Brian DePalma Book Signing- March 16, 2020- New York, NY

You can talk about any upcoming signings in here!
Post Reply
LaserdiscGuy
Learning To Mark Out
Posts: 32
Joined: November 16th, 2016, 1:52 pm

Brian DePalma Book Signing- March 16, 2020- New York, NY

Post by LaserdiscGuy » January 8th, 2020, 9:51 am

Monday March 16: 7PM

Strand Books
828 Broadway at 12th Street
New York, NY 10003

Join us in the Rare Book Room for the release of Are Snakes Necessary? with writers Brian De Palma and Susan Lehman.

Brian De Palma is the world-famous director of more than thirty films, including Carrie, Scarface, The Untouchables, Dressed to Kill, Body Double, Blow Out, and the original Mission: Impossible. The subject of the 2015 documentary De Palma, he is considered one of the most accomplished filmmakers of the last fifty years, a peer to directors such as Steven Spielberg, Francis Ford Coppola, and Martin Scorsese and an inspiration to next-generation directors such as Quentin Tarantino.

For more info:
https://www.strandbooks.com/event/palma-lehman-snakes


User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 5345
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Brian DePalma - Book Signing- March 16, 2020- New York, NY

Post by Greg2600 » January 8th, 2020, 1:42 pm

Just a precaution this is likely the typical Strand unlimited ticket signing...
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

LaserdiscGuy
Learning To Mark Out
Posts: 32
Joined: November 16th, 2016, 1:52 pm

Re: Brian DePalma - Book Signing- March 16, 2020- New York, NY

Post by LaserdiscGuy » January 8th, 2020, 1:59 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 1:42 pm
Just a precaution this is likely the typical Strand unlimited ticket signing...
What is that?

Bozarth
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 116
Joined: November 25th, 2019, 4:12 pm

Re: Brian DePalma - Book Signing- March 16, 2020- New York, NY

Post by Bozarth » January 8th, 2020, 2:17 pm

After what happened at William Daniels, I've decided not to bother with their events anymore.

User avatar
Joresky
Moderator
Posts: 2249
Joined: June 26th, 2012, 10:10 pm
Location: Towson, MD

Re: Brian DePalma - Book Signing- March 16, 2020- New York, NY

Post by Joresky » January 8th, 2020, 3:16 pm

A friend of mine called the store.. they said no posed photos and no extra items signed... hard pass from me


User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 5345
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Brian DePalma - Book Signing- March 16, 2020- New York, NY

Post by Greg2600 » January 8th, 2020, 6:55 pm

LaserdiscGuy wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 1:59 pm
What is that?
They don't cap the ticket sales, so they never sell out. Has resulted in 100s of people being lined up outside waiting hours to get in, for a normally cruddy experience.
Joresky wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 3:16 pm
A friend of mine called the store.. they said no posed photos and no extra items signed... hard pass from me
Not a surprise.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

mpj6
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: February 13th, 2020, 3:47 pm

Re: Brian DePalma Book Signing- March 16, 2020- New York, NY

Post by mpj6 » February 14th, 2020, 3:53 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new here-in fact, I think this is the first message board I've ever joined. But, I have been lurking for awhile.

I'm from Los Angeles, but am going to NYC for this Brian de Palma signing, as he rarely comes here anymore.

The thing is- I only collect original posters signed by directors. I have a Scarface poster that I'd love to have de Palma signed. I know what Joresky said about additional items and I called Strand about it, and they were like "uhhhh, I guess you can bring the poster, good luck."

So, I was wondering if any of you have any tips you'd be willing to share about how to get my poster signed? Where to stand? What time to get there? And so on.

Thank you very much. Excited to have joined markedout.

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 5345
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Brian DePalma Book Signing- March 16, 2020- New York, NY

Post by Greg2600 » February 14th, 2020, 4:11 pm

Strand won't be any help. I guess wait until the end as there's usually a bunch of people who do for that specific reason. As I say that he could do them in the beginning then stop, ha ha. Another tactic is to buy a stack of books and be like um I bought all these dumb books how bout it? The other considerarion, because Strand never limits the number of books sold, it might be wiser to try early in the line. That way in the event they cut the line off you'll at least have gone through. If you fail, you could probably get back in the end of the line. I can guarantee there will be a ton of collectors there trying the same thing. Many like myself have lucked into him on the street and gotten a photo but he's really difficult to know when to have something to be signed.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

mpj6
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: February 13th, 2020, 3:47 pm

Re: Brian DePalma Book Signing- March 16, 2020- New York, NY

Post by mpj6 » February 14th, 2020, 5:23 pm

Thank you very much!

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1838
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Brian DePalma Book Signing- March 16, 2020- New York, NY

Post by ICW » February 14th, 2020, 5:35 pm

mpj6 wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 3:53 pm
Hi everyone! I'm new here-in fact, I think this is the first message board I've ever joined. But, I have been lurking for awhile.

I'm from Los Angeles, but am going to NYC for this Brian de Palma signing, as he rarely comes here anymore.

The thing is- I only collect original posters signed by directors. I have a Scarface poster that I'd love to have de Palma signed. I know what Joresky said about additional items and I called Strand about it, and they were like "uhhhh, I guess you can bring the poster, good luck."

So, I was wondering if any of you have any tips you'd be willing to share about how to get my poster signed? Where to stand? What time to get there? And so on.

Thank you very much. Excited to have joined markedout.
Welcome to the board!
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/


Post Reply