Will there be a future Fan Fest Event?

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
Greg2600

Re: Will there be a future Fan Fest Event?

Post by Greg2600 » August 28th, 2019, 9:34 pm

ConventionFan wrote:
August 28th, 2019, 7:59 pm
Walker Stalker in Atlanta is already around 75 guests and still growing. Not sure what to make of the large guest list.
That was always their center piece convention, because TWD films there, so they used to get the whole cast, including Lincoln. They've simply kept it up as their big one I guess due to a consistent crowd size.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

ConventionFan

Post by ConventionFan » August 29th, 2019, 9:58 am

Greg2600 wrote:
August 28th, 2019, 9:34 pm
ConventionFan wrote:
August 28th, 2019, 7:59 pm
Walker Stalker in Atlanta is already around 75 guests and still growing. Not sure what to make of the large guest list.
That was always their center piece convention, because TWD films there, so they used to get the whole cast, including Lincoln. They've simply kept it up as their big one I guess due to a consistent crowd size.
So it should be viewed as Atlanta being a super con with a massive guest and not a last hoorah? I'm under the impression that Atlanta and New Jersey are Fanfests/Walker Stalker's biggest money makers.

Cozmik
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Cozmik » September 27th, 2019, 2:02 pm

Fan Fest Events announced that after 2020 Walker Stalker con will only be held in Atlanta. During 2020, other than Atlanta, Walker Stalker Con will only be held as a co-show with Fan Fest Events in Nashville, London, Chicago and New Jersey. Fan Fest Events will continue in those cities (and more) in 2021.

class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 » September 27th, 2019, 7:27 pm

So in answer to the topic question, basically yes.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » October 16th, 2019, 9:18 pm

So this was just posted by Full Empire Promotions, one of the most well known booking agents around, on Facebook:
Full Empire Promotions
3 hrs ·

CANCELLATIONS!! Walker Stalker Convention
Sadly we are forced to cancel DYLAN MCDERMOTT, RILEY SCHMIDT, JEREMY DAVIES, AMY GUMENICK, ANDREW DIVOFF, MITCH PILEGGI, ANNABETH GISH, and WILLIAM B. DAVIS from their appearance at Walker Stalker/Fan Fest this weekend in Atlanta. Our clients were excited to be there to meet their fans and were more than patient, but Walker Stalker never booked travel to the event and as of today (24 hours before travel date) are waiting on confirmation on other contractual obligations that have not been met by Fan Fest/Walker Stalker. We are very sorry for the fans who were coming to meet our clients and hope to see you at a non Fan Fest event. If you see any of the above talent still be advertised to appear in Atlanta this weekend, please be sure to understand that this is coming from their official management team and they will NOT be in Atlanta.
Once again, how are these people still in business?

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » October 18th, 2019, 9:00 pm

I don’t worry about shows I don’t go to. Tough break for these fans..they stay in business bc this is only way to have a shot to meet these people. Not everyone can street meet so this is all these people have. I just wouldn’t buy in advance. Not sure why people rush to buy things in advance. Always a risk, have to expect the worst.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » October 18th, 2019, 11:19 pm

Hey, I would love their Atlanta lineup, they had Fear TWD cast and Thora Birch, but we never get them up here.

MrTonyRuben
Marked Out Pro

Post by MrTonyRuben » October 20th, 2019, 3:39 am

Oh from reading about it on Facebook & Twitter, it’s a shit show. They deleted a lot comments on FB, so Twitter is the place to look. Some of the “highlights”:

The photo op company (Froggy’s) either left early or quit during the show
A near assault with a real weapon in a guest line.
FBI on scene for fraud investigation

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » October 20th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Wow, I read some of this stuff on Twitter. Yikes. And watching that woman get kicked out was interesting.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » October 20th, 2019, 12:17 pm

Jeffrey Dean Morgan's booth literally collapsed over night. Also accusations of hotel rooms of fans being canceled because the con reneged on discounts.

Nicksfan23
Marked Out Pro

Post by Nicksfan23 » October 30th, 2019, 12:54 am

They are done most likely with tons of actors backing out now including most of Walking Dead, Amy Gumerson and Mitch Pileggi. Plus they cancelled ticket sales. I loved the convention and Platinum was worth the price. But the green room lunch was run awfully where they had a bunch of curtains seperating the celebs from the fans. Even just taking that down and letting fans decide if they want to sit with the actors would have been nice.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » October 30th, 2019, 9:45 am

https://www.wsmv.com/call_4_action/walk ... dd4b9.html

Rough. I'd say they're done, even with the Fan Fest rebranding.

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » October 30th, 2019, 11:04 am

Is there a single article out there detailing everything that went wrong? I know there are bits and pieces here and there but I would love to hear the entire thing in one digestible piece...

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » October 30th, 2019, 1:33 pm

I doubt there is, as no legit reporter would care to cover it over a long period of time. Well, the Cooper, Khary, few others, have been pissed with them for awhile now. From memory, much of the problems began in London. There were typical cancellations, and for whatever the reason, the company was not issuing refunds. This went on for some time. That pissed a lot of people, including the actors, off. IMO that smacked of financial improprieties. Why wasn't the money available to issue the refunds? Anywho, you had tons of guests back out for Atlanta simply for not having their deals fully honored. As I said, I feel like the main issue here was one of accounting. I wouldn't be surprised if there was malfeasance in that regard.

Nicksfan23
Marked Out Pro

Post by Nicksfan23 » October 30th, 2019, 3:59 pm

This isnt a bad thing for me. It means more money for the nationals in AC. Vending spaces already sold out