Feinstein COULD BE Selling Fakes Again?

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7715
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Feinstein COULD BE Selling Fakes Again?

Post by WOODMO » January 20th, 2021, 9:09 am

AJLe wrote:
January 18th, 2021, 8:19 am
-The dealer has a confirmed documented history (Piper, Davey Boy) of getting caught doing fake aurographs.

-The dealer no-sells legitimate questions of where the graph was obtained.

-The graph later proves to be fake.

None of this should come as a surprise anymore. RF is shady as hell, and if you buy a rare graph from him, chances are very, very, VERY good that the graph is likely a fake.

This should be (yet another) "Fool me once..." lesson about RF to anybody reading this.
Exactly. I do not for the life of me get the cult following that surrounds him. Like the countless fans that sent their items to RF, for him to send them to Taker. Umm, why not just go direct through Fitterman? I am not saying he faked those, with multiple witnessed certification stickers he certainly did not, but why include him in the equation at all?

Why is anyone buying a damn thing from the guy with all the proven fake graphs he sold. Even if he gave a full refund, what about all the other people who never caught the fact they bought a fake?


User avatar
oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1246
Joined: March 21st, 2008, 11:21 am

Re: Feinstein COULD BE Selling Fakes Again?

Post by oldschoolwwwf » January 20th, 2021, 2:26 pm

Because these cult members see rf as part of the business.

Wrestling collecting always been a very weird hobby .. people think they are actually friends with these wrestlers or promoters or vendors. Not saying some people haven’t become real friends with the vendors and promoters but I would bet it’s not as many as people think. So with rf, these fans almost feel like they are part of the business when all it really is that they are money marks to the guy. And money marks to everyone else too.

User avatar
AJLe
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1448
Joined: March 22nd, 2014, 4:52 pm

Re: Feinstein COULD BE Selling Fakes Again?

Post by AJLe » January 20th, 2021, 2:45 pm

oldschoolwwwf wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 2:26 pm
Because these cult members see rf as part of the business.

Wrestling collecting always been a very weird hobby .. people think they are actually friends with these wrestlers or promoters or vendors. Not saying some people haven’t become real friends with the vendors and promoters but I would bet it’s not as many as people think. So with rf, these fans almost feel like they are part of the business when all it really is that they are money marks to the guy. And money marks to everyone else too.
This is so true. Whether it's actual wrestlers, or promoters, or even newsletter and podcast people, there's a certain percentage of the wrestling fans that will develop a cultish loyalty to "their guy" just to connect to somebody on the "inside". I'll never understand it, but there's a lot of that mentality out there.

Anthony18
Marked Out Pro
Posts: 316
Joined: July 17th, 2017, 10:36 am

Re: Feinstein COULD BE Selling Fakes Again?

Post by Anthony18 » January 28th, 2021, 10:47 am

AJLe wrote:
January 18th, 2021, 8:19 am
-The dealer has a confirmed documented history (Piper, Davey Boy) of getting caught doing fake aurographs.

-The dealer no-sells legitimate questions of where the graph was obtained.

-The graph later proves to be fake.

None of this should come as a surprise anymore. RF is shady as hell, and if you buy a rare graph from him, chances are very, very, VERY good that the graph is likely a fake.

This should be (yet another) "Fool me once..." lesson about RF to anybody reading this.
He has a Wahoo McDaniel autograph that surprisingly he only wants 50 for.

User avatar
yosemitechris
Marked Out King
Posts: 980
Joined: June 14th, 2009, 2:43 pm
Location: yosemite national park. ca

Re: Feinstein COULD BE Selling Fakes Again?

Post by yosemitechris » January 28th, 2021, 7:25 pm

what do you think of psa/dna photos they sell, can something like that be faked too?
either just putting stickers on anything or fake stickers?

i stopped buying from them/him awhile ago.

but i did buy during his live signing , because you see the person sign the item!


User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 5538
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Feinstein COULD BE Selling Fakes Again?

Post by Greg2600 » January 28th, 2021, 7:39 pm

yosemitechris wrote:
January 28th, 2021, 7:25 pm
what do you think of psa/dna photos they sell, can something like that be faked too?
either just putting stickers on anything or fake stickers?
PSA/DNA, JSA, BAS, they all pass enough junk that faking the stickers seems pointless! Remember at many of the IP authentications, a customer can walk up with a crate of items, and do you think the rep is going to spend more than 2 minutes looking at each? They're just going to take the money and pass it.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

User avatar
Jason1980s
Marked Out King
Posts: 520
Joined: May 6th, 2012, 6:31 pm

Re: Feinstein COULD BE Selling Fakes Again?

Post by Jason1980s » January 29th, 2021, 12:38 pm

There used to be a great site called "hauls of shame" with the 100 worst mistakes of JSA and PSA. I can never find it anymore so not sure if they removed it or I'm not finding it but it was a great site. Two mistakes that really stick out are one of the companies certifying a vintage wrestling magazine with a facsimile autograph of Andre on the front and also (I think PSA) slabbed a James Earl Ray autograph as James Earl Jones. There may be some very knowledgeable people working for the companies who may be considered experts but I would consider people on this site like Greg or Dana experts as well but they don't work for the company. I think most who are employed are probably just big collectors like many of us on this site. And also some mixture of people "just looking for a job." I work for a home improvement company and many customers think the company only hires "experts" in the construction field and there are some but not many. I see JSA and PSA much like that. Maybe some experts but not many.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 5538
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Feinstein COULD BE Selling Fakes Again?

Post by Greg2600 » January 29th, 2021, 1:37 pm

They all certify Andre, Savage, Rock, I could go on and on. These are wrestlers with "signatures" a 10 year old could copy. I'm not saying they should or should not, but you have to take so so much into account when certifying a wrestler from almost any era. They don't have real names usually, often one word. Some like Cena, shoot, I'd never trust anything he was on that I didn't know the person.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com


Post Reply