What is the lowest thing you or heard of someone doing for a combo

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
Locked
User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 5082
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: What is the lowest thing you or heard of someone doing for a combo

Post by Greg2600 » June 4th, 2019, 10:58 am

Well I for one have always enjoyed AJLe handing him a dunce cap. I have to second Lanza though, most people in the past, past, who said they left due to Class in reality simply didn't feel like using the board anymore. They banned him, nobody came back, and in fact he had several people requesting his return, which hardly anyone objected to. The few recent departures directly tied to Class were due to incidents in person, not on the board.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com


crossfire
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 249
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 4:08 pm

Re: What is the lowest thing you or heard of someone doing for a combo

Post by crossfire » June 4th, 2019, 11:03 am

ICW wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 9:56 am
I feel like we have this same conversation so often but ultimately nothing changes. He does or says something and inevitably we end up taking the bait.

I think the simplest course of action is to just ignore the bullshit. I don't get the point in offering up rationalization to his madness.
Exactly!

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1630
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: What is the lowest thing you or heard of someone doing for a combo

Post by ICW » June 4th, 2019, 11:10 am

Greg2600 wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 10:58 am
Well I for one have always enjoyed AJLe handing him a dunce cap. I have to second Lanza though, most people in the past, past, who said they left due to Class in reality simply didn't feel like using the board anymore. They banned him, nobody came back, and in fact he had several people requesting his return, which hardly anyone objected to. The few recent departures directly tied to Class were due to incidents in person, not on the board.
I enjoy it to a degree. AJLe is great at verbalizing what we're all thinking but it just seems a little pointless when Class will simply offer up a bizarre rationalization or analogy to whatever point he makes. That ends up turning into, what, a 3-6 page thread and after a while it gets stale. I think if you're truly over with him then it's best to simply ignore him.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

User avatar
AJLe
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1383
Joined: March 22nd, 2014, 4:52 pm

Re: What is the lowest thing you or heard of someone doing for a combo

Post by AJLe » June 4th, 2019, 11:15 am

Greg2600 wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 10:58 am
Well I for one have always enjoyed AJLe handing him a dunce cap. I have to second Lanza though, most people in the past, past, who said they left due to Class in reality simply didn't feel like using the board anymore. They banned him, nobody came back, and in fact he had several people requesting his return, which hardly anyone objected to. The few recent departures directly tied to Class were due to incidents in person, not on the board.
I never get the "nobody came back" argument - Say you run a restaurant, and one of the cooks spits in people's food and routinely vomits on the floor. Customers stop coming in because they don't like dealing with spit and vomit while they eat, so you fire the cook. Then after a couple of months you say "Hey, all of the customers who left because of the vomiting cook never came back, so let's rehire him". Then you seem surprised when he starts vomiting all over the place again, and even more customers eventually start leaving.

Once people get annoyed enough to leave it's probably too late to save them regardless of what happens next. The goal should be to not have the same person repeatedly running posters off in the first place.

User avatar
oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1179
Joined: March 21st, 2008, 11:21 am

Re: What is the lowest thing you or heard of someone doing for a combo

Post by oldschoolwwwf » June 4th, 2019, 11:32 am

I have yet to be offended or annoyed by anything class has done at a convention or street meet or posted on this board that related to a convention / meeting/ autograph or photo op...because guess what? It’s just not important in any way whatsoever.


ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1630
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: What is the lowest thing you or heard of someone doing for a combo

Post by ICW » June 4th, 2019, 11:53 am

oldschoolwwwf wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 11:32 am
I have yet to be offended or annoyed by anything class has done at a convention or street meet or posted on this board that related to a convention / meeting/ autograph or photo op...because guess what? It’s just not important in any way whatsoever.
I think this misses the larger point: other people don't necessarily think like you and they might be turned off joining Marked Out because they're turned off by Class -- not necessarily by his antics but how the entire board seemingly revolves around him.

I swear to all of you that I've met people at conventions who say, "I lurk the board but I've never signed up because that Class guy is insane" or "Seems like that Class guy gets away with everything on the board."
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

User avatar
oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1179
Joined: March 21st, 2008, 11:21 am

Re: What is the lowest thing you or heard of someone doing for a combo

Post by oldschoolwwwf » June 4th, 2019, 11:55 am

My response would be then quit, or don’t join then.

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1630
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: What is the lowest thing you or heard of someone doing for a combo

Post by ICW » June 4th, 2019, 11:58 am

oldschoolwwwf wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 11:55 am
My response would be then quit, or don’t join then.
You're entitled to that opinion - and I'm not sure that's even a wrong attitude to have because, again, the board should just ignore him - but that also stunts the growth of the board. The board revolving around ONE person is usually a bad thing.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 5082
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: What is the lowest thing you or heard of someone doing for a combo

Post by Greg2600 » June 4th, 2019, 12:02 pm

I've never heard that complaint, and I always get stopped at cons by the many lurkers there are. I try to get them to post, but usually they just aren't that much into being social on here. Which is fine. I tell them don't worry about posting reports, as that's not for everyone, but at least post about signings/cons/whatever. I HATE Facebook discussions, so for me a true forum has always been preferable.

We also try to split off Class-chatter, so to ICW's complain, you can ignore it if you choose. Believe me, we have flat out deleted most of his brain farts over the years. That said, many people do say to me, "What the hell did Class do now? I can't believe what he did this time?" This incident is simply another one of those.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1630
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: What is the lowest thing you or heard of someone doing for a combo

Post by ICW » June 4th, 2019, 12:12 pm

The oddest complaint I've ever received was from a former member/lurker who told me that he doesn't visit anymore because "all you guys do is post about upcoming book signings." That's just bizarre and false but whatever.

If he isn't going to be banned once again - and I get the sense that's not going to happen - then I really think/hope members just ignore him. Don't take the bait, don't point that what he's doing is wrong or bizarre, don't argue his crazy analogies. Just ignore it.

I suspect that won't happen, though, and the board will continue to revolve around him and his antics and there will be a similar thread in a month or so filled with the same points we're making right now
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

User avatar
oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1179
Joined: March 21st, 2008, 11:21 am

Re: What is the lowest thing you or heard of someone doing for a combo

Post by oldschoolwwwf » June 4th, 2019, 12:18 pm

I don’t think he bragged about the blind thing...other members brought it up.

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 5082
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: What is the lowest thing you or heard of someone doing for a combo

Post by Greg2600 » June 4th, 2019, 12:25 pm

oldschoolwwwf wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 12:18 pm
I don’t think he bragged about the blind thing...other members brought it up.
The old Class would have, and most of us probably would have yucked it up. The current Class, though, is paranoid over everything. I mean, he cut out Julie Andrews from op of the decade because she told him not to post it. A woman who probably can't turn a PC on.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

User avatar
16times
Marked Out King
Posts: 639
Joined: June 6th, 2010, 8:53 pm

Re: What is the lowest thing you or heard of someone doing for a combo

Post by 16times » June 4th, 2019, 12:27 pm

Didn't Class once pretend to be deaf in order to get a picture with Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley at a "no photos" booksigning ?
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"
Image

User avatar
oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1179
Joined: March 21st, 2008, 11:21 am

Re: What is the lowest thing you or heard of someone doing for a combo

Post by oldschoolwwwf » June 4th, 2019, 12:58 pm

16times wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 12:27 pm
Didn't Class once pretend to be deaf in order to get a picture with Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley at a "no photos" booksigning ?
Nothing is going to beat a blind guy asking a celeb if he can have a photo op.

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 5082
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: What is the lowest thing you or heard of someone doing for a combo

Post by Greg2600 » June 4th, 2019, 1:15 pm

16times wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 12:27 pm
Didn't Class once pretend to be deaf in order to get a picture with Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley at a "no photos" booksigning ?
There was a legit deaf guy, Raul, from NYC. Class used him to get the pic.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com


Locked