Get Out 2017! Here Comes 2018!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Get Out 2017! Here Comes 2018!

Post by Greg2600 » January 11th, 2018, 10:18 pm

I began the year same as the last couple, hitting an event in the cold. Unfortunately, due to the guest list, I figured it would be a madhouse, and I wasn’t disappointed. The setup was tricky as usual, but I used past experience to get a decent rail spot. However, they didn’t put two rails at the front, just one. So I was off to the side with little hope of getting any of the big names even if they stopped. Such was the case with Angelina Jolie. The other A-listers blanked entirely. Poor :pauuuse: was sandwiched so badly I thought he'd left, couldn't even see him.

I did grab photos with Wonder Woman director (and super cool and nice) Patty Jenkins, as well as the usual ice queen Julianna Margulies, who has denied me like 8 times. Couldn’t believe it. About the only others to come to the side were Willem Dafoe and Timothee Chalamet, both of whom I didn’t need.

Julianna

Patty

On the way out, Lupita Nyong’o snuck out a door behind us, arghhhhh! However, we had better spots this time (again my experience helped), and I was able to get photos with Get Out cast members Daniel Kaluuya, Lil Rel Howery, and Allison Williams. I really enjoyed Get Out, so this was fantastic. I have also met Catherine Keener, Bradley Whitford, Stephen Root, and Richard Herd, from the cast. Daniel is bound for big things in the future, not to mention he’s Ugandan, and I have a special connection to that country.

Daniel

Allison

Lil Rel

At another madhouse I attempted to get Jack Black finally. Prior to his exit, Sarah Jessica Parker, who I’ve seen probably 8-10 times, actually was pretty nice and did photos for all, so I got one. I was not a big Sex and the City fan, but I did love Flight of the Navigator and First Wives Club. Jack exited and was imitating what seemed like Class316, and be wacky as usual. Unfortunately wacky is not good. He went down the line, and signed my Saving Silverman DVD. He marveled that I met the other guys in the movie, but when I tried to ask for a photo, he kept yapping and wasn’t paying enough attention. Very frustrating!!! :facepalm2: Went to what we thought was his usual hotel, but never saw him, so he must have been elsewhere.

SJP

Saving Silverman
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Get Out 2017! Here Comes 2018!

Post by WOODMO » January 12th, 2018, 8:54 am

Excellent stuff Greg. Great hanging as always

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » January 12th, 2018, 9:53 am

Good stuff

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » January 12th, 2018, 5:24 pm

So incredibly jealous of about Julianna and Sarah Jessica!
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser

16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times » January 13th, 2018, 5:35 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
January 11th, 2018, 10:18 pm
Jack exited and was imitating what seemed like Class316
And what was that imitation exactly ? :vaht1:
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » January 14th, 2018, 11:37 am

Great stuff, I'd pay to hear Jack Black imitating Class
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/