ICW's Final Battle 2017

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
ICW
Marked Out Master

ICW's Final Battle 2017

Post by ICW » December 16th, 2017, 11:21 am

I met with some friends who were attending the show for some dinner (went to Black Iron Burger, very good!). None of them were interested in the pre-show meet & greet, so I went on my own. It was snowing and, thankfully, they were letting people in early and I didn't have to wait outside.

I immediately went downstairs and the line to purchase autograph tickets was long but it seemed to be moving. Well...it would move (people paying with cash) and then grind to a halt (people paying with credit cards). It was maddening and I really think they should figure out a different way to do this but whatever.

I bought two "single" tickets and one "tag team." The longest line, by far, was for Marty Scrull while the Bucks and Adam Page were a close second. I didn't notice if Cody was with them.

The only other person who had a line was Dalton Castle, who I intended to meet, so I hopped on his line. While I was waiting, though, I saw that the Best Friends - Trent Barrett and Chuck Taylor - were packing up their photos and looked like they were leaving! The person in front of me saw this, too, and made a beeline to their table and I was right behind him. They eached signed a Best Friends 8x10 while Trent also signed my WK 11 Program. Both great, great guys - Chuck was WAY nicer than when I met him at Evolve a couple of years ago.

I saw that CMLL's Titan was free, so I decided to get him quickly and he couldn't have been any nicer. He was incredibly nice. He signed his 8x10 and thanked me for coming down.

I hopped back on Dalton Castle's line. Dalton kept saying, "Bring on the Boys! I want to meet more Boys!" and was in great spirits, interacting with everyone. When it was my turn, he saw my PWG BOLA card and asked if I went (I didn't). He also signed an 8x10 and check out the inscription! Too funny. When we posed for our photo, he kept pretending like he was going to hip toss me lol.

I left the room and headed back upstairs where I saw Sumie Sakai in a Santa standing behind the merch table. She was holding a sign that was asking for a $5 contribution to a children's charity and, for the $5, you got some band and a photo op with her and Cheeseburger. Unfortunately, Cheeseburger was wrestling the opener of the pre-show match, so he was long gone, but I decided to get the photo with Sakai. She was really nice and thanked me for contributing.

As for the show itself...it SUCKED.

Autographs:
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Anthony18
Full Fledged Mark

Re: ICW's Final Battle 2017

Post by Anthony18 » December 16th, 2017, 11:51 am

Without spoiling results because I didn't see it yet, why did it suck?

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 16th, 2017, 6:41 pm

Excellent stuff! I’d like Dalton but I wasn’t driving into the city with that snow last night.

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » December 16th, 2017, 7:33 pm

Really nice stuff, did they announce a return date? Didn't want to go for just the one guy (Dalton) in that miserable weather yesterday. Surprised Marty was the longest line, as the last few shows I've been too it always seems to be the Bucks.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 16th, 2017, 8:25 pm

I remember when I got Marty at the Evolve show, NOBODY else wanted him and I felt foolish paying $5 for a :pokemon:

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » December 18th, 2017, 11:19 pm

Anthony18 wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 11:51 am
Without spoiling results because I didn't see it yet, why did it suck?
I just wasn't a fan of most of the finishes.
WOODMO wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 6:41 pm
Excellent stuff! I’d like Dalton but I wasn’t driving into the city with that snow last night.
Thanks, man! I don't blame you, the show was so not worth the hassle
mrira wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 7:33 pm
Really nice stuff, did they announce a return date? Didn't want to go for just the one guy (Dalton) in that miserable weather yesterday. Surprised Marty was the longest line, as the last few shows I've been too it always seems to be the Bucks.
Thanks, Ira. I think they announced 3/3 as their return date.
WOODMO wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 8:25 pm
I remember when I got Marty at the Evolve show, NOBODY else wanted him and I felt foolish paying $5 for a :pokemon:

I had a feeling Marty was going to be a big star. I'm pumped I bought a sick print from him that he signed
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/