The Lex Express Rolls into Queens, NY!!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
WOODMO
Site Admin

The Lex Express Rolls into Queens, NY!!

Post by WOODMO » March 29th, 2021, 12:59 pm

This weekend was another pair of signings for me. First was Lex Luger at Wrestling Universe, who I actually had 23 things I was getting signed. I had others but I had to draw the line somewhere! I also attended the Gangrel signing at the Long Island Wrestling Universe to get my magazine signed. Jack worked with me since I had a huge number, and that helped. Thanks to Ira and my friend Todd who works at the store for helping me juggle all my stuff. Lex was great, signing however I wanted gladly and doing any inscriptions I asked him to do. I had a bunch of magazines, programs, 11x14s and 11x17s to get signed. I recently unearthed the lineup cards from my first couple of live events as a child, so I scanned them and I am getting the 11x14 versions of them signed.

The next day was real rainy, but luckily it stopped around the time I was planning to leave. Gangrel was 25 mins away in Commack and I had the Brood magazine to get signed, so I took a quick drive over there. There was no line, so I walked in and bullshitted with Jack before getting my magazine signed. Gangrel was cool, and we talked about the rain, living in Florida, etc.

billybatson22
Full Fledged Mark

Re: The Lex Express Rolls into Queens, NY!!

Post by billybatson22 » March 29th, 2021, 2:22 pm

OMG! These came out fantastic! I love the idea of getting the old cards from live events signed. What memories they bring just seeing them.

Wanted to add that I met Lex in December of 1993 at the infamous Red Cross event at the Paramount. He has always been one of my favorites and he signed a whole bunch of stuff for me that night. I always remembered that he held the Sharpie very weird when he signed and I see him doing the same in these photos. Now, back in 1993, he was huge and in incredible shape, and not wheelchair bound. I think I remember he was in a motorcycle accident just prior to leaving WCW for WWF and injured his arm. Wonder if that is why....

Keep up the great work as always!

BTW: Imagine this. The Red Cross event was a tax write off of $95 a ticket. Incredibly it was as many autographs and photo ops you could get in two hours from Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Paul Bearer, Yokozuna, Mr. Fuji, Classy Freddy Blassie, The Smoking Guns, Men On a Mission, Doink, Marty Janetty and more....plus food and drinks. I even got Vince McMahon's autograph and a photo op!

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » April 3rd, 2021, 12:45 pm

billybatson22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 2:22 pm
OMG! These came out fantastic! I love the idea of getting the old cards from live events signed. What memories they bring just seeing them.

Wanted to add that I met Lex in December of 1993 at the infamous Red Cross event at the Paramount. He has always been one of my favorites and he signed a whole bunch of stuff for me that night. I always remembered that he held the Sharpie very weird when he signed and I see him doing the same in these photos. Now, back in 1993, he was huge and in incredible shape, and not wheelchair bound. I think I remember he was in a motorcycle accident just prior to leaving WCW for WWF and injured his arm. Wonder if that is why....

Keep up the great work as always!

BTW: Imagine this. The Red Cross event was a tax write off of $95 a ticket. Incredibly it was as many autographs and photo ops you could get in two hours from Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Paul Bearer, Yokozuna, Mr. Fuji, Classy Freddy Blassie, The Smoking Guns, Men On a Mission, Doink, Marty Janetty and more....plus food and drinks. I even got Vince McMahon's autograph and a photo op!
Thank you man! And yes I noticed that, as I had so many pen switches I had to keep handing them to him just the right way so he could just sign without needing his other hand to reposition it. I wondered if that was a result of what put him in the chair, but apparently not. That event you mentioned sounds incredible, if you get the chance you should post a report on it, I am sure all the users would love to see those photos and autographs.

Anthony18
Marked Out Pro

Post by Anthony18 » April 5th, 2021, 4:18 pm

Great stuff! Who did Man Mountain Rock face that night?

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » April 10th, 2021, 7:55 pm

Great haul, ol' Lex is a shell of his former self, but still has a great signature.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com