The OFFICIAL PIX Send-In Thread

You can talk about any upcoming signings in here!
JunkyJeff
Learning To Mark Out

Re: The OFFICIAL PIX Send-In Thread

Post by JunkyJeff » December 29th, 2020, 11:27 pm

here's an actual pic of the poster I sent, with the post-its attached. :D

😬 it is kinda a small area.
I'm almost temped to email to ask and see a photo.
but I don't want to be that obnoxious.
Ill just wait patiently.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 30th, 2020, 1:22 am

Wow, great directions on there! Maybe Sly will comply with the full auto, ha ha!

I doubt that Chris from OPix can take a photo because the poster is likely still packed, as they have to go back out to California next month.

So I didn't send anything. I was going to, but by the time I finally got done building this thing in Photoshop, I could not find a site to print it in good quality and get it to me in time. Especially with the USPS delays. So I spoke to Chris, who reminded me they have quite the printing capability themselves (DUH on my part). So I paid for his print.

It's a 16x20. These were my failed attempts, between Fedex (they used thin paper awful) and Walgreens (too many imperfections). OPix prints as good as anybody so it should be fine. I told them to use yellow paint, or gold if there's no yellow. However, many returns on FB had a silver pen that shines amazingly, and frankly if they used that I would be happy. However, I want the SAME pen on both graphs so I'm hoping they just used the yellow. The source was a 1977 Quad re-release poster.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 30th, 2020, 1:10 pm

Both of those will look awesome. I can't wait to see pictures when they come back.

I picked up a Sly and Sage Stallone piece from Daylight. They signed this old press kit. It is a street graph, but the cost was a fraction of the awesome fuller graph you guys are getting so I figured let me get something at least.

JunkyJeff
Learning To Mark Out

Post by JunkyJeff » December 31st, 2020, 2:01 am

Greg2600 wrote:
December 30th, 2020, 1:22 am
Wow, great directions on there! Maybe Sly will comply with the full auto, ha ha!

I doubt that Chris from OPix can take a photo because the poster is likely still packed, as they have to go back out to California next month.

So I didn't send anything. I was going to, but by the time I finally got done building this thing in Photoshop, I could not find a site to print it in good quality and get it to me in time. Especially with the USPS delays. So I spoke to Chris, who reminded me they have quite the printing capability themselves (DUH on my part). So I paid for his print.

It's a 16x20. These were my failed attempts, between Fedex (they used thin paper awful) and Walgreens (too many imperfections). OPix prints as good as anybody so it should be fine. I told them to use yellow paint, or gold if there's no yellow. However, many returns on FB had a silver pen that shines amazingly, and frankly if they used that I would be happy. However, I want the SAME pen on both graphs so I'm hoping they just used the yellow. The source was a 1977 Quad re-release poster.

Those are going to be awesome.
I can't wait to see them.

JunkyJeff
Learning To Mark Out

Post by JunkyJeff » December 31st, 2020, 2:02 am

WOODMO wrote:
December 30th, 2020, 1:10 pm
Both of those will look awesome. I can't wait to see pictures when they come back.

I picked up a Sly and Sage Stallone piece from Daylight. They signed this old press kit. It is a street graph, but the cost was a fraction of the awesome fuller graph you guys are getting so I figured let me get something at least.

Thats a nice pick up.
Care to share photos?

I don't think Sage signed much, so that's a pretty cool pick up

JunkyJeff
Learning To Mark Out

Post by JunkyJeff » January 13th, 2021, 7:29 am

Talia Shire, Danny Elfman and Wayne Knight pushed back to the first week of March. 😩

I am too impatient waiting on my ROCKY poster

billybatson22
Full Fledged Mark

Post by billybatson22 » January 13th, 2021, 9:31 am

My guess is the Harrison Ford signing (see other link) will be postponed as well...although if you look at places like TMZ, somehow the celebs (old and young) JUST happen to be present when there are extra vaccines lying around that "were going to be thrown out" any way (this is the new way of politely saying they didn't "jump the line.")