Anyone else not missing the hobby?

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
16times
Marked Out King

Re: Anyone else not missing the hobby?

Post by 16times » November 7th, 2020, 1:46 am

One aspect I've enjoyed are the virtual vendor rooms that some cons have offered. I've picked up a few items that I know I never would have noticed while walking the floor of an actual convention.

I miss the big name meets, which were starting to be my priority anyway before Covid hit. I had tickets to a showing of "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" where we were going to get to do a Q&A and take pics with Paul Ruebens. I'd bought a "Back To The Future" photo op with Marty, Doc, Biff, and Marty's mom. Both events canceled. I miss doing stuff like that.

And of course, I miss getting to see the folks from the board.
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"

Anthony18
Marked Out Pro

Post by Anthony18 » November 7th, 2020, 6:45 pm

ICW wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 7:38 pm
I have issues sitting through virtual signings but they look undeniably successful. Really smart of the vendors to do them.
They’re great. Like a combination of a signing and shoot interview. Plus it gives people an opportunity to get autographs that don’t have conventions near them.

capman
Marked Out King

Post by capman » November 10th, 2020, 8:01 am

I really was winding down anyway after my successes/Chase of Perry, KISS in Makeup, Journey ,Oz, Hanks, Piper, Winkler, HBK, Ivan Putski, and so forth. I liked going to chiller every so often, even more so echoing 16times about meeting up with board members. That being said, even though I wasn't going very much, I hate that I don't have the option to choose. If i never go again, I'm sure I will be fine.

I still hope to go after Hogan (picture is main focus), Ozzy (99% doubtful now), One or two final Sesame street human players and Rob Zombie if ever available . However, and i said this before, I have zero interest in a mask photo with both artist and I. Also, frankly, I don't see it ever happening for a couple of years, but MnG /cons won't be the same til maybe 2022 and if my interest is still there at the point, I'll revisit it.

In the meantime, i have started framing my limited stuff and like Woodmo, I get concerned of framing posters and having light destroy the graph. If these are the least of problems in my life, then things are fine.