Wow what a great weekend for me!

Place to find reports on meets of the past.
class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » June 23rd, 2008, 2:26 pm

This past weekend (6/21) was one awesome weekend for me!

BUT in this post I will only be talking about 30% of why it was so awesome (ie the wrestling aspect).

Friday I headed down to NJ to the Holiday Inn. As most of you know I met Jerry Jarrett outside the hotel, who was one of the most awesome to meet! When at a wrestling convention, it
Last edited by Anonymous on June 24th, 2008, 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

wewantflair
Site Admin

Post by wewantflair » June 23rd, 2008, 3:00 pm

[quote="class316"]

Howard Finkel: Met him for the first time at Mambo

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » June 23rd, 2008, 3:40 pm

Great report, sounded like a good time.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » June 23rd, 2008, 10:35 pm

Well, after a long day at work, figured id postmy thoughts, I thought the event as a whole was very wel run, no no-shows for the main lineup, all the events went off as planned, and it ws mostly a fun event, NOW before I get into tehpositives, here are the negs:

8x10's: Complete waste of paper, no effort put forth
Rooms: The vendor are was waytoo small, and it seemed like a complete cluterfuck at times
Vendors: NO figs of Tomko?? How can that be?
Those are my only complaints honestly

Guests:- got a photo with all
Al Snow: Again met twice before, so got an Avatar and Leif Cassidy pics signed from WWF Mags, Al laughed at the Avatar gimmick, and we talked about his first match in gimmick

Samu: Got a Hasbro signed, was quiet

Axl Rotten: 1st time, awesome guy, signed my original ECW fig, and gave me a free 8x10, was super friendly

Tomko: Signed an 8x10 and didnt look up or crack a smile, he kept staring at his sunglasses, so I told him to put them on, he looked at me, so I said, come on, laugh a lil, and he did, but he looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there

Eugene, got my WWE mag signed, was quiet

JOhn SR: Awesome guy, got a photo-op and 8x10 all for 5 bucks!!! cant go wrong with that, even saw him give some guy a phone# for a wrestling school where kofi Kingston graduated from, he was a nice man indeed...
JJ Dillion- buisness like, was running lat, but got my horseman poster signed!
Daivari- nice guy got a fig and my mag signed, said he was happy to be in TAN

Now the good stuff:
Scotty- as Steve mentioned, I had a photo of Scotty from the WMXX HOF that I wanted signed, but Scott had no silver sharpie, I said, he does, pointing to Steve, and Scotty said, Well, go get it! So I did..lol and couldt thank Steve enough, more on that later, me and Scoty shared a laugh, and signed my WMXX 2pak of him and Rikishi

Kevin Kelly- got an 8x10 casue had nothing else, however, I mentioned how I interviewed for WWE, he looked shocked! Asked HOW did u manage an interview? I said I applied online, apparently WWE neevr calls anyone, so I told him my story and everyone I met, he knew everyone, and you could se his face kringe..lol Told him how they strunge me along for 3 months, then said I didnt get the job an intern in teh TV department, when I turned down to interview for a lesser position, Also, they called me back the enxtmonth, told me they were ready to offer em the job, but i said i had another offer lined up, and was RIPPED by everyone there..Kellly said its the WWE habit of hiring "marks" underpaying them and not giving thema full time job after, said it took balls for em to say No, and good for me, spoke for 15 min, and was great

Bill demott- got a gen rection 8x10, hugh morris card, and he threw in an 8x10 hes igned Bill Demott, mentioned he has a book coming out, and mentioned how thirsty he was, I offered to get him a Coke, and he was estatic!! I came back with the Can of $2Coke, an he offered me another 8x10, but i said it was ok

Vendors:
K+S deliver AGAIN: All 3 women super nice, esp George who precedded to write a book on my polaroid! plugged her myspace alot, TNA woman were great, and Buddy Freakin Roberts talked wth me for 10 min becasue me and him were trapped in the corner while George posed for pics with a toddler. Shared a laugh how he was always against a wall in his carrer, and just was a real pleasure to be around...got a comboo with each guest

Balls, got my WWECW fig, and WWE and mag signed, also a photo, pleasure as always

Rhyno- got there late,got an 8x10 and AGAIN Steve comes in teh clutch and takes a digital photo for me, Rhyno was nice and pleasant for the few fans that stayed

Jerry jarret, best of teh bunch, got a digital 8x10 signed, chatetd about how he started up TNA, etc.

Personally, great time, greatt meet everyone, and one other thing, heard alot of horror stories bout Steve, 1st time meeting, and man did I have a blast with him. Cannot say one bad thing about him, and I didnt see him do anythign wrong at the event, he took care of my money, and hung out withme the whole show, and man all we did was laugh...PS yes he di the KENNEDY Impression in the middle of the tricky tray...whih BTW is a good idea, Steve, again a personal thank you for getting everything together, and the sharpie, and the pic, see u all at the mega show! Later- Joe Lanza- LANZA218

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » June 26th, 2008, 9:16 am

lanza218 wrote:Personally, great time, greatt meet everyone, and one other thing, heard alot of horror stories bout Steve, 1st time meeting, and man did I have a blast with him. Cannot say one bad thing about him, and I didnt see him do anythign wrong at the event, he took care of my money, and hung out withme the whole show, and man all we did was laugh...PS yes he di the KENNEDY Impression in the middle of the tricky tray...whih BTW is a good idea, Steve, again a personal thank you for getting everything together, and the sharpie, and the pic, see u all at the mega show! Later- Joe Lanza- LANZA218
Thank you Joe for the kind words!

Amidst all the selfishness, a-holes, and personal vendettas, particularly when it comes to this hobby, it is always great to see some human beings still show appreciation and gratitude.

lanza218
Site Admin

Re: Wow what a great weekend for me!

Post by lanza218 » October 12th, 2009, 2:54 pm

Wow..look at this blast from the past- first meeting with Class----wow

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » October 12th, 2009, 4:20 pm

Dammit! Trying to find the post on the reports section of the old board in order to restore it and it's not showing up! Which makes no sense cause if it's here then it must have been in the reports section there :|

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » October 18th, 2010, 3:36 pm

My first encounter with a SPUUR!!!!!