Wrestlemania 35 NY/NJ - Where will all the week's events take place?

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1155
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Wrestlemania 35 NY/NJ - Where will all the week's events take place?

Post by ICW » April 22nd, 2018, 1:59 pm

Part of the Javitz Center would be perfect. The Star Trek convention that was there a year ago (or thereabouts) used just a portion of the Javitz Center and it was fine. Still, I'd imagine it's expensive as hell.

As Lanza pointed out, though, you'd have to see where the other Indie shows are being held that day. I would imagine Brooklyn is going to get a ton of shows. ROH would probably do the Manhattan Center.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/


User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7102
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Wrestlemania 35 NY/NJ - Where will all the week's events take place?

Post by WOODMO » April 22nd, 2018, 2:05 pm

ICW wrote:
April 22nd, 2018, 1:59 pm
Part of the Javitz Center would be perfect. The Star Trek convention that was there a year ago (or thereabouts) used just a portion of the Javitz Center and it was fine. Still, I'd imagine it's expensive as hell.

As Lanza pointed out, though, you'd have to see where the other Indie shows are being held that day. I would imagine Brooklyn is going to get a ton of shows. ROH would probably do the Manhattan Center.
ROH will definitely do Manhattan Center. Evolve I'll say La Boom, but maybe they can do a bigger building with the week?

User avatar
luiginyc84
Marked Out Pro
Posts: 352
Joined: May 27th, 2008, 11:28 pm
Location: Queens, NY
Contact:

Re: Wrestlemania 35 NY/NJ - Where will all the week's events take place?

Post by luiginyc84 » April 22nd, 2018, 2:16 pm

Is there a reason WWE doesnt use the Javitz center for Axxess? Last time doing it in the Izod Center was bad. All the autograph stations and photo booths were in the concessions area and not alot of room. I would think they would easily choose the Javitz.
My Photo Ops / Autographs Collection
http://www.flickr.com/photos/luiginyc84/sets/

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4553
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Wrestlemania 35 NY/NJ - Where will all the week's events take place?

Post by Greg2600 » April 22nd, 2018, 2:17 pm

I haven't checked dates but Mania is probably too close in time to the NY Auto show.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1155
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Wrestlemania 35 NY/NJ - Where will all the week's events take place?

Post by ICW » April 22nd, 2018, 2:20 pm

WOODMO wrote:
April 22nd, 2018, 2:05 pm
ICW wrote:
April 22nd, 2018, 1:59 pm
Part of the Javitz Center would be perfect. The Star Trek convention that was there a year ago (or thereabouts) used just a portion of the Javitz Center and it was fine. Still, I'd imagine it's expensive as hell.

As Lanza pointed out, though, you'd have to see where the other Indie shows are being held that day. I would imagine Brooklyn is going to get a ton of shows. ROH would probably do the Manhattan Center.
ROH will definitely do Manhattan Center. Evolve I'll say La Boom, but maybe they can do a bigger building with the week?
Evolve might aim to do bigger than LaBoom. That's a tight fit for a WrestleMania weekend.

I've met almost the entire Evolve roster though they are bringing in newer guys. We'll see what they do for this show -- I hope they bring in some japanese guys again
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/


lanza218
Site Admin
Posts: 4255
Joined: March 15th, 2008, 9:25 pm

Re: Wrestlemania 35 NY/NJ - Where will all the week's events take place?

Post by lanza218 » April 22nd, 2018, 2:40 pm

Any part of NYC on a weekend will be shitshow

User avatar
mrira
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1053
Joined: June 18th, 2008, 5:19 pm
Location: Bayside,NY

Re: Metlife officially home to WM35, all other shows at Barclay

Post by mrira » April 22nd, 2018, 5:51 pm

lanza218 wrote:
April 21st, 2018, 10:51 pm
So seems axxess rented it
Where did you hear this?

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7102
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Wrestlemania 35 NY/NJ - Where will all the week's events take place?

Post by WOODMO » April 22nd, 2018, 8:32 pm

The venue was rented, and I suppose Axxess is the natural guess seeing as nothing else happening that weekend would fit the bill.

lanza218
Site Admin
Posts: 4255
Joined: March 15th, 2008, 9:25 pm

Re: Wrestlemania 35 NY/NJ - Where will all the week's events take place?

Post by lanza218 » April 22nd, 2018, 9:32 pm

Knob, where do u think axxess would be? It aint barclay

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1155
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Wrestlemania 35 NY/NJ - Where will all the week's events take place?

Post by ICW » April 22nd, 2018, 9:43 pm

Per their Twitter feed, the Playstation Theater is out:
$40k per day plus tons of extra fees and a third party ticket seller. Capacity for live shows would be about 1200 max with seating all on one side. 2100 is everybody standing and performer on a stage. We loved that building too and it was an early target in our search.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

lanza218
Site Admin
Posts: 4255
Joined: March 15th, 2008, 9:25 pm

Re: Wrestlemania 35 NY/NJ - Where will all the week's events take place?

Post by lanza218 » April 23rd, 2018, 12:30 am

Yikes. I am intrigued how this will play out.

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4553
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Wrestlemania 35 NY/NJ - Where will all the week's events take place?

Post by Greg2600 » April 23rd, 2018, 12:32 am

Is EVERYTHING a frigging work/mystery with wrestling shows?
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

User avatar
mrira
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1053
Joined: June 18th, 2008, 5:19 pm
Location: Bayside,NY

Re: Wrestlemania 35 NY/NJ - Where will all the week's events take place?

Post by mrira » April 23rd, 2018, 6:14 am

lanza218 wrote:
April 22nd, 2018, 9:32 pm
Knob, where do u think axxess would be? It aint barclay
Personally hoping for Javits, but someone said it could conflict with the Car Show. I've never been to the Expo Center so I can't speak on it being a location for Axxess & its being booked for that weekend already could just be a coincidence.

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1155
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Wrestlemania 35 NY/NJ - Where will all the week's events take place?

Post by ICW » April 23rd, 2018, 8:26 am

Imagine if Axxess was in CT.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

lanza218
Site Admin
Posts: 4255
Joined: March 15th, 2008, 9:25 pm

Re: Wrestlemania 35 NY/NJ - Where will all the week's events take place?

Post by lanza218 » April 23rd, 2018, 9:49 am

0 shot id say


Post Reply