Cheap Trick - Westbury, NY

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
MrNotorious
Marking Out Amateur

Cheap Trick - Westbury, NY

Post by MrNotorious » August 25th, 2013, 3:33 pm

Hey Everyone! Last night me and my family had a nice outing by seeing Cheap Trick. Being where the venue is we decided to hang out after the show to see if we could meet the band. I brought my Cheap Trick at Budokan Vinyl to get sign be the guitarist Rick Nielson and bassist Tom Petersson. I had met Robin Zander, the singer, at Chiller this past April so I didn't need his autograph on the vinyl but I would definitely go for a second photo if possible.

Short while of waiting and out comes Robin, he went through the line in a quick rush but signed what was in front of him and took pic with those who asked so I was able to score a second pic with him, so far so good. about 10 after Robin finish the line Rick and Tom came out together and went of either side of the line and began going through the line, I was able to get a combo with both. the only thing with Tom was he was moving faster than the others, as soon as he signed my item he moved to the next one and I had to talked him into getting him back over to me to take a pic. But other than that it was very smooth, very relaxed and very successful consider how waiting like this can be a HUGE hit or miss. Overall they are all fan friendly, def recommend meeting these guys if you could.

Also quick note, the drummer Cheap Trick use is Daxx Nielson, he is their touring drummer. Their actual drummer Bun E. Carlos will only record albums, he does not tour with the band anymore. So unless he does a Chiller or something where he is get-able this Vinyl is complete.

Cheap Trick at Budokan Vinyl (Robin - Top Silver, Rick - Black, Tom - Lower Silver):

Robin Zander:

Rick Nielson:

Tom Petersson:

bwo4life
Full Fledged Mark

Re: Cheap Trick - Westbury, NY

Post by bwo4life » August 25th, 2013, 9:23 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WartHog

Post by WartHog » August 25th, 2013, 11:10 pm

I don't think ol' Bun will be doing much with Cheap Trick going forward - even albums. He's suing the band. Plus, I think Rick, Tom, & Robin are happier with the new set-up. I guess Bun never wanted to play more than 80-90 minute shows and he had to write the set-list. I can see that getting old for the other guys...Great score!!

16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times » August 26th, 2013, 7:01 am

Great pics. I love that band.

The great thing about Cheap Trick is they've been around so long, yet still are as much fun as they ever were. I'm like most fans my age.....I saw Cheap Trick in the 80s /the 90s / the 2000s, the rockin' never stops !
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"

Joresky

Post by Joresky » August 26th, 2013, 3:41 pm

Great stuff!!! I've never been successful trying to meet the whole band.. so far I got Robin at Chiller and I got Bun E Carlos after a show... the other bandmembers weren't as accomodating unfortunately. Oh well, guess there will be other chances in the future.