Class on the forum

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Re: Class on the forum

Post by AJLe » April 19th, 2019, 10:54 am

ICW wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 10:21 am
I don't think it's a case of "I'm better/less crazy than you are." I think AJLe's is trying to point out how often Class contradicts himself or how off his analogies can be.
I think this pretty much sums it up - although it might get mentioned in passing, few people really harp on Joresky for racking up everybody from headliners to D-listers at the shows he goes to, because he's pretty open and honest about his pokemon style.

But with Class he just constantly lies, contradicts, and stubbornly denies every point. He would say something clearly pro-nazi, then refuse to admit it was pro-nazi. He trolls somebody's report thread with a backhanded comment, then innocently shrugs and acts like he's completely innocent and being singled out by the mods. And he lists a 50 person want list then casually acts like he's actually a fan of each and every one and totally NOT a pokemon guy.

And don't think for one second that Class doesn't intentionally seek out all of this attention with these posts. I'm as guilty of playing into it as much as anybody here, but he'd be near suicidal if his crazy comments, racist/nazi stuff, and backhanded report replies all got completely no-sold by the entire board, and he wasn't getting posts like this. Why do you think he blows up about getting blocked on social media? Because people can't respond and interact with him if they can't see the stuff where he's trolling for a reaction from them.

So coming to his defense and saying "Why is everybody talking about Class all the time?" is like looking at a street hooker and saying "Hey, why are all those guys driving up and asking that girl for sex?!?" In both cases, that's pretty much exactly what they're looking for.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » April 19th, 2019, 11:29 am

Exactly. Joersky is Ash from Pokemon. Class is too but tries to use logic

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » April 19th, 2019, 3:54 pm

AJLe wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 8:06 am
class316 wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 2:06 am
Difference is my scope is wider.
No, your scope is infinite, that's the difference.

I will get a finite number of people, in a finite number of films/shows I enjoy. Not that it's ever likely to get to that point, but If I ever got every single person I care about from every film project I currently collect, my hobby days would end right then and there, and I'd never attend another con or street meet.

You, on the other hand, will get EVERY remotely famous person that crosses your path, regardless of whether you've see their work, or even know exactly who they are. The only celebrities you pass on are those you already have, and even then you still often go for silly "upgrades". You will literally get anybody - even to the point of paying for *lookalikes* of animals who were "famous" on the internet for five minutes.

That's the difference.
Never paid for a lookalike of anyone or anything. Only time I did anything of the sort was when I paid $5 for a fake La Parka without realizing it.

Weather or not my scope is wider than yours or infinite, on the flip side your scope is very very narrow compared to most anyone. The proof is past MMs and RICCs that most everyone on the board was psyched for yet you could care less. So of course to YOU my scope seems infinite. It would be like Hornswoggle looking up to the Great Khali. Yes Khali is still huge compared to most people. But compared to Hornswoggle? It's another ball game.

But again AJLe we each have our quirks. I would never ever fly to LA to Texas for one or two F13th or SOA name. Or even 1 or 2 convention type names of any kind.
ICW wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 10:21 am

I haven't been in this hobby as long as most of you but I'd say that Class is the most extreme person in this hobby that I've ever met. I've met people who regularly spend a small fortune (though they have full time, well paying jobs) or people who semi-regularly do "street meets" but I can't say I've met someone who's clearly as obsessed with this hobby as Class and sometimes (but not often) I'm interested to hear his rationale. I'm genuinely curious if he's ever regretted going to such an extreme or how he could justify wanting so many C-level names from a terrible Chiller lineup.
If you think I'm the "most extreme" you truly haven't seen or met many combo hunters.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets

crossfire
Full Fledged Mark

Post by crossfire » April 21st, 2019, 1:49 am

I absolutely love the fact people on this board bash others not board for how obsessed they are with this hobby. It’s hilarious. We are all in this same boat.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » April 22nd, 2019, 9:52 am

crossfire wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 1:49 am
I absolutely love the fact people on this board bash others not board for how obsessed they are with this hobby. It’s hilarious. We are all in this same boat.
We're all participants of this hobby but certainly to different degrees. Again, I don't think it's about "bashing" Class as it is pointing out his inconsistencies/irrationalities
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/