Denzel, McConaughey, Alfre, Craig, Doogie & More!!!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Denzel, McConaughey, Alfre, Craig, Doogie & More!!!

Post by heelorton79 » January 28th, 2017, 5:51 pm

After I heard David Garrison from "Married with Children" was around, I made my way over to him. I was a big fan of the show growing up and never had met him before. I became skeptical at first that I was in the right spot, because the main entrance looked shut down. However, it turned out I was in the right area and when Garrison came out, he couldn't have been nicer. While there I also took photos with Jason Sudeikis and actors Thomas Mann and relative newcomer Zane Pais. After this, I headed to another venue for Finn Wittrock. I am a big fan of his work from "American Horror Story" and heard he was as nice as can be. Other names here included Daniel Craig, Rachel Brosnahan and David Oyelowo. I needed Craig, but multiple collectors had told me that he does not stop at the venue, so I wasn't concentrating on him. Rachel exited first and I scored the photo. Unfortunately, everyone after that pretty much exited at the same time from a couple of different exits. Craig was the one I actually saw and so I approached him. He was actually kind of cool, but you could tell he didn't really want to do it. Nonetheless, he took photos with my friend and I, saying he did not want to make a habit of it, and then he signed for my friend and a few others. Immediately after, I saw Finn across the street, turning the corner. I went after him, but I lost him in the NYC crowd. I did not see anyone else that evening. I went back the next night, or the night after and ran into Marked Out legend Joresky. I was able to complete the rest of the cast (of those I wanted) that evening. Interestingly, on this night Rachel used the exit Finn did the night before and vice versa.

Alfre Woodard is a name I wanted for quite some time. Besides being a phenomenal actress, she doubled for me as I needed her for both my "True Blood" and "Desperate Housewives" collections. She was joined by Neil Patrick Harris, who would be another brand new name for me and another "American Horror Story" cast member. My quest was cut short when I learned of a sneak for Denzel Washington. I already had a perfect photo with him from 2005, but my friend (who already had the pic too) and I wanted an autograph, and I would wouldn't mind a photo update, so we went. The spot had about a total of 10 people and on the way out Denzel, being is usual self, was a bit odd. Anyway, he counted the heads and started going down the line. He signed and posed with me for the photo. Now that I have two pics a decade apart, I don't think I will be going for him ever again. My quest for Alfre resumed, as I went to another low-key spot. Neil Patrick Harris exited first, and surprisingly he stopped and signed for my friend, saying "I am going to sign now". The two of us were able to get the photo as well. Alfre was next and I was the first to approach her. She was totally cool and very approachable, but said if she did one for me she would have to do for everyone. I asked again, citing some old school work she had done, but that prompted her to agree to do a "group selfie". At this point there were a lot of passerbyes, and I was pretty much one of only two or three people who wanted the photo anyway. I was not having this. After her 15-person selfie (which I refused to participate in), she finally agreed to take the picture with me and my friend. This marks by 22nd "True Blood" name and 23rd photo altogether; it is probably around the same for my "Desperate Housewives" collection. Lemony Snicket himself, author Daniel Handler, was next. I took multiple photos with him in an attempt to get him to look into the camera. I was then informed that that his part of the story-line in the books..looking away or something like that. I couldn't wait for Patrick Warburton, since I had to head to another spot but I did end of getting him somewhere else a day or two later.

On another day, I scored Matthew McConaughey. This was a great new name for me and the fact that he wouldn't sign for any of the graphers there was the cherry on top! I also got photos with Edgar Ramirez and the Oscar winning writer of Traffic, Stephen Gaghan...both of these guys extremely nice. Bryce Dallas Howard, who is another fan friendly celeb, was not able to stop because of another event she was rushing to;I did get her on a later try though.

Denzel Washington
#Fences #Glory #Training Day #St. Elsewhere #2x Oscar winner #legendary

Matthew McConaughey
#Gold #Dallas Buyers Club #Dazed & Confused #True Detective #Oscar winner #A-List

David Gaghan
#director/writer #Traffic #Syriana #Oscar winner #comeback kid

Bryce Dallas Howard
#Gold #The Help #Jurassic World #Hollywood royalty

Edgar Ramirez
#Carlos #Bourne Ultimatum #Domino #Hands of Stone #Emmy nod

Alfre Woodard
#Cross Creek #Desperate Housewives #True Blood #Hill Street #L.A. Law #4x Emmy Winner #Oscar nod

Neil Patrick Harris
#Doogie #AHS #HIMYM #awards host

Patrick Warburton
#Unfortunate Events #Seinfeld #Family Guy

Daniel Handler
#Lemony Snicket

#Unfortunate Events

#author

Daniel Craig
#007 #Bond 25 #Dragon Tattoo

Finn Wittrock
#AHS #La La Land #Masters of Sex

Rachel Brosnehan
#House of Cards #Beautiful Creatures #Emmy nod

David Oyelowo
#Selma #The Butler #Nightingale #Emmy nod

David Garrison
#MWC #Steve #Wicked

Jason Sudeikis
#SNL #Horrible Bosses #The Cleveland Show #fucks Olivia WIlde

Thomas Mann
#Beautiful Creatures #Project X

Zane Pais
#Margot at the Wedding

Ben Rosenfield
#Boardwalk Empire

#no clue #anyone?
Last edited by heelorton79 on January 28th, 2017, 6:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lanza218
Site Admin

Re: Denzel, McConaughey, Alfre, Craig, Doogie & More!!!

Post by lanza218 » January 28th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Denzel and Matthew are really fn awesome. Congrats

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 28th, 2017, 6:16 pm

Wow that's great. MM, Denzel and Craig in particular, very impressive

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » January 29th, 2017, 1:20 am

Killing it in '17

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » January 29th, 2017, 1:05 pm

Matt and Daniel great shots. Craig looks possessed by the Devil though, which may not be far from the truth! Ha ha.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » January 30th, 2017, 1:41 pm

Thanks for the responses!

ivpvideos
IVP Videos

Post by ivpvideos » January 30th, 2017, 3:57 pm

Denzel looks like a cool dude
Go to http://www.ivpvideos.com
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/IVPvideos
Follow us on Twitter @IVPvideos
Shop on Amazon by going to www.amazonIvp.com so I can make some sweet cash.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » January 31st, 2017, 11:17 am

Neil Patrick Harris another name that is nice now but never did it for me all the times I tried :angry14:
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » January 31st, 2017, 2:55 pm

class316 wrote:
January 31st, 2017, 11:17 am
Neil Patrick Harris another name that is nice now but never did it for me all the times I tried :angry14:
He barely stopped that whole tour, we were surprised when he did.

DarkDefender
Marking Out Amateur

Post by DarkDefender » February 12th, 2017, 1:09 am

Great Denzel shot. Every time I saw him last month, he wouldn't stop and pose, just kept saying to "take it".

Joresky

Post by Joresky » February 14th, 2017, 9:07 am

Awesome Denzel pic.. I had him one on one once and he completely ignored me and he had his security guard keep me away from him, I was literally the only one there too

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » February 15th, 2017, 2:16 am

Thanks for the comments!