First in person wrestling autograph of 2021

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
WOODMO
Site Admin

First in person wrestling autograph of 2021

Post by WOODMO » February 22nd, 2021, 11:58 am

Recently went to a local Sgt Slaughter private signing and got some stuff done. I was able to complete my WM7 piece already signed by Hogan and I added Sarge to a couple of programs. Really love how everything came out, especially the Hogan/Slaughter.

Jason1980s
Marked Out King

Re: First in person wrestling autograph of 2021

Post by Jason1980s » February 24th, 2021, 11:40 am

Very cool. I missed out on meeting Sgt. Slaughter THREE times. First was when he did a minor league ball signing and I had to work-my grandfather went to get me autographs. Second was he did a signing with George's Cards on a superticket in 2008. There was a huge delay so Sgt. was rushing to catch his flight-I had my grandfather get his auto on my items while I walked the line to get the guys staying. Last time was when I was banned from driving for a DUI accident and he was doing a Big Event Show so I couldn't go. I guess you can count a fourth time when my father met him at a hotel during the 1994 HOF induction weekend.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart

Anthony18
Marked Out Pro

Post by Anthony18 » February 24th, 2021, 5:15 pm

I met Sarge last year along with General Adnan at Big Event.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » February 24th, 2021, 5:37 pm

Jason1980s wrote:
February 24th, 2021, 11:40 am
Very cool. I missed out on meeting Sgt. Slaughter THREE times.
Where were you for RetroCon that time he did it?
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Jason1980s
Marked Out King

Post by Jason1980s » February 25th, 2021, 12:11 am

Greg2600 wrote:
February 24th, 2021, 5:37 pm

Where were you for RetroCon that time he did it?

No just the Bowie Baysox signing 2007, Signamania 2008 and Big Event Nov 2017 I missed.

I see this is a K&S signing-both guys are top notch, very honest and customer oriented while taking care of the wrestlers.
PM me!

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » February 25th, 2021, 11:25 am

Thanks all. Keep in mind I first met Sarge probably 15 years ago, along with pretty much everyone else. I just want more stuff signed by these guys before this era is entirely gone.

Jason1980s
Marked Out King

Post by Jason1980s » February 25th, 2021, 12:07 pm

WOODMO wrote:
February 25th, 2021, 11:25 am
Thanks all. Keep in mind I first met Sarge probably 15 years ago, along with pretty much everyone else.
Everyone else except me. LOL. There are some things not meant to be and meeting him is one of them. I guess in hindsight I could have made a bit more effort to do so.
But back to speaking highly about your items-Slaughter is a guy much like Undertaker where you can't read every letter but you can see where he takes time to make it look like a really cool autograph.
PM me!

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » February 25th, 2021, 2:20 pm

Jason1980s wrote:
February 25th, 2021, 12:07 pm
WOODMO wrote:
February 25th, 2021, 11:25 am
Thanks all. Keep in mind I first met Sarge probably 15 years ago, along with pretty much everyone else.
Everyone else except me. LOL. There are some things not meant to be and meeting him is one of them. I guess in hindsight I could have made a bit more effort to do so.
But back to speaking highly about your items-Slaughter is a guy much like Undertaker where you can't read every letter but you can see where he takes time to make it look like a really cool autograph.
No I didn't mean along with every other fan, I meant I already met every wrestler for the most part. I am just now getting extra autographs when I meet whoever I meet again.

As for Sarge's autograph, he was telling everyone at the signing that if you don't get an auto of his with a smiley face it's fake, because he always does that and it is his calling card. That isn't accurate, I have personally gotten some from him without, but still cool he's adding them now.

Jason1980s
Marked Out King

Post by Jason1980s » February 25th, 2021, 4:18 pm

WOODMO wrote:
February 25th, 2021, 2:20 pm

No I didn't mean along with every other fan, I meant I already met every wrestler for the most part. I am just now getting extra autographs when I meet whoever I meet again.

As for Sarge's autograph, he was telling everyone at the signing that if you don't get an auto of his with a smiley face it's fake, because he always does that and it is his calling card. That isn't accurate, I have personally gotten some from him without, but still cool he's adding them now.
I know I was just making a joke. I'm a little bitter I never got to meet him.
Good call on the smiley, I think it's something he's done in the last 15 years but maybe not sooner. I cut out the autograph my father got me in 1994 and it doesn't have the smiley.

Anything Slaughter says should be taken with truck loads of buckets of grains of salt. He will be kayfabe until the end. But I still wish I had a photo with him!
PM me!