So I Guess I Kinda Aced This Con

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
50 Shades Of Rey
Marking Out Amateur

So I Guess I Kinda Aced This Con

Post by 50 Shades Of Rey » December 20th, 2017, 1:20 am

While this new Con had its flaws it still ended up being my favorite of the year mainly in getting a top want of mine for many years now in The Undertaker. When it was first announced it was almost unbelievable that he would make a rare appearance in NY once it was confirmed I jumped on it and grabbed a photo op even with the horrible time slot on a Friday I was going no matter what the best I was able to get was a half day off from work. When the day arrived I picked up my friend who I decided to let split my photo with him figured I'd use the extra cash for some JL cast we left upstate NY Hudson Valley around 2ish and actually made decent time only traffic congestion was going over the bridge and on the L.I.E. which my phone gps rerouted us on a side street to get through traffic quicker got to the Coliseum a little before 4pm we saw the one massive line and shorter line our biggest fear was the massive line was ours but it was actually VIP which looped back and forth to the Marriott hotel back towards NYCB we got on the much shorter general admission line as instructed by the outside staff. We were actually behind fellow MO member JabroniJosh my friend talked to him for a bit about the Undertaker. We got in fairly quickly about 15-20 mins inside passed the metal detector. Once inside we talked to several different staff members who were clueless on where we were supposed to go we were told to go to different gates and lost a few minutes time we finally were told correctly to go downstairs while heading down I glance at VIP line and it came to a standstill. Once downstairs there was disorganization on where to go we finally got on another line to redeem a prepaid ticket which was ridiculous at that point our GA photo op session was about to start and we finally jump in yet another line in the photo op area. We find out Taker is running late when he finally arrives they breeze through the few VIP's that made it in goes quick I was a little annoyed as I saw GA photo session 2 ticket holders who actually were originally behind us being let in with the VIP line as the one lady watching the line was a complete idiot. As with all pro photos we get our 5 second hello and thank you and grab our photo get the digital and decide to head home. Walking out I see the VIP line was still a deadstop glad I never got the VIP. I return back on Sunday I never go on busy Saturdays and I usually work early Sat mornings so Sunday was my only option for getting JL cast members originally was going to get Ezra but his Sunday appearance got cancelled due to filming. Got in much quicker this time and went to get a split photo op with MO member DJ for Henry Cavill despite the mustache I was ok on getting him as I looked at Saturday pics and it wasn't bad but just my luck he decides to wear his KC Chiefs hat during our photo session. We actually jumped back and forth with Jason Momoa's line as they couldn't figure out who to do first as they ran close to same time Cavill's evenutally got pushed later due to the Gadot lines dragging on. So I get a split photo op for Jason Momoa first with a friend which was actually free for me since she paid and didn't ask for my half of the money even though I offered the original plan was she would let me in her Momoa photo and I let her in my Ezra photo but since he cancelled that didn't happen. Quickly after Momoa I get Cavill's photo I was ablt to talk to a staff member I knew that let us jump back ahead of the Cavill line. Got my photos and digitals and was on my merry way home. Honestly no real complaints from me got what I wanted and some of the line headaches are no different than other cons with big names. Looking back the only thing I kinda regret not doing was the Gadot upgrade from RICC as she did look hot in that black dress with her hair down and allowing you to hug her this time I just wasn't able to bite the bullet at the time of throwing away the $ I already spent at RICC for her the first time. All in all hopefully this isn't the first and last ACE Con in NY
25440035_10210915326015046_6365658435496785683_o.jpg
Me with The Undertaker
25507995_10210915191371680_7224482986572858098_n.jpg
Me with Jason Momoa
25532085_10210912152495710_6205175649062674946_o.jpg
Me with Henry Cavill

capman
Marked Out Pro

Re: So I Guess I Kinda Aced This Con

Post by capman » December 20th, 2017, 5:18 am

Probably the best Momoa I have seen. Love the details in the report!

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 20th, 2017, 9:33 am

Great shots Rey!

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 20th, 2017, 10:18 am

You got the ones to get there Rey, good to hear from you. As for first and last ACE con? LOL, we shall see. I hope they continue IF they can get different big name guests.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » December 20th, 2017, 5:21 pm

Thanks for the split. Photos look great. Glad you enjoyed the con
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 20th, 2017, 8:17 pm