Showstopper Meets Superbeast

Place to find reports on meets of the past.
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Showstopper Meets Superbeast

Post by cmshowstopper » June 30th, 2010, 8:03 pm

Quick report from my adventure in Philadelphia on Monday. I got up early Monday morning for my trip to Philly to ensure getting pics with the NXT 2 guys, who I missed in NY last week.

I got into Philly around 9am. Actually made good time coming in. It wasnt till about 10am and then NXT 2 guys started coming down. Really wanted pics with Kaval and Joe Hennig. Saw Lucky first and he was nice enough to pose. And he was taller than me. LOL! Then Joe and Kaval came down. I hit Joe up first. Super nice guy. I asked him to sign the WWE Encyclopedia as Joe vs. McGilicutty and he was glad too. He thanked me for knowing him as Hennig and signed it. He said he likes that graph better. I got a pic. with him and then went to Kaval. As usual, Kaval aka Low Ki was cool as poop again. If you know anything about his indy career and talk to him about it, he seems to crawl out of his shell. I even had a chance to chat about his old persona as Quick Kick and he laughed. He signed my encyclopedia and asked who I wanted it signed as.....I said Kaval, cuz I didnt have any Kaval autos. He signed it and asked if I wanted Low Ki too and he did obliged with another. It was cool.

NXT 1 left, but as usual they were in character and did not sign nor take photos. Saw Goldust and was able to score his auto on my US title as Dustin Rhodes. His Dustin signature is very creative looking. Yoshi wasnt too far behind him and I snapped a pic. with him. last week he referred to me as "Yoshi Fan" for my infamous "Yoshi Rules" sign that is used for his entrance from time to time eventhough I am not actually at the event. LOL!

And before the main event, saw Ashley the new NXT host. Was able to get a picture with her. She was also very nice and was not expecting to be recognized I guess. I went up to her and asked for a photo and she seemed a bit surprised. She took the photo and then my buddy DJKnightRida got one with her and then I think others came up cuz they saw flashes going off. Who knows? But she was cool.

Then the main event of the morning. The Astro Creep...The Superbeast himself comes out of a limo and everyone scurries to get their stuff for him. I suspected Zombie to be a bit of a dick. But it couldnt be further from the truth. He came in and signed and took a few photos. He went to his room, but promised to keep signing when he came back down. Minutes later he came down and went to get lunch and said he would be back. And when he was done he came out and did it all over again. I was able to get my WWE Encyclopedia signed and also an awesome photo with him. He signed and signed and signed. And he had his wife there, who was also signing as she has some action figures out. They stayed for just a few minutes and said they were going upstairs to get ready and when he came back down, he would do it again. And sure enough, to his word, Zombie came back down and did it again. I had a chance to have a few words with him. I asked him if there was any chance we would hear "Never Gonna Stop" tonight on Raw and he said no. And then asked if he was gonna be on with Edge tonight and he said he was hoping to. He hadnt seen Edge in so long. Very, very cool! Eventhough Zombie was there, I think more fans were interested in his wife.

After Raw, we decided to make a change in plans and try to hit up other wrestlers, since we did fairly well at the first. After Raw, we saw Jillian, who was a first time meet. Also saw Primo, who I had not seen in quite sometime. Got both in my 2009 program......which I am just 21 names short of completing now.

The Hart Dynasty came out and was headed for their car. I figured they were going some place and didnt want to hold them up. Nattie and Tyson got in, but David spotted me and called me over. He actually gave me one of those one armed man hugs. He was asking me if I had seen Edge yet and I told him I had not. He started talking to me about the Fedor fight and giving me the "told you so" speech about him being over rated. We chatted for a few minutes and he even asked if I wanted anything signed or a photo. I gave him the 2010 program and told him I didnt want to hold him. He signed and said no sweat and told me they would be back in a bit anyway.

Next was Ted Dibiase. It was great seeing Ted again. As always, super nice and obliged everyone. I told him I had the NOAH dvd he wanted of his indy matches and he was shocked. He couldnt believe I remembered it and the photos of him in The Marine that he signed for me a few months ago that he wanted copies of. He was really grateful and said he couldnt wait to see the matches, as he has never seen them. He tried to give me money for it......but I refused. I told him I would trade it to him if he would finish all my stuff off in autos. Ted said no sweat and signed 8 items for, including my WM 26 program and 2010. We talked about his first MITB match and what he was thinking to steal the show. He said he just found out about it and was gonna work on somethings. My friend DJKnightRida mentioned to him how he liked his new Virgil and Ted said "she's hot!" We laughed. Stupid me forgot to get my photo op. and also my WM 26 magazine signed with him on the cover. Oh well.....something for next time.

Ironically, Maryse was next, but no Miz. Maryse stopped and signed and was looking even hotter than she does on tv. I know......but true story.

Sheamus came . Nice as always, but would not sign autos. He said there are way too many ebayers out there and he aint signing anymore b/c people are just using him to make a buck. Shame. But he did pose for photos.

Finally, The Hart Dynasty came back minus Tyson. We were outside, enjoying the fresh air and windy breeze and Nattie invited us in. The hotel staff wasnt jerks or anything, but when we started taking photos is when they said something. Nattie turned and said that we were cool and that was the end of any issue. She asked me what I did with the Edge poster that I had him sign in Baltimore. I couldnt believe she remembered me too. I toldDavid was talking to a drunk stewardess, who we had talked to earlier in the night. I think she was hitting on him and I came over and asked her if she knew who that was. She said no and I said he was the son of a former WWE legend. She asked who......David responded The Big Bossman. She wouldnt believe him. David said he carries a big stick and a ball and chain too. If you're looking for trouble, he'll be coming after you. It was hilarious! I told her he was the son of Kamala. We both started beating our tummies. Ok, I beat my tummy. He smacked his abs. Whatever. She still wouldnt believe him. Finally, David came clean. He said he was the son of the former WWE Legend......Hacksaw Jim Duggan....DH Duggan. He gave a big HOOOOOOOO!!!! She started to buy it and David said he could prove it and said his 2X4 was out in the car. Now she was into it. Nattie couldnt contain the laughter and had to walk away and David sold this to no end. I told David to show her his upgraded 4X4.....and he said not in the lobby. LOL! DH sold this to no end and I finally had to leave cuz I was gonna bust out and he started chanting USA. A few minutes later, David came back outside laughing his ass off. He does his best Duggan, which was dead on, struck the Duggan pose and said "he beats people up. HOOOOOOOO!!!!" Then he marched back into the lobby and into the elevator. Highlight of the night. Funny poop happens at 2am with David Hart Smith around.

http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

mrira
Marked Out Master

Re: Showstopper Meets Superbeast

Post by mrira » June 30th, 2010, 8:22 pm

Nice shots, the guy in the back of your Natayla pic looks like he is thinking "Don't look that way or else something will happen."

Whole F'N Gigantor
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Whole F'N Gigantor » June 30th, 2010, 8:40 pm

great photo with Rob. very well done. Did anyone have any movie memorabilia for him like Rejects or Halloween?

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper » June 30th, 2010, 8:50 pm

mrira wrote:Nice shots, the guy in the back of your Natayla pic looks like he is thinking "Don't look that way or else something will happen."

LMAO! At first I thought he was in the painting and not the guy in the background. LOL!
Big Chad wrote:great photo with Rob. very well done. Did anyone have any movie memorabilia for him like Rejects or Halloween?
One guy had 4 different figures he was getting signed with that stuff. One guy had a record album. I forgot to take my cd and figured chances were slim anyway.

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

Lou

Post by Lou » July 1st, 2010, 12:19 am

Guy are you 100% sure that's Ashley?!? For some reason she looks ALOT like one of the female wrestlers they have down here in FCW...she goes by AJ Lee. I didnt think she was on the road or anything, but you never know I guess.

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper » July 1st, 2010, 12:43 am

Lou wrote:Guy are you 100% sure that's Ashley?!? For some reason she looks ALOT like one of the female wrestlers they have down here in FCW...she goes by AJ Lee. I didnt think she was on the road or anything, but you never know I guess.
I'm pretty sure. I could be wrong. But other people thought it was AJ Lee and then that was debunked by a few others. I could be wrong.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » July 1st, 2010, 12:49 am

IMO it looks like AJ Lee

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

Kristen

Post by Kristen » July 1st, 2010, 1:33 am

Yeah, that's AJ Lee. Ashley has no reason to be with the RAW crew and I believe was in Florida for other stuff on Monday.

dstrycharz

Post by dstrycharz » July 1st, 2010, 2:38 am

Kristen,

Ashley along with Jamie Keyes And ALL OF THE NXT SEASON 1 & 2 Rookies ALL Have to be fly out and be in attendance for ALL PPV's RAW's AND SMACKDOWN TAPINGS Regardless if they are used or not!! This is want all the season 2 rookies and Jamie Keyes as well as NXT season 1 rookies told me. Season 1 rookies still have to attend smackdown/nxt tapings on tuesday and they were in attendance last week for the ppv raw and then on tuesday for smackdown/nxt tapings in New Hampshire since I was around and saw them all after the tapings

dstrycharz

Post by dstrycharz » July 1st, 2010, 2:40 am

Anyone good shots man

dstrycharz

Post by dstrycharz » July 1st, 2010, 2:54 am

But after looking at some pics I do think this is AJ Lee.

Doctor Satan
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Doctor Satan » July 1st, 2010, 10:34 am

cmshowstopper wrote:
mrira wrote:Nice shots, the guy in the back of your Natayla pic looks like he is thinking "Don't look that way or else something will happen."

LMAO! At first I thought he was in the painting and not the guy in the background. LOL!
Big Chad wrote:great photo with Rob. very well done. Did anyone have any movie memorabilia for him like Rejects or Halloween?
One guy had 4 different figures he was getting signed with that stuff. One guy had a record album. I forgot to take my cd and figured chances were slim anyway.

I was that guy. I got her single house of 1,000 corpses & devils rejects figs signed, the 2 pack with her and spaulding (signed by both) and the 3 pack with her, otis & spaulding (signed by all 3). If CM is cool with it i'll post a pic of all 4 signed figs. Tuesday morning we got vince leaving for willkes barre and i got my 1/500 signed ;)

djknightrida

Post by djknightrida » July 1st, 2010, 11:34 am

NYY 4 Life wrote:

I was that guy. I got her single house of 1,000 corpses & devils rejects figs signed, the 2 pack with her and spaulding (signed by both) and the 3 pack with her, otis & spaulding (signed by all 3). If CM is cool with it i'll post a pic of all 4 signed figs. Tuesday morning we got vince leaving for willkes barre and i got my 1/500 signed ;)

You're welcome. :D Congrats on getting Vince...if I didj't have to work I woulda just pulled the allnighter and got Vince leaving.