From the Greater Philadelphia to Steel City

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Cozmik
Marking Out Amateur

From the Greater Philadelphia to Steel City

Post by Cozmik » April 14th, 2019, 11:56 am

This past weekend, I headed over to Oaks, Pa for the Great Philadelphia Comic Con. I got over to the con a few minutes after the start time of 1:00pm Friday and got in the advanced tickets line which ran around the front and 1 side of the building. It was close to 1:45 before I got in the building. That was really the only problem I had with the con and they fixed it for Saturday.

Stop one was the line for Alice Cooper since it seemed much smaller than I thought it would get. I saw Alice when he was at Steel City last year and he had a significant line. About a month after that the Alice Cooper Funko Pop came out so I was happy for a chance to get him to sign one.

Next it was over to Nick Frost, best known for his roles as Simon Pegg's mate in "Shaun of the Dead", "Hot Fuzz" and "World's End", for a signed photo, selfie and a signed Funko Pop.
NickFrost_small.jpg
NickFrostAutographSmall.jpg
NickFrostPop.jpg
Then it was over to Keone Young. I am a big fan of "Deadwood" and we talked about the series and the coming HBO movie and the "hang dai" sign he did with Al Swearengen in Deadwood and we are doing in my photo with him. He said it's an old Tong sign for "brother". He offered to use "the word" he used often on Deadwood on my autograph but I thought I better pass. But I did have him do another autograph with it for a friend I got into Deadwood who will appreciate it.
KeoneYoung_small.jpg
KeoneYoungAutographSmall.jpg
Then it was over to Jeffrey Combs, known for "Reanimator" and multiple recurring roles on different star Trek series. I got him to sign a picture as Weyoun from "Deep Space Nine" and a selfie.
JeffreyCombs_small.jpg
JeffreyCombsAutographSmall.jpg
Finally Friday, I met Malcolm Goodwin of I Zombie
MalcolmGoodwinAutographSmall.jpg
MalcolmGoodwin_small.jpg
I was done with those a bit after 3 and hung around a bit waiting for Anson Mount who had been scheduled to be there Friday. Finally, I checked the website and found out he was now not coming until Saturday so I was done.

Saturday morning, they did better at admission letting people go through bag check before the opening and having everyone wait in a panel room until 10:00.

I had 2 people I wanted to get Saturday. First it was Anson Mount, who's been killing it with his potrayal of Captain Christopher Pike on Star Trek: Discovery this season. Its a shame Pike will be returning to the Enterprise and he'll no longer be a regular on Discovery.
AnsonMount_small.jpg
AnsonMountAutographSmall.jpg
Then it was over to Nana Visitor, Major Kira on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine for a combo and I was back on the road home.
NanaVisitor_small.jpg
NanaVisitorAutographSmall.jpg
This con was the same weekend at Steel City which I was not going to for the first time in several years because they had non one I was interested in that I needed. But a couple weeks ago they added Robert Duncan McNeill, "Tom Paris" from Star Trek: Voyager. So I stopped off at Monroeville on the way home too grab a combo with him.
RobertDuncanMcNeill_small.jpg
RobertDuncanMcNeillAutographSmall.jpg

ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: From the Greater Philadelphia to Steel City

Post by ICW » April 14th, 2019, 1:50 pm

Awesome stuff, man. I'll definitely miss Pike on Discovery :(
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

crossfire
Marked Out Pro

Post by crossfire » April 14th, 2019, 8:19 pm

Great stuff. Love deadwood!!!

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » April 15th, 2019, 11:37 am

Awesome!!

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » April 16th, 2019, 3:03 pm

I've met them all, and to a person, such a nice array of people. Had great convo's with the Trek people and Keone in the past.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com