If Ya Smelllllllll...... a Lot of Luck and Chance

Place to find reports on meets of the past.
WOODMO
Site Admin

If Ya Smelllllllll...... a Lot of Luck and Chance

Post by WOODMO » April 19th, 2020, 6:25 pm

Flashback 11 years in the making, all the way back to 2009. On this particular occasion, The Rock was in NYC hosting SNL. We had some intel on him, and we went to what we believed was his hotel. The crew was Lanza, myself, Flair, and someone else who I can't quite remember. We arrived early, and waited. I didn't have anything to get signed, but the rest of the group did so we weren't completely inconspicuous. After a while, we saw nothing and that obviously raised some anxiety. The thing with SNL is you know by a certain time, it either happens or it won't happen, as they're working on a schedule.

Anyhow, as we continue to wait, beginning to realize we may have gone wrong somewhere and wasted our time, a man leaving the gym walking down the street asks us "are you guys waiting for The Rock? I just saw him working out in the gym over there". Now the gym was down the block from the hotel, but he was clearly staying elsewhere since we never saw him leave. Talk about a mess up and stroke of luck, all at once. We all of course hightail it to the gym and see a waiting SUV. After a few more minutes out comes the Rock, gym suited, sweating, and while it wasn't cold out it wasn't warm either and standing on the street, especially on that block which always seems to be windy, isn't fun. Luckily Rock was kind enough to pose for the 4 of us. I got Rock once after this, and took another pic, but this one will always be my favorite. With hair, with the tattoos showing, it was a perfect Wrestling era photo. Whenever I see this photo I always remember how lucky we got, and how close we came to completely fucking up and wasting the day.

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Re: If Ya Smelllllllll...... a Lot of Luck and Chance

Post by oldschoolwwwf » April 20th, 2020, 1:02 pm

Love this.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » April 20th, 2020, 3:27 pm

One of the epic M.O. moments. Surprised you all were able to hold your bladders for that long of a wait.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

wewantflair
Site Admin

Post by wewantflair » May 12th, 2020, 7:03 am

Probably my favorite street meet ever. Just a hell of an entertaining day.