Davey Boy Smith Jr/Taryn Terrell- Wrestling Universe "Free" Signing- Feb 8, 2020

You can talk about any upcoming signings in here!
ICW
Marked Out Master

Davey Boy Smith Jr/Taryn Terrell- Wrestling Universe "Free" Signing- Feb 8, 2020

Post by ICW » January 9th, 2020, 4:01 pm

Ladies and gentleman I am please to announce that Davey Boy Smith JR FKA DH Smith returns to RDP Promotions on February 8th and he will be doing a FREE Signing at @wrestlinguniversestore from 12-2pm and will also be in action later that night @warriorsofwrestling come on out and join us. One more announcement about February 8th later today

Also from RDP....
I have just scored one of the biggest female wants that the NYC area has been asking for. This is a one time deal The Wrestling Universe February 8th besides a free signing this young lady will be there as well let the guessing begin
Confirmed that you must purchase a $10 8x10 in order to get your item signed
Last edited by ICW on January 9th, 2020, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: Davey Boy Smith Jr. - Wrestling Universe "Free" Signing 2/8/

Post by ICW » January 9th, 2020, 5:13 pm

And now ladies and gentlemen I am pleased to announce that former WWE diva and Impact KO Champion Taryn Terrell will be appearing at The Wrestling Universe with Harry Smith on February 8th from 12-2pm.

Prices will be as follows
Auto 20.00
Photo opp 20.00
No combo it would be 40 for both

This is a one time only signing event for her so if you wanna meet her this is the time to get her come on down to support us. Photo credit to the great Bob Mulrenin and that’s no BS #StressFreeWithRdp mailing order and bulk orders are welcomed.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Taryn Terrell - Wrestling Universe "Free" Signing 2/8/

Post by WOODMO » January 9th, 2020, 10:22 pm

ICW wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 4:01 pm
Ladies and gentleman I am please to announce that Davey Boy Smith JR FKA DH Smith returns to RDP Promotions on February 8th and he will be doing a FREE Signing at @wrestlinguniversestore from 12-2pm and will also be in action later that night @warriorsofwrestling come on out and join us. One more announcement about February 8th later today

Also from RDP....
I have just scored one of the biggest female wants that the NYC area has been asking for. This is a one time deal The Wrestling Universe February 8th besides a free signing this young lady will be there as well let the guessing begin
Not that I care, I don't need him, nor is $10 a bad price, in fact it's a good price, but to call it free and then put a mandatory price tag on it is a bit silly. The signing in actuality costs $10, so just say it's $10. I imagine though if you just want a photo op and say I don't want anything signed, I guess they would let you get a photo only free and leave?

ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Taryn Terrell - Wrestling Universe "Free" Signing 2/8/

Post by ICW » January 10th, 2020, 9:47 am

WOODMO wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 10:22 pm
ICW wrote:

Also from RDP....
Not that I care, I don't need him, nor is $10 a bad price, in fact it's a good price, but to call it free and then put a mandatory price tag on it is a bit silly. The signing in actuality costs $10, so just say it's $10. I imagine though if you just want a photo op and say I don't want anything signed, I guess they would let you get a photo only free and leave?
I couldn't agree more. It was FREE FREE as of a few signings ago but I think they realized that they were losing a pretty penny so they started the, "You have to buy our $10 8x10 to get your own item signed" rule.

It's like when Big Event advertises a "free" autograph with admission. It's not actually free but you're only paying $5.

Anthony18
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Anthony18 » January 10th, 2020, 5:27 pm

Terrell is a pretty rare name.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 10th, 2020, 9:32 pm

ICW wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 9:47 am
WOODMO wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 10:22 pm
ICW wrote:

Also from RDP....
I couldn't agree more. It was FREE FREE as of a few signings ago but I think they realized that they were losing a pretty penny so they started the, "You have to buy our $10 8x10 to get your own item signed" rule.

It's like when Big Event advertises a "free" autograph with admission. It's not actually free but you're only paying $5.
Exactly, and don't get me started on the photos being $10 when 8x10s are universally $5. Hell, even Steiner charged just $5 I believe for officially licensed stuff. I made the mistake of buying one there for Chono, but never again.

And agreed on the free signing part. I can't imagine how they could do well on those, so I get charging. Their prices are always fair, and this is no different, so definitely not bashing them or complaining lol

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » January 10th, 2020, 10:04 pm

It's just unnecessary false advertising. "Come meet Davey Boy Smith Jr. for $10" is a selling point in it of itself. "Come meet Davey Boy Smith Jr. for free with the purchase of a $10 8x10" is not. To your point, $10 for an 8x10 is fucking insane to begin with.

Anthony18
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Anthony18 » January 13th, 2020, 11:44 am

ICW wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 10:04 pm
It's just unnecessary false advertising. "Come meet Davey Boy Smith Jr. for $10" is a selling point in it of itself. "Come meet Davey Boy Smith Jr. for free with the purchase of a $10 8x10" is not. To your point, $10 for an 8x10 is fucking insane to begin with.
I agree. I'd like to meet Warlord next month, but don't want to spend $10 on his 8 x 10 even if the autograph comes with it.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 13th, 2020, 12:02 pm

Anthony18 wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 11:44 am
ICW wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 10:04 pm
I agree. I'd like to meet Warlord next month, but don't want to spend $10 on his 8 x 10 even if the autograph comes with it.
Semantically speaking I agree, but $10 is a great price if you need him, so I wouldn't miss it, even if the wording is stupid.

Anthony18
Full Fledged Mark

Re: Davey Boy Smith Jr/Taryn Terrell- Wrestling Universe "Free" Signing- Feb 8, 2020

Post by Anthony18 » January 13th, 2020, 12:38 pm

I wonder how many extra items are allowed other than the photo?

Btw I don't need him. I get people I want. I'm not a completist.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Davey Boy Smith Jr/Taryn Terrell- Wrestling Universe "Free" Signing- Feb 8, 2020

Post by WOODMO » January 14th, 2020, 8:03 am

Anthony18 wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 12:38 pm
I wonder how many extra items are allowed other than the photo?

Btw I don't need him. I get people I want. I'm not a completist.
Good question. And I use need and want interchangeably but good point and distinction, those are two different things.

My point was if you want him, the price is good, even if the whole free signing if you pay money thing is foolish and you don't want their 8x10, but the end result is still a combo for $10 which is a great price.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » January 14th, 2020, 10:39 am

The other thing that we haven't touched on: on what planet is Taryn Terrell worth $40?!? These prices are getting insane.

Anthony18
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Anthony18 » January 14th, 2020, 1:36 pm

ICW wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 10:39 am
The other thing that we haven't touched on: on what planet is Taryn Terrell worth $40?!? These prices are getting insane.
She rarely does these and she was fairly popular star in Impact at one point. I could see her doing decent business. I'm considering going.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » January 14th, 2020, 2:13 pm

Anthony18 wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 1:36 pm
ICW wrote:
She rarely does these and she was fairly popular star in Impact at one point. I could see her doing decent business. I'm considering going.
She was around all the time years ago. IDK, $40 is too steep for me. I might go for an autograph since I have the op but yeesh. Should be $20 combo.

Anthony18
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Anthony18 » January 14th, 2020, 5:15 pm

ICW wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 2:13 pm
Anthony18 wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 1:36 pm
ICW wrote:
She was around all the time years ago. IDK, $40 is too steep for me. I might go for an autograph since I have the op but yeesh. Should be $20 combo.
$20 combos are dead. In a few years 30 will be dead lol.