WOODMO Begins 2018 With Chalamet, Kaluuya, etc!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
WOODMO
Site Admin

WOODMO Begins 2018 With Chalamet, Kaluuya, etc!

Post by WOODMO » January 11th, 2018, 1:22 pm

2018 is here and I am on the board celebrity wise. The weather has been downright frigid here in New York, but we had a thawing out which resulted in a downright balmy night in the 30s. I opted to forgo the beach and instead chase some celebrities, since the :praytogods: were restless!!

The event I did was packed with A-listers, including Angelina Jolie who did photos right in front of my but I was unable to get one being second row on the rail. The guy in front of me is a friend in the hobby and he offered to let me in front whenever I needed, but the rail was too tight to breathe let alone swap in and out.

The main reason I went though was for smaller names who were more obtainable, namely Dave Franco, Timothee Chalamet, Armie Hammer and Daniel Kaluuya. As the night would unfold, I would wind up getting 3 of the 4, so I consider 2018 off to a successful start.

Now I mentioned it was crowded, but boy oh boy was it ever crowded. I kept in the second row thinking maybe I'd get to the front, but finally I realized this was not going to happen so I left my spot and went into the center of the pen figuring moving around would be more useful. It turned out I was right, as I was able to get my top want Timothee Chalamet in the corner of the pen. I was yelling for him and a :master: I am friends with also joined in and he came right over. I opted for my phone on many of these because it was too tight and cold to use the camera effectively with the layers and limited arm mobility.

At this point a bunch of the crowd left and :snear: and I spotted the Franco brothers. James I have already, and he wasn't doing a thing anyhow with his scandal so fresh, but Dave Franco was nice enough to do a few quick ones as he walked into the venue. My number 2 want of the evening.

After this there was some down time, but luckily we had a few cool hunters around to bullshit with. A bit of time passes, but finally we see some life and grab the Get Out folks, Daniel Kaluuya and LilRel Howery. I opted to use my camera for Daniel, but I guess with the cold I didn't massage the shutter button right and it focused poorly. Clearly I should've used the phone, but the photo is okay to me, I'll live with it just fine. Allison Williams did a handful as well but I was unlucky and she dashed off before doing mine.

After this I concluded with Patty Jenkins, Director of Wonder Woman. A super cool lady who took care of everybody just about.

At this point we got blanked by Steven Spielberg, Armie Hammer apparently went out the other door, and I went home with a pretty nice start to my 2018.

capman
Marked Out Pro

Re: WOODMO Begins 2018 With Chalamet, Kaluuya, etc!

Post by capman » January 11th, 2018, 1:28 pm

I smell a repeat winner for worse photo of the year! Welcome back!!!!!

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 11th, 2018, 1:30 pm

capman wrote:
January 11th, 2018, 1:28 pm
I smell a repeat winner for worse photo of the year! Welcome back!!!!!
:glory:

Defending my crown against all you punk ass bitches!!

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » January 11th, 2018, 2:05 pm

Great time hanging in that mess. That type of blur is unfortunately a trademark of that Canon PnS line. I have many like it. It's because the Max ISO, focal length and flash coverage stink on them.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Joresky

Post by Joresky » January 11th, 2018, 2:12 pm

Wow great stuff! Congrats!! I need em all except Franco

Raza01
Marking Out Amateur

Post by Raza01 » January 11th, 2018, 2:43 pm

Awesome report man. Great way to start 2018

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » January 12th, 2018, 9:54 am

Nice work

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » January 14th, 2018, 11:38 am

Good stuff
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/