G2.6K 2017 NYCC PART TWO

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

G2.6K 2017 NYCC PART TWO

Post by Greg2600 » October 15th, 2017, 10:59 pm

Saturday

Day 3 now, and I took the Secaucus train, which was a lot more comfortable than the damn PATH like the previous days. I arrived to see a small group waiting, including a guy Charlie I know. My main goal on the day was Jackie Earle Haley from Bad News Bears and The Watchmen. Second project was to get the three voice actors from the Voltron Netflix series, which I had to be vigilant for since the rest of the people never would recognize them. I printed a head shot cheat sheet just in case. Other wants were cast members of Agents of Shield and Star Trek Discovery, although I feared they could be too mobbed to get.

First up was actually Mark Hamill, who arrived, did selfies only, but wouldn’t sign. Shortly later, voice actress Ashley Eckstein, aka Ashoka from the CGI Star Wars series. A female fan screamed for her first, and she came over and took photos. As a Rebels fan, loved finally getting her, as I never have time for her booth stuff at the cons. Within a minute, The Tick actors began arriving. I spotted Michael Cerveris, a well known Broadway name that I have passed on before. However, he’s going to be on Gotham this season, so stupid me now needs him! Anyway, super nice guy. What really stunk was while I got him, Jackie was doing a couple pics behind me, and just as he got to me, a grapher asked for an auto, he declined and went inside. GAhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I had little time to pout, because about 10 minutes later a taxi pulls up and a woman hops out. I glance at my sheet, and yes, it’s Kimberly Brooks, who plays Allura on Voltron. I call her over, and get the combo! The clueless masses then get photos too. Couple minutes go by, and a car pulls in. I immediately recognize A.J. Locascio, NJ native, who I knew from the Telltale Back to the Future video games. He voiced Marty McFly, and will voice Prince Lotor on Voltron this season. I call him over, while I direct Class to stop the other guy. A.J. at first was like, “is this allowed?” LOL, guess he’s never been stopped before. The other guy was Josh Keaton, no relation to Michael, already a voice acting vet at my age. Josh played Jules Brown in the BTTF cartoon, Jack on Transformers Prime, and now Shiro on Voltron. Got his combo as well, though my A.J. shot is actually a dual (unintentionally) with Josh.

As the day dragged on, the wind and sweat picked up. However, worst was that they began backing the large vans up to the door, blocking us from both yelling for celebs and even seeing them! This happened several times, most annoyingly with Agents of Shield. Actress Abbie Cornish did come over, and took photos for all, which was nice, because I saw her earlier in the year but passed as it was a mess at the spot. Despite mostly wanting Clark Gregg from Agents, the only one to come over was Chloe Bennet, who looked bodacious! Got a selfie with her, despite some moron screaming for Ming-Na that caused poor Chloe to jump out of her skin. Great update for me, as my old C2E2 shot was split with JOresky and she “favored” him. Ha ha.

Awhile later, two actors from the new series Siren walked over, and we got photos. They were Eline Powell and Ian Verdun. Some Walking Dead names arrived too, but I had them. Katelyn Nacon was doing photos for all, and my Chiller shot was a Lanza split, so time for a free upgrade.

There were several times that I was going to go inside to try for Kevin Conroy, but didn’t want to miss The Tick exit. At one point, a parade of SUV’s sped into the garage ramp, leaving many to speculate it was the cast of the Justice League film, since Gadot was here for SNL. I was skeptical of that, and was proven right. It was the entourage for musician The Weekend. His car was stopped at the light, and 20 idiots ran over to get car shots. Well guess what, within 15 minutes the cops were here, and made us all move up the block. This totally screwed me, as I went from a prime rail spot to NO rail spot. I figured I was screwed totally at this point. Luckily Class had some room, and let me in to get Yara Martinez from The Tick. I don’t think anyone ever called Brendan Hines over, so didn’t get him. However, the moment of truth was Jackie Earle Haley. Thankfully he’s such a nice guy, and did the whole line. I got my Bad News Bears 11x14 signed, and the photo! One of the girls let me in for this, as she had no interest. I also got an upgrade on Valorie Curry too.

As the scene was pretty mobbed, and a dealer tipped me on where Agents of Shield would go, I decided to depart, letting my friend Charlie know where to meet me. I first stopped at a spot for Rachel Weisz, who went in and as I expected denied the four of us waiting. There was just two of us for Shield, and finally the party bus pulled up. Got Clark Gregg FINALLY, as well as Elizabeth Henstridge. Chloe stepped over, and we laughed about that crackpot startling her earlier. Lastly I got Iain De Caestecker, though pretty fuzzy shot. Natalia Cordova-Buckley slipped by, but can you believe Ming-Na Wen ignored me?!?! Wow!

Anyway, on to the next spot, which I really wasn’t confident in. It would feature Rooney Mara, the “Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” and Ben Mendelsohn, who played Krennic on Rogue One. The F subway line was closed for the weekend, great. I had to change lines, and walk awhile before getting there. From a couple blocks away I notice JOresky by his head and t-shirt. About a block away I see a flash go off and start RUNNING full speed. As I approach, I see Mendelsohn, and only Class and Jerry there. Hand Class my camera and get the shot! On exit Rooney did a ton of photos, but you could tell she was not a fan of the flash or the crowd, and left with friends. I did a half-follow around the corner, where a really annoying fan stopped her again (he got her inside). She seemed okay with doing more so I got a selfie.

I headed back uptown for the Star Trek event, which I walked up on just as it was exiting. I snuck in for a photo with Anthony Rapp from Rent and School Ties. I also got a photo with Shazad Latif in the street, as well as Mary Wiseman, though I missed a couple people. One was Wilson Cruz from My So-Called Life, who I didn’t see but others did. A couple dealers and I walked to their destination, where again Cruz evaded me. Ridiculous. While waiting there, I see Alex Vincent from Child’s Play walk up, and got the photo. I was extremely close to giving up and leaving, when I spot Steve Howey, aka Kev from Shameless walking up with his wife Sarah Shahi. I ran over but he ignored me. Arghhhhhh. Again, I was then just going to leave, when incredibly, he walks out by himself. I know he can be tough, but I asked and he was cool and did a few photos!

I ended the night by hitting another spot, where Steven Spielberg arrived and signed up a storm. Unfortunately, I didn’t have anything to be signed and he did zero photos.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

class316
Marked Out Historian

Re: G2.6K 2017 NYCC PART TWO

Post by class316 » October 16th, 2017, 2:34 am

Greg2600 wrote:
October 15th, 2017, 10:59 pm
However, he’s going to be on Gotham this season, so stupid me now needs him! Anyway, super nice guy. What really stunk was while I got him, Jackie was doing a couple pics behind me, and just as he got to me, a grapher asked for an auto, he declined and went inside. GAhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Told you, always get what's in front of you! It will pay off in the future.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: G2.6K 2017 NYCC PART TWO

Post by WOODMO » October 16th, 2017, 7:23 am

Great job with Mendelsohn!!