PT Anderson, Stone, Bosworth, Bush, Wahlberg, Weisz & More!!!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
heelorton79
Marked Out Master

PT Anderson, Stone, Bosworth, Bush, Wahlberg, Weisz & More!!!

Post by heelorton79 » December 18th, 2017, 8:35 am

While planning on posting two final reports for the year, I realized that I would not be able to include all the photos I scored (since I am behind as usual). So for this one, I decided to showcase some of my favorites that I got over the past month or so.

Adding to my Oscar winners collection, are Emma Stone and Rachel Weisz. There were many chances in the past for me to get Emma both prior and post Oscar-win, but I just never got around to it. As of late...she has become iffy, depending on where she is approached and of course her mood. I went for her on a day that I didn't realize would be so cold, and unfortunately I had to wait a little, so it wasn't fun. After about 30 minutes, I approached her and she did the photo no problem. Rachel, on the other hand could be tough for the picture. When she does do it, she doesn't do many. While everyone was attacking Angelina Jolie, my friend and I made our way to a low-key spot and ran into only two collectors waiting. I wasn't sure she would take care of all, if she did any, but I was determined. There would be a few shots here, but the first one was wiped out when we realized she entered the venue extremely early. The second time we saw her she was rushing to the bathroom and back and she couldn't stop. The third time we spotted her, she was mingling with a couple of people and we didn't want to interrupt. By the time she stopped talking, she had to go back inside. The last chance was going to be her exit. We saw her put her coat and hat on, and as I was about to approach, she went back inside! WTF! Minutes later she comes back out, as apparently her car had arrived, and I asked her for the picture. She obliges and even removes her hat. She then does one for my friend. The third collector asks as she starts walking and Rachel's friend says that she has to go, but Rachel stops anyway. The final collector asks and Rachel declines. While I believe she should have stopped for the last person, and that her friend was clearly being a pain in the ass, if the collector was a bit aggressive, he probably could have gotten it. I know if that was me, the thought of me waiting for some time with three others, and being the only one not to get the photo, would prompt me to make sure to get it. I mean, the guy didn't even ask a second time.

Another big time want for me was director Paul Thomas Anderson. He directed two of my favorites, "Magnolia" and "Boogie Nights" as well as other great films. He is the director of the new film "Phantom Thread" starring Daniel Day-Lewis. I caught him walking alone, and my friend and I approached him. For me, it has been a great year for photos with directors and I am very happy to add this one to my collection!

Other firsts include comedians Jamie Kennedy and Kevin Nealon, both very cool individuals. Also, two true sweethearts, Sophia Bush and Kate Bosworth. After getting Bosworth, I hung around a bit, and randomly scored Mark Wahlberg. My first photo with him was one of my earliest in the hobby, and isn't the best pic, so I was happy to get this update. Finally, I went to a spot for two small "Boardwalk Empire" names...Michael Countryman (Frank Wilson) and Enid Graham (Rose Van Alden). While there, my friend got Clive Owen, so I opted for another one for the hell of it (my third).

Here are the pics...

Rachel Weisz

Emma Stone

Mark Wahlberg

Kate Bosworth

Paul Thomas Anderson

Sophia Bush

Kevin Nealon

Jamie Kennedy

Clive Owen

Enid Graham

Michael Countryman
Last edited by heelorton79 on December 18th, 2017, 9:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: PT Anderson, Stone, Bosworth, Bush, Wahlberg, Weisz & More!!!

Post by WOODMO » December 18th, 2017, 9:08 am

Some excellent shots man. I agree about the third guy on Rachel, you gotta be more persistent in that kind of situation.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 18th, 2017, 9:41 am

More fantastic shots. Rachel, Emma, and Sophia elude me. PT Anderson I should have gone for, but ehhhh, so cold! There Will Be Blood remains a favorite, as does Boogie. Frankly he's the best "name" on this report, though most will go who????
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » December 18th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Just excellent. Look forward to the last one. Sure it has some great scores.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » December 19th, 2017, 4:01 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
December 18th, 2017, 9:41 am
Frankly he's the best "name" on this report, though most will go who????
Sadly you are correct...more people need to recognize him. Even when they know "Boogie Nights", they rarely know the director.

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » December 19th, 2017, 4:05 pm

Love PT although Inherent Vice was a major misstep

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » December 20th, 2017, 4:55 pm

IMO Magnolia was his peak.