Playoff Flashback

Place to find reports on meets of the past.
Nicksfan23
Marked Out Pro

Playoff Flashback

Post by Nicksfan23 » July 26th, 2010, 10:35 pm

Interesting story in terms of meeting reports. Back in 2009 after the Giants playoff lose to the Eagles, my dad and I went to pick up bottle caps at the old stadium (I asked a mod and was okay ed for this,BTW its not there anymore) that had been collected for something my moms school was doing (for every bottle cap they gave, this company donated money to the school)....We needed our ID's to get into the stadium and I forgot my license....As, a result I could not get into the stadium, I was bummed and figured it was a lost day. But as I was standing there I asked the security guard when the Giants would be cleaning out their lockers. He said they would and I took a drive once my dad got back to what used to be the player's entrance. Security would not let me all the way in and said I could wait by where the cars left (I would not have done this if I was not there). So I am waiting and several cars pass by first one to pull down the window was TE Kevin Boss, then David Diehl, Chris Snee, Shaun O' Hara, Tay Biddle, RW McQuarters (who never signed at the entrance), Danny Clark, and a bunch of other guys. Then as I am waiting this White Escalade SUV drives up and I figured he would pass by, well he rolls down his window and it turned out to be the year before's Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning. Now Eli Manning rarely signs at the stadium. Not a jerk at all, but they do not open the gates until he arrives securities rules. So he signed for me and then a few other guys passed by. But Eli Manning was awesome talked to myself and the other guy there and it was a great moment. It was actually the second Manning auto I had gotten at the entrance.I went home very happy with my haul and actually was given a game used helmet by David Diehl that I could keep. Pretty nice gesture by him as well (did not get it signed since all i had was a blue marker and it was a blue helmet)