WWE.com posts gallery of future stars w/wrestlers from the past (Reigns with Elizabeth and Savage)

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
ICW
Marked Out Master

WWE.com posts gallery of future stars w/wrestlers from the past (Reigns with Elizabeth and Savage)

Post by ICW » March 22nd, 2019, 8:18 am

Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Re: WWE.com posts gallery of future stars w/wrestlers from the past (Reigns with Elizabeth and Savage)

Post by AJLe » March 22nd, 2019, 8:29 am

Growing up with a father in the business in the 80's, I imagine Roman has epic pics with all of the top WWF names. I know there's this famous one of him as a baby with Hulkamania era Hogan.
BabyRoman.jpg

class316
Marked Out Historian

Re: WWE.com posts gallery of future stars w/wrestlers from the past (Reigns with Elizabeth and Savage)

Post by class316 » March 22nd, 2019, 11:49 am

Wow that Hogan op is awesome. There's also one with Randy Orton and Hulk Hogan.

Looking at those Sasha Banks photos you would think she would understand more. Even Bailey has soured up a little lately. Goes to show you how people can be.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » March 22nd, 2019, 12:25 pm

People dont know how the act. That's the problem. Even ryder has soured

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » March 22nd, 2019, 12:32 pm

Almost every wrestler likely "sours up" eventually, because they get hit up in every airport, every hotel, every bar, etc. for years straight, and often by the same exact people in the big cities - and often by social misfits, who can't even be bothered with simple courtesy and common sense. I'm sure that when most wrestlers first get over, it's awesome and flattering when people hit you up for graphs and photos, but as the years go by, and they get off a long flight, and get immediately met by the same exact "Philly Crew", or "New York Crew" of graphers every single time they go there, I'm sure it gets really old, really quick.

God bless the people who stay nice for long periods of time, but this hobby has nobody to blame but itself for burning celebs out in general, but especially the wrestlers, since due to the nature of their road schedule, they are more easily accessible than most celebs.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » March 22nd, 2019, 3:02 pm

AJLe wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 12:32 pm
Almost every wrestler likely "sours up" eventually, because they get hit up in every airport, every hotel, every bar, etc. for years straight, and often by the same exact people in the big cities - and often by social misfits, who can't even be bothered with simple courtesy and common sense. I'm sure that when most wrestlers first get over, it's awesome and flattering when people hit you up for graphs and photos, but as the years go by, and they get off a long flight, and get immediately met by the same exact "Philly Crew", or "New York Crew" of graphers every single time they go there, I'm sure it gets really old, really quick.

God bless the people who stay nice for long periods of time, but this hobby has nobody to blame but itself for burning celebs out in general, but especially the wrestlers, since due to the nature of their road schedule, they are more easily accessible than most celebs.
While I do agree with most of what you say, don't forget that they sign up for this life. It comes with the territory. There are ways they can find a balance. Do photo ops and don't sign more than 1-2 items per person. Or shut off autos altogether. This will weed out a lot of dealers and keep all the real fans.

Though you over estimate their memories. I've been doing WWE hotels since about 2006 and airports since 2007. Nobody ever indicates they remember me. The sole exception to this is Byron Saxton who knows my face after multiple conversations. There was even a time Sheamus recognized me after 2 days he goes "you're chasing me EVERYWHERE Steven, you're chasing me EVERYWHERE". Next tour he saw me, nada.

Plus there's the issue of access. Fans have desires. They have to find alternative means for these desires because the powers that be make it hard otherwise.

Take me for instance. Do I love to bother them at 5AM at the airport as CM Punk once put it? No I do not. I hate sleeping in the airport parking lot, waking up at 3-4 AM, then annoying them at the crack of dawn. But what is my alternative? The arena with no access? The hotel where I will have 25% of success, dedicate many more hours, and have the hotel staff threaten to call police on me? Axxess where I won't be able to get anywhere close to what I get at the airport? One off signings where I have to dedicate hours to get 1-2 people? Wait till SOME of them do cons and pay tons of money? Getting 20-25 names in one 2-3 hour clean sweep is just too damn seductive and unmatched.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » March 22nd, 2019, 3:08 pm

class316 wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 3:02 pm

Take me for instance. Do I love to bother them at 5AM at the airport as CM Punk once put it? No I do not. I hate sleeping in the airport parking lot, waking up at 3-4 AM, then annoying them at the crack of dawn. But what is my alternative?
Living a normal, fulfilling life, to the point where you don't feel the unquenchable need to get a combo with EVERY wrestler who was ever on the WWE/WCW/ECW/TNA/etc. roster? :shrug:

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » March 22nd, 2019, 3:25 pm

AJLe wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 3:08 pm
class316 wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 3:02 pm

Take me for instance. Do I love to bother them at 5AM at the airport as CM Punk once put it? No I do not. I hate sleeping in the airport parking lot, waking up at 3-4 AM, then annoying them at the crack of dawn. But what is my alternative?
Living a normal, fulfilling life, to the point where you don't feel the unquenchable need to get a combo with EVERY wrestler who was ever on the WWE/WCW/ECW/TNA/etc. roster? :shrug:
Yes Steve especially with whispers of your new found wealth ( buying a new car, paying scalper prices for Shane McMahon), I would think you would want to find other ways to spend your riches and not stress over every person that has appeared on wwe tv.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » March 22nd, 2019, 3:52 pm

oldschoolwwwf wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 3:25 pm

Yes Steve especially with whispers of your new found wealth ( buying a new car, paying scalper prices for Shane McMahon), I would think you would want to find other ways to spend your riches and not stress over every person that has appeared on wwe tv.
If incurring debt means being rich then I'm a rich man.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » March 22nd, 2019, 4:06 pm

The photos were very cool. Many backstage or at public events. Ironically NONE at airports or hotels of talent. Shocking. Real fans don't need to harass these people at airports. If you want a photo op, fine, but these people go every time the circus is in town.

I have incredible respect for the ones who can't be bothered in those places.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » March 22nd, 2019, 4:11 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 4:06 pm
The photos were very cool. Many backstage or at public events. Ironically NONE at airports or hotels of talent. Shocking. Real fans don't need to harass these people at airports. If you want a photo op, fine, but these people go every time the circus is in town.

To say that so called real fans don't bother people at those hotels is laughable. These fans are simply not as much in the know as people such as myself. If I told one of these fans who go to signings or pay rip off prices for those WWE VIPs that instead of pulling teeth for a handful of wrestlers they could have 90% of the roster much more easily, pretty sure they would jump at the opportunity.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » March 22nd, 2019, 4:17 pm

class316 wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 4:11 pm
To say that so called real fans don't bother people at those hotels is laughable. These fans are simply not as much in the know as people such as myself. If I told one of these fans who go to signings or pay rip off prices for those WWE VIPs that instead of pulling teeth for a handful of wrestlers they could have 90% of the roster much more easily, pretty sure they would jump at the opportunity.
Some would of course, but probably less than you think. Most fans have, you know, JOBS, where they can't logistically sleep at an airport parking lot at 4AM to meet Sheamus for the 14th time even if they wanted to.

Others, like myself for example, know about airport meets and could do them if they wanted, and simply have no interest in pursuing that even if schedules allowed. No offense to him, but I wouldn't wait 10 seconds to meet Sheamus at a con setting, even if signing for free, much less follow him around at 5AM at an airport. I just don't have the need to "get 'em all", so to speak.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » March 22nd, 2019, 4:20 pm

class316 wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 4:11 pm
Greg2600 wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 4:06 pm

I've received info many, many times in the past and I've never jumped on it. I just don't think it's right to bother those people at hotels or airports.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » March 22nd, 2019, 4:44 pm

AJLe wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 4:17 pm

Some would of course, but probably less than you think. Most fans have, you know, JOBS, where they can't logistically sleep at an airport parking lot at 4AM to meet Sheamus for the 14th time even if they wanted to.

Others, like myself for example, know about airport meets and could do them if they wanted, and simply have no interest in pursuing that even if schedules allowed. No offense to him, but I wouldn't wait 10 seconds to meet Sheamus at a con setting, even if signing for free, much less follow him around at 5AM at an airport. I just don't have the need to "get 'em all", so to speak.
The way you put it sounds insane. But I don't try to meet Sheamus for the 14th time. I see him for the 14th time in passing when meeting people I don't have.

While doing the airport that early, I've known multiple people who stay till 8-9 AM and THEN go to their jobs.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » March 22nd, 2019, 5:47 pm

class316 wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 4:44 pm

The way you put it sounds insane. But I don't try to meet Sheamus for the 14th time. I see him for the 14th time in passing when meeting people I don't have.
Substitute like 99% of the roster for Sheamus then - I'm not getting up at 4AM to meet Heavy Machinery, Lucha House Party, No Way Jose, Lio Rush, the Iconics, or just about ANY of the workers people "rack" at the airports. Most of them I wouldn't even wait in line for at Axxess to get a free combo if I was already there. It's just blindly scratching random names off a list.

To my previous point - of course there's an "alternative" to airport stalking, you just don't wake up at 4 AM to get every random person who's ever worked for WWE. It's not complicated.