MAJOR FIG POD INVADES WU - 11/1/20

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
latinoheat578
Full Fledged Mark

MAJOR FIG POD INVADES WU - 11/1/20

Post by latinoheat578 » November 2nd, 2020, 3:36 pm

Headed out to Commack, LI yesterday with Marcus for the grand opening of the latest Wrestling Universe store. Jack held a free signing (with purchase of an 8x10) with Brian Myers (aka Curt Hawkins), Hornswoggle and producer of the Major Wrestling Figure Podcast , ‘Smart’ Mark Sterling (who recently played MJF’s attorney in AEW. The deal was you buy Jack’s photo (they had multiple 8x10s of each as well as an 11x14 of all 3 guests together) and it would entitled you to get that signed plus 3 additional autographs from each on your items at no additional cost. Got to Marcus’ around 11:30 and we headed out. Got to the store at about 1:20 and there were about 15/20 people in line. Got our photos for the signing and waited on line outside. Luckily we had umbrellas and had our items in the car to avoid getting them wet. Myers and company showed up at about 1:35, greeted us all outside and went in to set up. They all had their own gimmicks to sell as well. The line started moving at around 1:45. WU was great about social distancing and not allowing too many I in the store at once. When it was finally our turn we went up and said hello. Brian and Mark know us by know from past events and seeing our names on the group’s FB page. I opted to go with the 11x14 and got all 3 of them. Had Myers sign a 16x20 print of him from WM35 for fellow member Josh K, a trading card that Marcus created for him and Sterling and a prior opp from the first time I met him at the Undertaker signing in Tampa in 2010. Also picked up 2 of his new Micro Brawler figures that were released. I had Mark signed the trading card as well. Hornswoggle signed a prior opp and a figure of his. All the while they were vlogging for the pod so I think we were on for quite a bit as we had some cool original items. After that I took a group shot with all 3 and a solo with just Sterling as he was the last member of the podcast I didn’t have a photo with and he was in his AEW gear from his match against Jon Moxley!! Collected our items, said goodbye and headed out. All in all a fun time, albeit further away than his other location. But I would definitely go right for the right guest !!

lanza218
Site Admin

Re: MAJOR FIG POD INVADES WU - 11/1/20

Post by lanza218 » November 2nd, 2020, 4:33 pm

FYi some of the pics arent showing up, but saw them on social.media. good stuff

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » November 2nd, 2020, 5:49 pm

Love the photo you had Brian sign.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » November 12th, 2020, 7:36 pm

Great stuff dude! You were in my neck of the woods.