A Fanboy of Physics

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

A Fanboy of Physics

Post by Greg2600 » February 22nd, 2018, 9:28 am

While the board was down over the weekend, I did a few easy meets. First I saw that Dan Fogler, of Fanboys, Fantastic Beasts, and The Goldbergs, was signing his graphic novel Moon Lake at a small comic book store in Brooklyn. I headed out there, and arrived to a tiny store with the owners present and Dan. The store was closing for business in a few weeks, so Dan decided to come on out to help those guys out. I really wasn’t interested in the comics, but I threw them a 10 for their trouble. Got to speak to Dan for a bit, then we got some pizza across the street, as it turns out. Very cool guy. Signed my Fanboys DVD, and gave me a preview copy of his next project, Brooklyn Gladiator, as well as a film he created, Hysterical Psycho.

With that over with, I made a quick stop in Manhattan on the way home, before the snow started. There I caught up with one of my favorites, You’re The Worst’s Aya Cash, who gladly signed my 8x10’s that the boys had previously. Grabbed another selfie, as well as a photo with character actor Zach Grenier.

..just need Kether.

I journeyed into New York again for a non-traditional celebrity book signing, for “The Future of Humanity,” by theoretical physicist Dr. Michio Kaku. Dr. Kaku has appeared on countless radio and television programs to explain, discuss, and generally cheerlead for futuristic research and space exploration. He’s definitely a hero of mine. The Doc walked out and gave a funny and enlightening 45 minute talk on all things space. Despite a packed house, he gladly posed for photos and did small talk. I was out of there in pretty good time, and back to my car, and on home.

Image Image
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com