Dean Ambrose dislike.

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro

Dean Ambrose dislike.

Post by Jason1980s » August 20th, 2019, 8:23 pm

Since I don't want to hijack anyone's success threads I have to vent of my extreme dislike for Dean Ambrose or whoever he is calling himself. I truly hope he will be the next "lonely Virgil" in the memes. I don't know how good his wrestling talent is nor do I care to ever watch his matches simply for the way he treats the fans in his photo ops, whether free or paid. I think he's like the same age as most of us fans so you'd think he grew up a fan and would appreciate the fans base more. Even his photo with his trainer at Cauliflower Alley looks like he just couldn't care less. He's doing the "fist up" pose and frown like he just doesn't even care. He seems to have no respect for anyone in "this business" where respect is a must or one will be punished.

I really don't buy merchandise any more but when I do it's generally a DVD but I will not even spend $10 on a 12 rounds franchise DVD so as not give one single penny to his wealth. I enjoyed the John Cena and Randy Orton versions but will not buy the three pack with the Ambrose version. I hope he has to rely on indy gimmick tables for the rest of his career with only non paying fans even approaching his table. To me, this "individual" does not deserve to be on the same page with so many legends and up and comers who truly do care about the fans and you guys have taken pictures with. As Jim Ross said of Psycho Sid at Survivor Series 1995 "save your camera, he's not worth the film."
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Dean Ambrose dislike.

Post by WOODMO » August 20th, 2019, 9:27 pm

Have you personally met him?

What it seemed his AEW contract is worth, he’ll be fine.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » August 20th, 2019, 9:37 pm

I've had one experience with him:

It was after a Smackdown at the Prudential Center (the night the HEADBANGERS randomly returned). My friend and I exit the arena and we see a large crowd gathered in the parking lot. We realized that some of the talent had parked in that lot and had to go through the fans to get to their cars. My friend and I crossed the street and sort of observed the madness.

Ambrose eventually came out and he was obviously mobbed by fans. He had this dead look in his eyes, hood over his head, and just slowly walked by everyone. He eventually passed me (I was right near his SUV) and I decided to ask for a photo and he ignored me (and everyone). He put his bag in the trunk, got into the backseat, and the SUV drove away.

NOW with that being said...

Listen to his appearance on Jericho's podcast that dropped after Double or Nothing. He's very passionate about wrestling and he seems totally reinvigorated. I just don't think he's the type of guy who's going to be happy go lucky with fans
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » August 20th, 2019, 9:44 pm

I've never met him, so I'm just commenting on what's been said in this thread. To me, I have no problem with a celeb blowing off fans at street-type spots after shows. Would it be nice if he stopped and took care of everybody? Of course, but he's on his own personal time and he doesn't owe fans anything.

However, if he's being aloof and cranky during PAID settings, that's totally different and dickish. If you don't want to meet with fans, don't take the booking. But if you're going to take money from fans for graphs or pics, you should be professional enough to give every one of those paying fans a positive enough experience to get their money's worth.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » August 20th, 2019, 9:50 pm

His demeanor at NEW looked bad. Even Punk, Rollins, Sasha, who hate street stuff actually put on their game faces and act nice enough at paid appearances

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » August 20th, 2019, 10:02 pm

I've met Ambrose at both hotels and airports multiple times and while there was a short time frame he was nasty for the most part he has been fine. I have gotten his auto and op a few times. Most recently I scored the beard shot shortly before he left WWE.

Don't know when ICW saw him but outside an arena with a mob scene like that I wouldn't expect the nicest of the nice to stop.
WOODMO wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 9:50 pm
His demeanor at NEW looked bad. Even Punk, Rollins, Sasha, who hate street stuff actually put on their game faces and act nice enough at paid appearances
Rollins is fine on the street, whether or not he hates it.
Last edited by class316 on August 21st, 2019, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

crossfire
Marked Out Pro

Post by crossfire » August 20th, 2019, 10:49 pm

Ehh. I met Ambrose this past Sunday at a NEW show. He was fine. He asked people “how you doing?” He said “thanks for coming out” or “have fun”. He did the shield fist every time he was asked. He hugged a young female fan when asked.

So did he look happy? Who cares? I never understood fans obsession with a wrestler “being super nice”. I got what I paid for. A photograph and a autograph. He wasn’t super nice but neither am I. Big deal.

Now if he was a dick or rude to them, then i understand.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » August 21st, 2019, 7:57 am

class316 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 10:02 pm
I've met Ambrose at both hotels and airports multiple times and while there was a short time frame he was nasty for the most part he has been fine. I have gotten his auto and op a few times. Most recently I scored the beard shot shortly before he left WWE.

Don't know when ICW saw him but outside an arena with a mob scene like that I wouldn't expect the nicest of the nice to stop.
This was 2016 or 2017 -- and many talent did stop. Ryder, Roaddogg, Alexa Bliss (and someone else), Mike Chioda.

The only guys who ignored everyone were Ambrose and AJ Styles, who locked himself out of his car
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!

Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro

Post by Jason1980s » August 21st, 2019, 9:34 am

WOODMO wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 9:27 pm
Have you personally met him?

What it seemed his AEW contract is worth, he’ll be fine.
I have never met him but I've seen enough fan photo ops and/or reports to see it's the norm for him to look disinterested in photo ops, even in paid situations. If he doesn't want to do it then he should feel big enough a star to tell the promoter he doesn't want to. I get the fans are paying for a single product only, an autograph or a photo op or both and not an amazing experience with the celebrity but as a consumer I wouldn't buy a product from someone who has an obvious disinterest in his fan base like he does and I hope others won't either. I know my not buying his 12 Rounds DVD won't hurt him at all but perhaps if enough fans see how poor his attitude is, then maybe they will bypass his table at the autograph shows.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » August 21st, 2019, 9:41 am

I’ve met Dean 3 times, 1 hotel & 2 paid. At the hotel he hadn’t debut on TV yet so he was relatively unknown & was decent with the fans. He was pretty much the same at both signings; he didn’t look happy to be there, but he was cordial.

Anthony18
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Anthony18 » August 21st, 2019, 2:34 pm

crossfire wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 10:49 pm
Ehh. I met Ambrose this past Sunday at a NEW show. He was fine. He asked people “how you doing?” He said “thanks for coming out” or “have fun”. He did the shield fist every time he was asked. He hugged a young female fan when asked.

So did he look happy? Who cares? I never understood fans obsession with a wrestler “being super nice”. I got what I paid for. A photograph and a autograph. He wasn’t super nice but neither am I. Big deal.

Now if he was a dick or rude to them, then i understand.
Nah a wrestler should always be nice to a person who paid for their autograph and to get a pic. It's a courtesy. Just like giving a tip. You don't have to give it, but it's the right thing to do. I'm glad I've never met Jon Moxley.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » August 21st, 2019, 2:45 pm

I find the whole "are they nice" thing completely subjective. If the wrestler greets me, signs my shit, and takes the photo then I got what I paid for and I wouldn't consider them "mean" or anything.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » August 21st, 2019, 3:00 pm

ICW wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 7:57 am

This was 2016 or 2017 -- and many talent did stop. Ryder, Roaddogg, Alexa Bliss (and someone else), Mike Chioda.

The only guys who ignored everyone were Ambrose and AJ Styles, who locked himself out of his car
Yea you have the odd here and there that stop but generally most won't. AJ Styles for instance is always great if you see him on the street. Yet he didn't stop when you saw him at the arena.

I also agree I could care less if a wrestler is overly nice if you pay them. If they are polite and give you what you pay for that's what matters.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

Anthony18
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Anthony18 » August 21st, 2019, 3:12 pm

ICW wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 2:45 pm
I find the whole "are they nice" thing completely subjective. If the wrestler greets me, signs my shit, and takes the photo then I got what I paid for and I wouldn't consider them "mean" or anything.
I've seen you at several cons and you seem to be annoyed if a wrestler isn't nice. Like New Jack at Day of Extreme.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » August 21st, 2019, 3:46 pm

Anthony18 wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 3:12 pm
ICW wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 2:45 pm
I've seen you at several cons and you seem to be annoyed if a wrestler isn't nice. Like New Jack at Day of Extreme.
New Jack is New Jack lol.