The "I Can't Believe They Aren't Doing Cons" Thread

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7145
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: The "I Can't Believe They Aren't Doing Cons" Thread

Post by WOODMO » December 19th, 2016, 10:49 am

Yeah, I don't get Milano either. I have them all, so I would pass, but the group op with Rose, Alyssa and Holly would be a big seller I am sure. Obviously the beef existing with Shannen would prohibit that incarnation.


User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4592
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: The "I Can't Believe They Aren't Doing Cons" Thread

Post by Greg2600 » December 19th, 2016, 11:06 am

I can't believe she is against conventions, because again she makes a lot of personal appearances, but who knows? I can tell you someone like Brendan Fraser is not gonna happen. He has way too much social anxiety to agree to that. The one that continues to frustrate me is Sarah Michelle Gellar, but she's never been all that happy with the fandom. The time was probably back while she was on the Buffy series, but the con scene was dead then.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

User avatar
Joresky
Moderator
Posts: 2017
Joined: June 26th, 2012, 10:10 pm
Location: Towson, MD

Re: The "I Can't Believe They Aren't Doing Cons" Thread

Post by Joresky » December 19th, 2016, 11:46 am

Gumby wrote:Not sure if anyone else here will remember this great '90's show, but I'm surprised the cast of Eerie, Indiana haven't done shows.

And if you've never heard of it, track it down and check it out. Great stuff :like:
I loved this show when it was on... i'd love to meet Omri Katz and Justin Shenkarow at cons.. also enjoyed Omri's work in the movie Hocus Pocus

AsianDave
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1429
Joined: July 20th, 2016, 5:11 pm

Re: The "I Can't Believe They Aren't Doing Cons" Thread

Post by AsianDave » December 19th, 2016, 12:25 pm

AJLe wrote:I was talking with a friend the other night, and a name we were talking about fits this discussion - Alyssa Milano. Between Charmed (especially with most of the rest of the cast having done cons), Who's the Boss and Commando - and the fact that she was a prime crush for a ton of dudes who are 35-45 now - you'd think she'd do really good business across a few different demographics.
ah, the lovely Ms. Milano! :swoon: I vaguely remember her take on the Amy Fisher (Long Island Lolita) story. it was hilarious! But i thought she was hot in that show! LOL

AsianDave
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1429
Joined: July 20th, 2016, 5:11 pm

Re: The "I Can't Believe They Aren't Doing Cons" Thread

Post by AsianDave » December 19th, 2016, 12:27 pm

Greg2600 wrote:I can't believe she is against conventions, because again she makes a lot of personal appearances, but who knows? I can tell you someone like Brendan Fraser is not gonna happen. He has way too much social anxiety to agree to that. The one that continues to frustrate me is Sarah Michelle Gellar, but she's never been all that happy with the fandom. The time was probably back while she was on the Buffy series, but the con scene was dead then.
If Joss Whedon ever does a con again, i'm pretty sure if he asked Buffy to show up, she'd do it in a heart beat! so, never say never...


User avatar
MrTonyRuben
Marked Out Pro
Posts: 320
Joined: May 24th, 2015, 6:51 am
Location: Maryland

Re: The "I Can't Believe They Aren't Doing Cons" Thread

Post by MrTonyRuben » December 20th, 2016, 7:11 pm

AsianDave wrote:
Greg2600 wrote:I can't believe she is against conventions, because again she makes a lot of personal appearances, but who knows? I can tell you someone like Brendan Fraser is not gonna happen. He has way too much social anxiety to agree to that. The one that continues to frustrate me is Sarah Michelle Gellar, but she's never been all that happy with the fandom. The time was probably back while she was on the Buffy series, but the con scene was dead then.
If Joss Whedon ever does a con again, i'm pretty sure if he asked Buffy to show up, she'd do it in a heart beat! so, never say never...
I would hope so since she is my top want. The only conventions she does now are cooking conventions since she runs a company called Food Stirs.

User avatar
djknightrida
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1760
Joined: December 22nd, 2011, 8:39 am

Re: The "I Can't Believe They Aren't Doing Cons" Thread

Post by djknightrida » December 21st, 2016, 9:40 pm

need Emilio Estavez to do a con too
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

jorgerr96
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 176
Joined: February 13th, 2015, 12:32 am
Location: Texas/Mexico

Re: The "I Can't Believe They Aren't Doing Cons" Thread

Post by jorgerr96 » April 19th, 2017, 6:41 pm

Joresky wrote:
November 29th, 2016, 3:04 pm
Ed O'Neal (Al Bundy), Tom Welling (Smallville), Cast of Family Matters, Boy Meets World cast (need everyone except Danielle Fishel, Rider Strong and Will Friedle), Christopher Lambert, Chuck Norris, Steven Seagal, Alley Mills (mom in The Wonder Years.. last one I need in the cast), Tiffani Amber Thiessen, Elizabeth Berkeley, Pee Wee Herman (he did Chiller once)
You will soon be able to scratch Chuck Norris off that.

User avatar
overthetop17
Marked Out Pro
Posts: 396
Joined: February 8th, 2015, 4:34 pm

Re: The "I Can't Believe They Aren't Doing Cons" Thread

Post by overthetop17 » April 19th, 2017, 8:42 pm

You will soon be able to scratch Chuck Norris off that.
????? Please tell....

jorgerr96
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 176
Joined: February 13th, 2015, 12:32 am
Location: Texas/Mexico

Re: The "I Can't Believe They Aren't Doing Cons" Thread

Post by jorgerr96 » April 19th, 2017, 9:40 pm

overthetop17 wrote:
April 19th, 2017, 8:42 pm
You will soon be able to scratch Chuck Norris off that.
????? Please tell....
You will see tomorrow

Chuck Norris doesnt attend conventions, Conventions attend him!

User avatar
mrira
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1053
Joined: June 18th, 2008, 5:19 pm
Location: Bayside,NY

Re: The "I Can't Believe They Aren't Doing Cons" Thread

Post by mrira » April 20th, 2017, 5:50 pm

Ed O'Neal is on Modern Family so I'd assume that's the reason. I also would love to see The Boy Meets World, Family Matters & the Saved by the Bell Cast's do some convention. Hoping Chuck Norris does something in the Northeast.

User avatar
Gumby
Marked Out Pro
Posts: 490
Joined: January 9th, 2016, 9:11 pm

Re: The "I Can't Believe They Aren't Doing Cons" Thread

Post by Gumby » April 21st, 2017, 3:34 am

I say that it's a very good chance this isn't just a one off for Chuck Norris.

Joeystylesfan
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: March 10th, 2017, 6:20 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: The "I Can't Believe They Aren't Doing Cons" Thread

Post by Joeystylesfan » May 4th, 2017, 7:09 am

Nailz

lanza218
Site Admin
Posts: 4353
Joined: March 15th, 2008, 9:25 pm

Re: The "I Can't Believe They Aren't Doing Cons" Thread

Post by lanza218 » May 4th, 2017, 11:39 am

The Z Man!!

User avatar
overthetop17
Marked Out Pro
Posts: 396
Joined: February 8th, 2015, 4:34 pm

Re: The "I Can't Believe They Aren't Doing Cons" Thread

Post by overthetop17 » May 4th, 2017, 12:33 pm

Elisabeth Shue.....I have a feeling we will see her eventually.


Post Reply