3 » March 13th, 2018, 2:13 am

ICW wrote:
March 12th, 2018, 1:24 pm
I don't really wanna chat with anyone. Nice to met ya, big fan, sign my stuff, take a pic, thank ya.

I don't need any conversations at conventions. Time is money.
Depending on the celeb I certainly wouldn't mind striking up a conversation. Sharni Vinson tried to strike up a conversation and I felt really bad to cut it short, but I literally had no time to talk. I would have loved to have had time to talk to Elvira and Kathleen but with how jam packed my schedule was and how long the lines were it just wasn't possible. I want the pic and the autograph, but if I can come away with the feeling that the celebrity cares about me in some way, then it makes it more worth it for me.
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » March 13th, 2018, 8:10 am

16x, I would def advise hitting dreyfuss line immediately at chiller. He is so freaking slow.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Post by mikeyicon » March 13th, 2018, 9:58 am

16 times. This was my 10th MM show, some are great, some are eh. But I never had one yet that made me determine now to head out on a Friday after work. I was there on Friday, and although it was more crowded than usual, it wasn't that bad for me. I'm at the mercy of my friend who pays for this stuff, and I'm like her consultant advising her against paying big $$$ and spending time in big line. She wanted Pee Wee, I told her she was out of her mind to spend that kind of money, but of course if she wanted to, I'd be more happy to be in the photo.:) She also wanted Dreyfuss who had no line at the end of show and was signing away, but when I saw it was $60, I strongly advised her to not do it or get him at Chiller. I'm am not mistaken, he was at a Chiller show back in the day signing for $40 but photo was free and even then was going political. no real interest on my side.

Ally sheedy had no line all night. Had I really cared, I could have gone over and chatted with her, but sometimes I care to BS, and sometimes I know it's a waste of time to talk nonsense. Kathleen Turner had no line and she was nice to us for what it was and laughed when I asked her where the Dumb and Dumber To pics were, but she did seem moody to others and had people delete photos of her <?>. Can tell she's there to collect the check for her agents. :) Glad I didn't put an arm around her, though. :)

Joey Pants had no line and was a peach. he gave hugs, was having fun, and we had a nice conversation about his second book which we discussed bi-polar syndrome and such. This guy's resume speaks for itself and he gets it.

Chiller has been and until they decide to complete with the cookie-cutter shows, is the best experience for me and from our brief talks and your posts on here, you as well. Chiller is the "A" Show MM was always the "B" show for me, if they have guest like you saw at this one, stay away. If they go to retro guests only like Chiller, I'd say give it another chance, it's a not a bad show in terms of what we both like. Glad you weren't there on Saturday, otherwise I can't imagine you ever going back from what I've read.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » March 13th, 2018, 10:24 am

:16x: you always deserve your own report so I split it off!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Joresky

Post by Joresky » March 13th, 2018, 10:33 am

Awesome stuff! Sucks I missed you but definitely hope we get to hang out at Chiller

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » March 13th, 2018, 1:21 pm

Great stuff Mark!