capman meets KISS

Place to find reports on meets of the past.
capman
Marked Out Pro

capman meets KISS

Post by capman » October 13th, 2016, 9:34 am

So I decided to post some pictures from my pre internet age and will split it up in two posts . First is my Kiss Meets:

The last past will then of how my KISS shirt came to be:

First is meeting the late, great Eric Carr - 12/08/1988 - WSOU College radio after his interview, far and above the nicest Kiss member ever and he was hanging on my shoulder for a while chatting with everyone.

Next is Peter on April 14, 1991 at the Kiss convention - Now you could get two things autographed and photo for FREE!!! The long was really looonnggg, but about an hour wait for an original member of Kiss. He was really really cranky the whole time I remember.

Gene at the same WDHS signing ( who was heavily flirting with a blonde woman) and a Bruce signing at a monster con in Aug. 1997 as he was $10 then. ( this was a strange convention as I don't remember the name of it, but it was at the Meadowlands center where walking dead always goes, Blackie Lawlesss, Ace, and Missy Hyatt was there).

Next are some pictures of Paul and I - top one if from Toronto Aug. 1999 when Paul did Phantom of the Opera and the one below is from WDHA in Oct. 1997 as he loved my shirt and only took a pic with me on his way in

Now the first day i met Paul and how my shirt came to be :

June 28, 1993. i worked for a cd store and got 8 passes for the Alive 3 promo tour where you could meet the band, get something singed and get a photo. ALl I cared about was Paul as he is the only member I ever wanted to meet. I had an airbrushed shirt that I bought at the Kiss convention in April that year. Now everyone I was with knew that I went first knowing me as I am and how much attention I will give Paul.

The first picture is me getting Paul's attention while waiting as I screamed his name as loud as I could. He pointed at me and said " Super cool shirt".I said in a quick manner" thank, do you want it?". he said " How much do you want for it". Being shocked, i said " Come off that stage and come take a picture with me". Without hesitation, he jumps off the stage leaving the guy he was with, my friend takes the picture ( which is my all time favorite meet still), give me a high five and I take off the shirt and give it to him.

As you can see, I have no shirt on , praising the man, and thanking him. The people I'm with are laughing and bit embarrassed, but I didn't care. He shows the shirt to Gene, who gives a thumbs up. I went up, he said " you have to wear something, here". gives me a shirt a bit too small, but again, didn't care. He takes one more photo w me, signs my photo and thank him again. I just shook Bruce and Eric's hand since I had nothing for them to sign (and didn't care). then i has gene sign my photo.

After getting my pic back, my uncle suggests that I should get an air brushed shirt of that photo. I laughed and then said ' hmmm...well, that will be different". I get the guy who did my first shirt and he happily does it.

Next post will be one of the rarest photos of wrestlers that go way back.
Attachments
Eric.jpg
Eric.jpg (209.29 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
Peter.jpg
Peter.jpg (105.34 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
paul6.jpg
paul6.jpg (184.03 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
gene_bruce1.jpg
gene_bruce1.jpg (179.31 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
paul1.jpg
paul1.jpg (88.2 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
paul2.jpg
paul2.jpg (60.05 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
paul3.jpg
paul3.jpg (93.71 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
paul4.jpg
paul4.jpg (78.4 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
iphone 004.JPG
iphone 004.JPG (1.67 MiB) Viewed 1612 times
paul5.jpg
paul5.jpg (58.76 KiB) Viewed 1612 times

Greg2600

Re: The thread of pre Internet age combo hunting photos

Post by Greg2600 » October 13th, 2016, 9:43 am

WTH, this Kiss encounter deserves it's own Flashback report! Capman delivers again!

I love the one where he literally gives the shirt off his back to Paul to check out! :bowdown:
Last edited by Greg2600 on October 13th, 2016, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: capman meets KISS

Post by WOODMO » October 13th, 2016, 9:51 am

This is great and absolutely deserves it's own topic.

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » October 13th, 2016, 9:59 am

Wow, i didn't even think I should, but hell, thanks!

Many of Kiss stories in the Naked city

overthetop17
Marked Out Pro

Post by overthetop17 » October 13th, 2016, 10:59 am

:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: AWESOME!

UFOboy
Full Fledged Mark

Post by UFOboy » October 13th, 2016, 11:17 am

bad ass! man free kiss sigs at a con! :dead:
thanks for sharing

mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Post by mikeyicon » October 13th, 2016, 4:30 pm

As a fellow KISS Fan, I truly appreciate this. Especially the Paul Stanley and Eric Carr photos. AWESOME!!!!!

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » October 14th, 2016, 3:01 pm

Excellent! I would trade almost any one of my photos for a photo with Eric!

Great "Capman meets Catman" pic too!