Days of the Wolf Con 2014

Place to find reports on meets of the past.
vmars322
Marking Out Amateur

Days of the Wolf Con 2014

Post by vmars322 » October 14th, 2016, 4:34 pm

Back in 2014 I attended my first (and last) Creation Entertainment Convention...Days of the Wolf. At the time I was beyond obsessed with Teen Wolf and Tyler Hoechlin (well, I guess I'm still pretty into him :P). As I had never been to a Creation Entertainment event before I wasn't sure what to expect, but with the prices they were charging for admission...graphs...and photos (including a 'shipping fee' for each electronic ticket purchased) I thought it'd be a lot more than it was.

Besides Q&As and a vendor area that consisted of three tables there was nothing to do to kill time until the autograph and photo sessions that didn't begin until well into the evening began. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have just gone to the convention later in the day, but at the time I was clueless about the setup.

After watching various Q&A panels the time had arrived for my photo op with Tyler. Though the moment was over very quickly he was kind and we were able to exchange a few words. Once the op was done it was time to wait for the autograph session to start. Since they had sold a ton of gold or silver or whatever passes it took a LONG time to get to my general autograph pass.

But Tyler was very very nice. I told him I had been waiting for this all day and he laughed and asked if it was worth it. I told him it definitely was. After he signed the photo he cupped my hand in between his and thanked me for coming out to meet him. That warmed my little fangirl heart.

As I had to work the next day and it was already late I couldn't stick around to wait for my photo to be printed. The website said that the photo would be mailed in the next two weeks. Yeah, that didn't happen. The con was in June and in October I finally got the photo in the mail.

So everything worked out in the end, but the whole experience left me pretty soured on Creation Entertainment.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Days of the Wolf Con 2014

Post by WOODMO » October 15th, 2016, 9:43 pm

Great stuff, though I agree, the creation model is both slow and overpriced

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Re: Days of the Wolf Con 2014

Post by cmshowstopper » October 18th, 2016, 6:11 pm

Great pic! I love Hochelin's Superman
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels