WM 34/HOF Program

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
Post Reply
ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1282
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

WM 34/HOF Program

Post by ICW » April 12th, 2018, 3:05 pm

A friend of mine picked one up for me (along with an NXT program) and here's a bit of a bummer:

the Hall of Fame section no longer has full pages dedicated to each class. Instead, the classes are lumped together over a couple of pages and the photos are really small, so getting good/nice autographs will be tough
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/


User avatar
AJLe
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1167
Joined: March 22nd, 2014, 4:52 pm

Re: WM 34/HOF Program

Post by AJLe » April 12th, 2018, 3:21 pm

Also, I don't have mine in front of me, but they didn't even include full page shots of all of the Mania matches - they had most of the card, then just a generic page with everybody else on the roster in a big montage.

Off the top of my head, they didn't have a full page devoted to the Bryan/Shane tag match, The SD tag 3-way, or any of the pre-show matches, so it wouldn't be ideal to get, say Daniel Bryan, Owens, New Day, etc. to sign it.

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1282
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: WM 34/HOF Program

Post by ICW » April 12th, 2018, 3:41 pm

AJLe wrote:
April 12th, 2018, 3:21 pm
Also, I don't have mine in front of me, but they didn't even include full page shots of all of the Mania matches - they had most of the card, then just a generic page with everybody else on the roster in a big montage.

Off the top of my head, they didn't have a full page devoted to the Bryan/Shane tag match, The SD tag 3-way, or any of the pre-show matches, so it wouldn't be ideal to get, say Daniel Bryan, Owens, New Day, etc. to sign it.
Yep, it's pretty disappointing this year
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Bobby
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 132
Joined: August 6th, 2010, 7:01 am

Re: WM 34/HOF Program

Post by Bobby » April 12th, 2018, 4:09 pm

Pretty dissapointing? I’d go as far and say extremely dissapointing

User avatar
mrira
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1171
Joined: June 18th, 2008, 5:19 pm
Location: Bayside,NY

Re: WM 34/HOF Program

Post by mrira » April 12th, 2018, 5:31 pm

What is in it?


ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1282
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: WM 34/HOF Program

Post by ICW » April 12th, 2018, 9:42 pm

mrira wrote:
April 12th, 2018, 5:31 pm
What is in it?
Here's a breakdown:

Full pages:

Cena/Undertaker
Lesnar/Regins
Bliss/Jax
Styles/Nakamura
Charlotte/Asuka
Mixed tag match
RAW tag match
IC Triple Threat
US Fatal Fourway
Everyone else on the card

Then they the full roster broken up by RAW/Smackdown/205 Live/NXT/UK/Announcers. The photos are small, like last years.

Then there's photos from every 'Mania (like in the past few programs)...then the HOF is just all bunched together over a few pages
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Anthony18
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 143
Joined: July 17th, 2017, 10:36 am

Re: WM 34/HOF Program

Post by Anthony18 » April 13th, 2018, 10:08 am

Good thing I read this before I thought of getting it. I bought the WM 33 program last year at a MSG live event. I guess that will be the last good program.

User avatar
oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1145
Joined: March 21st, 2008, 11:21 am

Re: WM 34/HOF Program

Post by oldschoolwwwf » April 16th, 2018, 11:28 pm

An overreaction in my opinion...from pics I have seen, they still list everyone and you can still get nice autographs if you so choose.

crossfire
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 228
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 4:08 pm

Re: WM 34/HOF Program

Post by crossfire » April 19th, 2018, 2:39 am

Yeah I think the regular part is okay but the new hall of fame section sucks! I hate it. The wrestlemania program is the only thing I collect and it’s only the for the hall of fame section to be autographed. Hopefully they change it back next year.

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1282
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: WM 34/HOF Program

Post by ICW » April 19th, 2018, 8:30 am

crossfire wrote:
April 19th, 2018, 2:39 am
Yeah I think the regular part is okay but the new hall of fame section sucks! I hate it. The wrestlemania program is the only thing I collect and it’s only the for the hall of fame section to be autographed. Hopefully they change it back next year.
Coulnd't agree more. Regular section is like last years, HOF portion is terrible. You can still get autos but it's just not as nice as previous programs, imo.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

User avatar
AJLe
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1167
Joined: March 22nd, 2014, 4:52 pm

Re: WM 34/HOF Program

Post by AJLe » April 19th, 2018, 8:44 am

Sadly, unless they devote a separate program to the HOF, I only see this trending worse for the HOF section of the Mania program. With the kickoff, the pre-show matches, and half the title matches being multi-man, they're putting more and more people on the show, and therefore devoting more and more pages to Mania itself. And obviously, every year they're going to devote and additional half-page to the previous year's Mania show. And that's not even taking into consideration the fact that they seem to be expanding the main rosters and the NXT roster all the time, so those pages are going to get longer too.

So unless they start making the overall program thicker and thicker, they'll probably just continue to skimp on the HOF portion.

crossfire
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 228
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 4:08 pm

Re: WM 34/HOF Program

Post by crossfire » April 19th, 2018, 10:22 am

AJLe wrote:
April 19th, 2018, 8:44 am
Sadly, unless they devote a separate program to the HOF, I only see this trending worse for the HOF section of the Mania program. With the kickoff, the pre-show matches, and half the title matches being multi-man, they're putting more and more people on the show, and therefore devoting more and more pages to Mania itself. And obviously, every year they're going to devote and additional half-page to the previous year's Mania show. And that's not even taking into consideration the fact that they seem to be expanding the main rosters and the NXT roster all the time, so those pages are going to get longer too.

So unless they start making the overall program thicker and thicker, they'll probably just continue to skimp on the HOF portion.
Probably. The hall of fame is not even on the dvd anymore.


Post Reply