Repeat gets, masked pro ops, etc.

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Repeat gets, masked pro ops, etc.

Post by AJLe » January 5th, 2018, 2:28 am

overthetop17 wrote:
January 4th, 2018, 3:50 pm
The Jason photos are a ripoff..it could be my nextdoor neighbor wearing a mask who cares. The Haig shot is not bad since you can tell it's him, but not doing that one either.
LOL, you see Kane Hodder sitting at his table before the pro op, you see him leave his table during pro op times, you see him come back after pro ops are over - what, do you think he sneaked back up to his room and sent in some other dude to do his costumed ops?

So if the paying customer sees the real actor at the con and knows for 100% that it's the real guy in the photo, what's the problem? Do you want to be able to easier brag to your friends and be able to "prove" that it's really Kane Hodder in that mask? Who gives a crap what somebody else thinks? I'm in this hobby to do things that I find enjoyment in - if other people enjoy my pics when I post them, that's great, but if they aren't impressed, I could care less. Do this hobby for yourself, not to impress others.
paphotoguy wrote:I'm about as big of a Friday the 13th fan as you'll ever find, but I don't see the appeal in costume'd ops. Maybe if the guys were wearing original, screen used costumes, but even then it would be a stretch for me. And those prices are ridiculous.
Well, ALL pro op prices are ridiculous - no names who are con regulars start at at LEAST $40 for pro ops, and that's without any costuming gimmicks. And the funny thing is, if people care about "validity", the real faces of Steve Dash, CJ Graham, Ken Kerzinger, etc. are never seen in any F13 movie, so them wearing a hockey mask costume is about a million times more "valid" then a picture of just the dude in street clothes.

Gumby
Marked Out King

Re: Monster-Mania 39 - March 9-11, 2018 - Cherry Hill, NJ

Post by Gumby » January 5th, 2018, 2:37 am

Who gives a crap what somebody else thinks? I'm in this hobby to do things that I find enjoyment in - if other people enjoy my pics when I post them, that's great, but if they aren't impressed, I could care less. Do this hobby for yourself, not to impress others.
Agree 10000%, AJ. :like:

overthetop17
Marked Out Pro

Post by overthetop17 » January 5th, 2018, 2:47 pm

AJ I dont care if you personally like the photo or not, or if anyone for that matter likes it or not. Just making a general statement that I think the photo is fu*kin stupid. Do I think it's Kane behind the mask? Absolutely...I just think the costumed shot is dumb. If it were Freddy i can tell it's Robert, same goes for Sid Haig. A shot of all the Jason's unmasked and maybe holding the type mask they wore in the film or something like that would be much cooler in my opinion, that way u can at least see who the people are that's all.

Class says Im foolish all the time for getting the same people over and over again...most people, if not all would agree. Do i defend it? Nope... I like the feedback even negative, that's what makes this a nice place to visit. Infact just about everyone I really seek to get this year is a repeat... :hahahanx:

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » January 5th, 2018, 4:28 pm

AJ, absolutely agree. :clap: And surprised by the “meh” reaction to Tim Curry. Is he not as “valuable” because he had a stroke? He’s still the same man and as someone who’s never met him I’m incredibly excited! I mean it sucks that he can’t do signings anymore but he is still a living legend.
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » January 5th, 2018, 4:38 pm

overthetop17 wrote:
January 5th, 2018, 2:47 pm
Class says Im foolish all the time for getting the same people over and over again...most people, if not all would agree. Do i defend it? Nope... I like the feedback even negative, that's what makes this a nice place to visit. Infact just about everyone I really seek to get this year is a repeat... :hahahanx:
I see nothing wrong with repeats. If you really like the actor/singer/etc then meeting them once for a minute to get a picture or signature isn’t enough. I’ve met some celebrities as many as 3 times because I really like them and I get to say more each time I see them. Doesn’t make them any less :valid:
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » January 5th, 2018, 4:42 pm

Btvsp3 wrote:
January 5th, 2018, 4:28 pm
AJ, absolutely agree. :clap: And surprised by the “meh” reaction to Tim Curry. Is he not as “valuable” because he had a stroke? He’s still the same man and as someone who’s never met him I’m incredibly excited! I mean it sucks that he can’t do signings anymore but he is still a living legend.
I think for many myself included it's because we got him at Chiller. If you want a photo op you got the op, if you want autos he might as well not be coming.

Though I agree I don't comprehend people who say they don't want the shot because of the condition. If it's someone I want and don't have a photo op with, I will take a hospital bed photo op whilst attached to life support over no photo op.
overthetop17 wrote:
Infact just about everyone I really seek to get this year is a repeat... :hahahanx:
:jawdrop:
Last edited by class316 on January 5th, 2018, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » January 5th, 2018, 4:53 pm

My two cents:

-Repeats are fine and I get them all the time. I need multiple autos.
-Photo ops with a costumed, masked guest is fine
-I like all of you but the last thing on my mind is impressing any of you
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Whole F'N Gigantor
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Whole F'N Gigantor » January 5th, 2018, 5:19 pm

Holy shit, this is happening again?!?!? WHO CARES IF PEOPLE SPEND MONEY ON REPEATS. WHO. CARES. MOVE ON.

overthetop17
Marked Out Pro

Post by overthetop17 » January 5th, 2018, 5:40 pm

And surprised by the “meh” reaction to Tim Curry. Is he not as “valuable” because he had a stroke?
The "meh" reaction from me comes because they will not have him sign in person...I wish even for more money or a limited amount of tickets they would have him sign for a few hours a day, but they are not and this is why I am not excited at all....

overthetop17
Marked Out Pro

Post by overthetop17 » January 5th, 2018, 5:43 pm

But that's just it....if you dont want good or bad comments why post at all???? If I dont like something you post I am going to say it, if I like something I will post that as well. If you dont post at all I won't comment....that's all. Anyone who posts here is looking for some kind of feedback or they would not post at all. I myself stopped posting my reports/photos because I dont need comments good or bad...it does nothing for me.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » January 5th, 2018, 5:48 pm

overthetop17 wrote:
January 5th, 2018, 5:43 pm
But that's just it....if you dont want good or bad comments why post at all???? If I dont like something you post I am going to say it, if I like something I will post that as well. If you dont post at all I won't comment....that's all. Anyone who posts here is looking for some kind of feedback or they would not post at all. I myself stopped posting my reports/photos because I dont need comments good or bad...it does nothing for me.
I just like to share my "adventure" through this hobby with you guys. I welcome all comments - be it praise or critiques - but I'm not in this hobby for anyone's approval. I do what I want, when it suits me, and I share it with you guys.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » January 5th, 2018, 6:04 pm

overthetop17 wrote:
January 5th, 2018, 5:43 pm
:like: :like: I agree 10001% with OTT. Exactly right about the mask shots and repeats. Also agree about about what he says here. I had three meetings last year I never posted because they were of no excitement or interest to anyone but me.

Now, let's just only talk about the people CAPMAN wants and end this.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » January 5th, 2018, 7:10 pm

overthetop17 wrote:
AJ I dont care if you personally like the photo or not, or if anyone for that matter likes it or not. Just making a general statement that I think the photo is fu*kin stupid. Do I think it's Kane behind the mask? Absolutely...I just think the costumed shot is dumb. If it were Freddy i can tell it's Robert, same goes for Sid Haig. A shot of all the Jason's unmasked and maybe holding the type mask they wore in the film or something like that would be much cooler in my opinion, that way u can at least see who the people are that's all.
If you want to see Kane Hodder, CJ Graham, Steve Dash, etc with their real face, you've had the opportunity to get them at their table for a decade or so, at countless cons, and will continue to be able to for the foreseeable future (Ted White, sadly, likely not for too much longer). Getting them in the mask is like getting Jushin Liger, Mil Mascaras, Rey Mysterio, etc in the way they were most famous - wearing their masks. Would you want Liger in street clothes looking like "Random Japanese Dude", or do you want the world famous Jushin Thunder Liger in his mask?
overthetop17 wrote:Class says Im foolish all the time for getting the same people over and over again...most people, if not all would agree. Do i defend it? Nope... I like the feedback even negative, that's what makes this a nice place to visit.
You do? Weird you would say the exact opposite thing later in the thread...
overthetop17 wrote:I myself stopped posting my reports/photos because I dont need comments good or bad...it does nothing for me.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » January 5th, 2018, 7:19 pm

This should be split into its own thread in Hobby Discussion.

overthetop17
Marked Out Pro

Post by overthetop17 » January 5th, 2018, 8:12 pm

Now, let's just only talk about the people CAPMAN wants and end this.
:like: :like: :like: